+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: PvP Seal

Default PvP Seal

The title says it all. I only pvp so my seal is barely upgraded since i find NMR's extremely tedious and boring. A pvp seal would be very nice for pvp only people like myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

You'd be surprised that there are a lot of PVE people that don't really have it upgraded to max. IMO, the upgrade system for it sucks butt..

But what sucks even more is no pvp gear. I'd rather farm pvp for pvp gear \_(ツ)_/

You think "PvEers" enjoy farming Nightmare Rifts for the seal too?
    You don't want to do more than PvP?
    Then it's your own problem.
    Last edited by Snap; 05-04-2015 at 01:25 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Not really, actually it's the very thing OP is questioning a workaround for... its the entire topic of the thread.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-04-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Not really, actually it's the very thing OP is questioning a workaround for... its the entire topic of the thread.
    No workaround is required this is not a lobby game and some things require you to do more than sit in margal palace and press a button to que.
    I know that there are some of you that believe fully that a guild of millionaires is going to appear on day one and down all the content.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by mauzer80 View Post
    No workaround is required this is not a lobby game and some things require you to do more than sit in margal palace and press a button to que.
    Getting closer to a real answer.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Getting closer to a real answer.
    I can give one sorta: I doubt they'll ever make anything directly earned through PVP itself through Favor. There is no favor cap and you can infinitely grind Favor out to get what you need pretty fast. The only way you'd be able to MAYBE make it so you can "earn" it in pvp is to put the motes in pvp caches ALONG with the rest of the loot table.

I think that would be even worse since with NMR caches, you're at least guaranteed a single Mote in epic caches.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    You think "PvEers" enjoy farming Nightmare Rifts for the seal too?
    You don't want to do more than PvP?
    I farm them because I have to. It sucks, but I know if I put in the time I will get the goods. I'll take that over the system for the essences any day. The essence system is my idea of a nightmare.
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mukoswave View Post
    The title says it all. I only pvp so my seal is barely upgraded since i find NMR's extremely tedious and boring. A pvp seal would be very nice for pvp only people like myself.
    Your point is well taken, but on the flip side, this is only a min/max issue. A seal is the only item you can't get from PvP crates (not counting the synergy crystal). And the basic seal is a pretty cheap AH item. The final upgrade requires a huge amount of time and quite a bit of Plat for the mats (at least on my server). So, most folks will find themselves somewhere in between these bookends and it's not a huge swing either way on the stats.

Don't worry about it...

we were granted so much fun content so we could stop pvp-ing and start enjoying the game.more.
    try exploring the game. more! its fun,fun,fun.

p.s. (people from Bloodiron are bloody ironic)

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I'd rather farm pvp for pvp gear \_(ツ)_/
    I can't even wrap my mind around this concept.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Not that this would ever happen but ;

A daily quest that is basically identical (but harder) to the kill 15 Nmr mobs - close 2 Nmrs Daily in Tarken. You could do either of these but not both.

Ex.

The Mote Code

Obatin 200 kills in the Codex.
    Cap one base in the Codex.
    Obtain Victory x 2 in the Codex.

Rewards:

Mote thingy for ugrade x 1 - 149,351 pa xp - 2p

Have the "Warfront of the day" (the one corresponding to the daily) have a chance (10%) to drop a mote in addition to normal loot from loot chests obtained in said wf. Have a chance (2.5%) for a mote to drop for your team when capping / defending a base.

Would still be a stupidly annoying grind, but more fun for pvpers who hate all forms of pve. Quest would be much harder to do and less viable than spending 40 mins in tarken.

Also would improve odds of a wf to q for where everyone was on the same page (winning the game).
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

Rift Disciple

Trion has posted several times that their design philosophy is that folks who participate in multiple aspects of the game should gear up faster than folks who participate in 1 element only. So, while many of the suggestions above make it easier for PvP'ers to upgrade their seal doing only PvP, it conflicts with Trion's design philosophy and hence are not likely to be implemented.

The best chance you have for getting changes implemented is to align your suggestions with Trion's objectives.
    Last edited by tdain; 05-06-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdain View Post
    Trion has posted several times that their design philosophy is that folks who participate in multiple aspects of the game should gear up faster than folks who participate in 1 element only. So, while many of the suggestions above make it easier for PvP'ers to upgrade their seal doing only PvP, it conflicts with Trion's design philosophy and hence are not likely to be implemented.

The best chance you have for getting changes implemented is to align your suggestions with Trion's objectives.
    Well except pvers are better equipped for the pve task of getting pve seals.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-06-2015 at 07:33 AM.

Tdain 10/10 Dark Side. Getting pvp gear back would be great, if a seal alone is the first step then tallyho.
    Even if the motes came in (ugh) RNG boxes.
    Coinstar@Greybriar - Jynxed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast