+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Trion matchmaking flawed!

Prophet of Telara

Default Trion matchmaking flawed!

Today I realized how bad it is. If you are solo queue and did well as a carry, Trion will match you toward premades. Most solo queue'ers win match by playing objectives and not brute force use of team play. Now every other game I am currently being matched with known premades. I feels like I have to afk now because they force me to be matched vs. premade. And I don't want to continue feeding them. I tried to form premades and no one wants to do them. So because of high Elo around 3K nearly with 95% solo queue for a year I am being matched directly with premade and they are getting even more players added to their team than my team. 5vs7 etc.

I was frustrated today with PvP. I even made several bug reports. If I were to complain about each warfront I would have to screen shot to prove it and I think it would just go on death ears anyway.

Here are somethings that I can't for the life of me understand.

I solo queue and would be literally the only person on my team and be matched directly with a 5 man premade. Then the system fills out the rest of my team with players. I doubt it is lag.

I solo queue and we get 3-4 players on our team and the premade gets 5-7. This ends up with them getting a free win 99% of the time.

I solo queue and we have no healers and the other team has all the heals. This was suppose to be fixed.

I solo queue and look at the end of the score chart. I will be the only person in the top of the charts for my team with the most captures, most kills, most time holding and adding points to score and the rest of my team is all at bottom with least score, kills and basically potatoes. This means that I am carrying the ENTIRE team. No one else is matching me in putting points on the scoreboard. It feels like its me vs. 10 players all the time as solo queue.

My Elo has dropped from almost 3k to 2.8k. I feel I have to afk because in order for me to get not matched directly with premade group I have to lose to my Elo to near 0. And the problem is I DON'T lose more than 1 or 2 Elo when I lose vs. premade so trion forces me to be matched uneven for what will take me a year to lose Elo.

This matchmaking is atrocious and I find that I have not done a dis service or occupied heavy time stamps like premades have done to make the pvp scene in this game unbearable. I feel solo queue'er with good percentage wins who actually played for wins should not be put vs. premades just because they play to win and actually helped to carry 90% of players that don't premade. Premade only look out for themselves. You are killing off players who have carried your player base from beginning and have not exploited wins and 1000s upon 1000s of Elo through farming solo queue.

Trion is directly responsible for afkers, feeders, leavers, and just an entirely demoralized player base with this system which leads players to putting absolutely 0 effort in trying for a win or learning pvp.

I think the solution is to have more premades. Team up with your freinds, pick your roles and do it. Stop asking trion to organize your team for you.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I was frustrated today with PvP. I even made several bug reports. If I were to complain about each warfront I would have to screen shot to prove it and I think it would just go on death ears anyway.

Here are somethings that I can't for the life of me understand.

I solo queue and would be literally the only person on my team and be matched directly with a 5 man premade. Then the system fills out the rest of my team with players. I doubt it is lag.

I solo queue and we get 3-4 players on our team and the premade gets 5-7. This ends up with them getting a free win 99% of the time.

I solo queue and we have no healers and the other team has all the heals. This was suppose to be fixed.

I solo queue and look at the end of the score chart. I will be the only person in the top of the charts for my team with the most captures, most kills, most time holding and adding points to score and the rest of my team is all at bottom with least score, kills and basically potatoes. This means that I am carrying the ENTIRE team. No one else is matching me in putting points on the scoreboard. It feels like its me vs. 10 players all the time as solo queue.

My Elo has dropped from almost 3k to 2.8k. I feel I have to afk because in order for me to get not matched directly with premade group I have to lose to my Elo to near 0. And the problem is I DON'T lose more than 1 or 2 Elo when I lose vs. premade so trion forces me to be matched uneven for what will take me a year to lose Elo.

This matchmaking is atrocious and I find that I have not done a dis service or occupied heavy time stamps like premades have done to make the pvp scene in this game unbearable. I feel solo queue'er with good percentage wins who actually played for wins should not be put vs. premades just because they play to win and actually helped to carry 90% of players that don't premade. Premade only look out for themselves. You are killing off players who have carried your player base from beginning and have not exploited wins and 1000s upon 1000s of Elo through farming solo queue.

Trion is directly responsible for afkers, feeders, leavers, and just an entirely demoralized player base with this system which leads players to putting absolutely 0 effort in trying for a win or learning pvp.

For some reason today has been worse than any other day I can remember. I have 2 wins and 12 losses. My ELO is now down below 230.

I knew it was going to be a rough day when my 1st match was dex and after getting a 200+ point lead by 3 capping, people decided to bag their heads against dex and let the other team get total control.

The second match was BA and half the team fought over spire while the other half "guarded" our flag.

The third match I was told to just quit because I said it's impossible to win library with 0 heals.

I often wonder in a game that is as casual towards RIFT, why people feel the need to do PM's anyways. To win what exactly ? I like to group with people and be social, to do dungeons and once a while the odd raid, but my idea of enjoyment is not listening to someone bark out commands on vent all day, or play with the same group, where you will be often assigned a set role.

Yes, you win, but their is no enjoyment in winning. Often, I feel only regret for the pugs getting eviscerated.. Now, if there was a competitive PVP system with PM's vs PM's, arena's etc, things may be different. On the other hand, I think that ship has long sailed into the night. I play MMO's to relax and have some fun. I have plenty of stress and competition at work, and if I feel the need in my leisure time to be competitive, I will play online chess.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fusscle View Post
    I think the solution is to have more premades. Team up with your freinds, pick your roles and do it. Stop asking trion to organize your team for you.
    If they did your premade would fall apart because you wouldn't be able to survive real competition and players will exploit the number of derp combinations to 1 up your premade all the time. Try actually carrying players who are bad instead of being carried by Trions highly exploited system for once. Maybe you will finally see it from others perspective when you constantly get mismatched and instant loss matches 50% of the time you queue. Also, I have tried to form premades. It isn't something that is easy to do and I don't want to spend 2 hours just to get 4 players to quit after a loss.
    Last edited by Planetx; 04-30-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Leave for awhile and come back. Try playing only when Stillmore Conquest is going on when most of the PMs are in there.

Might as well just stop expecting devs to fix it. Just find a work around that lets you play at some enjoyable level at least.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsalot View Post
    Leave for awhile and come back. Try playing only when Stillmore Conquest is going on when most of the PMs are in there.

Might as well just stop expecting devs to fix it. Just find a work around that lets you play at some enjoyable level at least.
    You use to be able to leave a blatantly unfair match up vs. premades. I use to soul recall out of them and it would put me in a different cycle sometimes. Now if you soul recall you get penalized and just enough time passes so you get placed against the same premade. So Trions idea is to force a small group of people to proc premades continuously farming those same players who have to carry the potatoes vs. them. I feel this is the way the system is working.
    Last edited by Planetx; 04-30-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Telaran

I apologize for starting another thread of rant lol, now I realize that a lot of the player base is having issues against the "pre-made's"

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    If they did your premade would fall apart because you wouldn't be able to survive real competition and players will exploit the number of derp combinations to 1 up your premade all the time. Try actually carrying players who are bad instead of being carried by Trions highly exploited system for once. Maybe you will finally see it from others perspective when you constantly get mismatched and instant loss matches 50% of the time you queue. Also, I have tried to form premades. It isn't something that is easy to do and I don't want to spend 2 hours just to get 4 players to quit after a loss.
    Wax on, Wax off
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by drumondel View Post
    I apologize for starting another thread of rant lol, now I realize that a lot of the player base is having issues against the "pre-made's"

No, the problem is not pre mades. The problem is the people in warfronts join and don't want to work as a team. They think they know so much and they are God's gift to Rift they can do the opposite of the group, or the opposite of what is working.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    No, the problem is not pre mades. The problem is the people in warfronts join and don't want to work as a team. They think they know so much and they are God's gift to Rift they can do the opposite of the group, or the opposite of what is working.
    No the problem is matchmaking. It is obvious. There are premades who have over 4000+ Elo that have group combination 2-3x the entire other group but some players are being matched as one man premade vs. them.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    No the problem is matchmaking. It is obvious. There are premades who have over 4000+ Elo that have group combination 2-3x the entire other group but some players are being matched as one man premade vs. them.
    LOL get the f out. I should stream so you can see how much it sucks to be in a PM that has 2 people over 4k Elo (and I'm at 4656 right now.)

More often than not the other side will get stacked in an attempt to match with our Elo, and we will get severely low people on our team to attempt to balance it. There are so many nights that we stop queueing after one WF because it just sucks not even being able to compete because honestly, 5 people aren't going to carry 10/15 man WFs.

It's hard carrying five other people in a Wf like Black Garden when the other 5 people aren't doing anything worthwhile and it's so damn frustrating.

I would give up my Elo to have it back at 1500 to earn it through W/L instead of from heals from year+ ago.

I can't even solo queue. It thinks one person is worth 5 and it's even worse than a PM queue for me.

Smile

People who premade are different to the people who solo que.They think that being in a premade will have a better chance of winning. I solo que all the time and my wins kbs and damage does not depend on a healer or other dps. I focus my abilities to do my role as a dps and to do the best that i can without no help. That's what it mean to be a legend kill everyone and make sure you don't depend on premade and other carry become the carry like a true pvper
    Last edited by Xgame; 04-30-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Xgame@deepwood

Title known as: Xgame The Legendary Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    LOL get the f out. I should stream so you can see how much it sucks to be in a PM that has 2 people over 4k Elo (and I'm at 4656 right now.)

More often than not the other side will get stacked in an attempt to match with our Elo, and we will get severely low people on our team to attempt to balance it. There are so many nights that we stop queueing after one WF because it just sucks not even being able to compete because honestly, 5 people aren't going to carry 10/15 man WFs.

It's hard carrying five other people in a Wf like Black Garden when the other 5 people aren't doing anything worthwhile and it's so damn frustrating.

I would give up my Elo to have it back at 1500 to earn it through W/L instead of from heals from year+ ago.

I can't even solo queue. It thinks one person is worth 5 and it's even worse than a PM queue for me.
    This is why I don't even PvP on my Mage anymore. If we premade we get ****ed. If I duo queue we get ****ed. If I solo queue I get ****ed. It's a no-win situation. And I know I'm not the only one that has just stopped PvPing altogether thanks to this.

Trion matchmaking flawed!-token.jpg

^^ This basically sums up everything wrong with Rift's whole PvP matching and incentive structure right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast