Rift Disciple

Default Win-Loss-Tie

Post yours and don't lie.

I'm 43-50-3 with elo 650.

All I do is pvp for the last 3 years.

Win-Loss-Tie-elo-update.jpg

this ones from a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

Still positive... Got that going for me.
    My ELOL jumps as much as 30 points and as little as 1.
    Quite a rollercoaster

http://i.imgur.com/cMDUTpA.png

its important that we all have pretty simmilar amount of wins and losses. game will try to equilise it no matter what you do to resist it.

+1 for the topic!

Shadowlander

Default Win-Loss-Tie

Not playing much lately due to the fact that PvP is just a big mess these days. Neverthless I play Rift since day 1. My ELO rating is by now 1559 and actually my win/loss percentage is a bit better now, but still it just shows how bad PvP is these days:~

Win: 29
    Loss: 46
    Tie: 1

Win Percentage:38,2

Or I am very unlucky and a bad player or I really dont know what to do to start having more victories at WFs like i usually had in the past. When we were able to see our ELO rating I had like 10 losses and 1 win... so i cant really understand where the balance is!

Thank you Trion for what you've been doing to PvP since SL. My guild is almost empty, most of the people that I knew from Rift have left the game... guess it was what you been seeking.

Cheers,
    Dime

http://i.imgur.com/FZDdrA8.png

Casual PvPer only doing weeklies and dailies reporting in

Rift Disciple

The amount of ELO that you win or lose seems heavily dependant on the time spent in the bg, not from what you've done there.

For example, each time I enter a finished game and have no time to do any dmg nor heal, my ELO doesn't change at all, no matter if we loose or win

So pretty much everyone loses half of the time or more.

Still glad to not rely on others and this is another thankful reminder. Only can see my last 30 games, sitting at 23 wins, 7 losses. Makes me feel like...this whole time it was my team...or something.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-05-2015 at 11:49 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

110 wins 55 losses 0 ties
    Win% 66.7
    Elo 2297

I have no idea how it works. By what people are saying (that it is nearly exclusive to wins and losses), I would think my ELO would be very high.

Anyway, from the time ELO was "unveiled" to the public a month or so ago:

Soliostro (@Faeblight)

Level 64
    Prestige 83

Wins: 61
    Losses: 19
    Ties: 3

Win Percentage: 73.5%

ELO: 2766

And if it matters, I've never rolled in a "premade" (in fact, I've never been in a guild at all), though I queue up with a friend of mine almost every match. Odd thing is, he's at 60-18-3, and has an ELO just over 2800. Makes no sense.

I've had a couple of decent streaks of 5-10 wins, and I think one that went 12. I've also had a couple of bad losing streaks of 3 or 4 in a row. Tonight I was 3-0, though weekdays it's more typical to go 5-2, give or take.
    Last edited by Borlok; 05-06-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Added win percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Borlok View Post
    I have no idea how it works. By what people are saying (that it is nearly exclusive to wins and losses), I would think my ELO would be very high.
    ELO isnt only WIN/LOSE its also "Whats the ELO in my WF" if the average ELO is even or close you dont really lose or win ELO.

And ELO is tracked way longer then 3.2

btw my ELO is around 3,2k right now, and i should be around 40-60%, it just dont work like this, sine win% is tracked (or at least is shown since) 3.2 and ELo is tracked way longer.
    Last edited by R3db4ss; 05-06-2015 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Just for reference/comparison:

Went 6-0 tonight, which put me at 67-19-3 (75.3%).

ELO went from 2766-2808, or +42, for an average of 7 points gained per win.

I think what Redbass said is correct; those of us who have played (that is, pvp'd) for a very long time will see very slow gains.

It's interesting. I could almost swear, though, that it went up more than average (10 points I think?) after a Black Garden in which I carried twice. *shrug* Could have been due to other circumstances.

Shield of Telara

Haven't gone up more then one point in any win yet with 143 elo.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Quote Originally Posted by Borlok View Post
    Just for reference/comparison:

Went 6-0 tonight, which put me at 67-19-3 (75.3%).

ELO went from 2766-2808, or +42, for an average of 7 points gained per win.

I think what Redbass said is correct; those of us who have played (that is, pvp'd) for a very long time will see very slow gains.

It's interesting. I could almost swear, though, that it went up more than average (10 points I think?) after a Black Garden in which I carried twice. *shrug* Could have been due to other circumstances.
    the amount it goes up or down by varies depending on your teams total ELO vs the enemy teams total ELO.
    if you teams total ELO is higher, your ELO will go up less. the greater the difference, the less ELO you gain.
    if your teams total ELO is lower, your ELO will go up by more. the greater the difference, the more your ELO will increase.

for best results, you want to have a team of Ezuens, and beat a team of Cupcakeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

50-57-3
    WP 45.5%
    elo 642

I like losing a close match. Unfortunately, only 1 of the 57 was a close loss. The rest were blowouts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast