+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ascended Disgrace-Room for improvement.

Default Ascended Disgrace-Room for improvement.

Queue for a warfront pops, enter, see a KNOWN premade for that particular night on the opposite team whilst your team is all pugs? Need to be given the option to get out of that match without applying a 15m debuff.
    Now obviously you would only have until the match actually starts to get out without the debuff.
    This NEEDS to be implemented due to the large number of premades running around and the useless queueing system failures since 3.2(granted the queueing system has always been useless but lets not go there).
    Thoughts?

Shield of Telara

If youre against a premade and know you're going to lose. . Play dom or a heal spec or bard. Something that makes your whole team stronger with the chance that as a group of 15 you can overcome 5.

or if you're pretty sure that even that won't matter, play a trollspec and f around against super cereal premade.

Sometimes you have to just make lemonade.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by oddiescell View Post
    If youre against a premade and know you're going to lose. . Play dom or a heal spec or bard. Something that makes your whole team stronger with the chance that as a group of 15 you can overcome 5.

or if you're pretty sure that even that won't matter, play a trollspec and f around against super cereal premade.

Sometimes you have to just make lemonade.
    They put potatoes with one good decent Elo player and expects for them to carry the team vs. premades for two hours straight. Lol. Look at Grims last video. I said it and he has proof, maybe Trion will finally see how broken the system is since they don't want to believe me or flash or even Lanto and other players. All you really have to do is shut down one or two player and the other team is done. And if you premade you can do it ez with dom. Once the premades find out how to exploit shutting down the right player (using a parser) they will find the person that matches to them and shut them down for hours and hours straight where they have no chance to carry.
    Last edited by Planetx; 05-03-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Wait but I thought all known premades with high elo are losing tons of matches because their pugs are so bad. So confusing, everyone is losing all of their matches

I agree that the ascended disgrace debuff has room for improvement, particularly in examples like the OP has given.

increase the duration of the debuff from 15 mins to at least 45 mins, and also make it apply to currency gains (so that no currency can be gained from any source for the duration of the debuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

increase the duration of the debuff from 15 mins to at least 45 mins, and also make it apply to currency gains (so that no currency can be gained from any source for the duration of the debuff).
    I have to admit that since you get it on recalls now,and the debuff is only 15min, I've had no reason to stay in a WF if I don't want to.

Of course if it was longer, than I would just afk.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-03-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Wait but I thought all known premades with high elo are losing tons of matches because their pugs are so bad. So confusing, everyone is losing all of their matches
    Because a 50% win rate isn't nearly good enough! lol, I know I think that way sometimes.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Use the time spent playing against the quality PMs learning how they play. Some of those players are top notch and most of us could stand to learn a thing or two from them.

If you only ever play against potatoes you'll never be better than a potato.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

I don't have anything to do with PvP systems in the game, I just write heroic stories. But every time I hear something like this I think of Fernand. Cursed by the gods for his bravery in battle he was forced to fight with thirteen automatons every battle. Did he whine about premades? Did he teleport away to hide in the capital city?

No. He fought his *** off. He kept fighting even though he knew he was going to lose. He fought so hard that even though it was mathematically impossible to win, sometimes he won. That's what the real solution to premades is. Bloody their nose! Make the rue the day they decided to gang up on you! Inspire your fellows to fight on through sheer awe of your prowess.

Or just blame the current Manugo number that randomly put you in that match.

This lore writer has bigger balls than like every active PvP'er.

203rd post in 5 years to tell you guys to grow a pair.

I love it.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-04-2015 at 04:56 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by JudeFromKale View Post
    Didn't rift PVP cause Fernand to go to rehab? Either that or he was so high he didn't even notice how bad it was. I reckon now that he's cleaned his act up even he couldn't even tolerate pvp in Rift.

Also, congrats on sobriety Fernand.
    I laughed way harder at this than I should have.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by JudeFromKale View Post
    Didn't rift PVP cause Fernand to go to rehab? Either that or he was so high he didn't even notice how bad it was. I reckon now that he's cleaned his act up even he couldn't even tolerate pvp in Rift.

Also, congrats on sobriety Fernand.
    The heroic life is not an easy one. And yet even with all the demons he had to fight within the game and in real life, he fought his hardest and earned his glory.

You can be sarcastic about this all you want, but it comes down to this. Are you going to earn your victories like Fernand did? Or do you want the Manugo button to hand them to you?

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    The heroic life is not an easy one. And yet even with all the demons he had to fight within the game and in real life, he fought his hardest and earned his glory.

You can be sarcastic about this all you want, but it comes down to this. Are you going to earn your victories like Fernand did? Or do you want the Manugo button to hand them to you?
    http://www.staples.com/Staples-Easy-...product_606396

Rift Disciple

Or they can let us afk without penalty like in the old days.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post

I don't play the game to earn glory. I play the game to have fun.

If the ELO system is broken, and I still have fun playing matches, then I'll continue. That doesn't make the ELO system any less pitifully bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast