+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ocho
  • 1 Post By Sekirach

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Getting thrown into a losing game?

Default Getting thrown into a losing game?

Is it just me or is everyone else having the problem where they solo queue for a WF (Random or not), and you get thrown into a losing team.

Happened to me a few times in a row now, and I wouldn't be complaining if the scores weren't overly stacked in favor of the winning team, but that hasn't been the case almost all the time with huge gaps between winning & losing team's scores.
    Entered Blighted Antechamber earlier and the score of the team I was on was 300ish and the opposing team was literally winning with 999. Lost the next second. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by CanOfMilk View Post
    Is it just me or is everyone else having the problem where they solo queue for a WF (Random or not), and you get thrown into a losing team.

Happened to me a few times in a row now, and I wouldn't be complaining if the scores weren't overly stacked in favor of the winning team, but that hasn't been the case almost all the time with huge gaps between winning & losing team's scores.
    Entered Blighted Antechamber earlier and the score of the team I was on was 300ish and the opposing team was literally winning with 999. Lost the next second. Yay.
    This happens, a lot and can be expected. Imo it is more likely for players to abandon a WF when they are losing, or pretty sure to lose than abandoning a won WF. The LFG warfront queue system will try to fill the available slots - hence joined a lost game.

On the other hand you will get queued into won WF's too! Only imo this would happen less often as players are probably less likely to leave.

Tbh these types of WF queue 'pops' are by faaaaar in the minority of WF's i have actually played, winning or losing.

I don't mind it at all. Because a couple of times I will join a wf where my team it's blowing out the other one. Makes doing my weeklies so much easier
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

Soulwalker

Their system is just broken. People leave when they see their team is losing so they set some spots free, whilst the other 15 don't leave since they are winning. So except in a case of extreme luck, if you join a WF, there are 3 possible situations :
    • Either the game is fair/just started (average/high probability)
    • The game is already lost (average probability)
    • The game is already won (low probability)

Well done Trion -_-.

If you join a game that's already won, you shouldn't gain ELO. If you join a game that's already lost, you shouldn't lose ELO. As simple as this.
    Last edited by Gefnfrigg; 04-27-2015 at 09:05 AM.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

This is something we're actively looking in to. I met and discussed the issue with the team late last week.

This seems to be happening with more frequency since our Rating was revealed. People protecting KDA, ELO and W / L stats.

Yesterday I had 3 instant loses and qd into 3 more not much you can do loses, I did get 1 free win though. Honestly I do not mind it one bit, free currency for purchasing more consumables and a nice safe place on the ladder to shoot back peddlers from.

The personal skill disparity I see in my 1500 range elo is honestly ridiculous. One game both sides will be full of pve players who are obviously very new to mmos even though they are wearing full t1 mostly upgraded to legendary or whatever orange is in this game. The very next game is full of fully buffed, consumable wearing pvp players who are cc ing focus / mouseover targets and just in general moving with purpose.
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

Rift Master

Almost every time as I solo queue. However I really appreciate when the pms warn you they are forming. Gives a reason to do something else.

Rift Master

Just this minute left a CQ Dom had over 7600 NF was 0 and Oath had about 200. Working as intended???

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    This is something we're actively looking in to. I met and discussed the issue with the team late last week.
    when it is long needed fixes to problems that we've been complaining about for most of Nightmare Tide, it gets "discussed".

when its someone complaining about being pulled into a spawn two or three times in a row in a single match, even when they have access to counters, its "fixed" in the next patch.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Plane Walker

Wouldn't a simple solution be that if a team is up by X amount of points (maybe 500) the system would not put any new players into that WF?

I don't understand why after several months of several people complaining about this you guys just "discussed" this issue last week.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mukoswave View Post
    I don't mind it at all. Because a couple of times I will join a wf where my team it's blowing out the other one. Makes doing my weeklies so much easier
    Good luck with that!
    I was keeping in simple notepad the score of joining into Already Won vs Already Lost games for last 2 months (since i returned to Rift after leaving not satisfied with PvP and other things in the game) and you will be amazed by the score - 1:18 in favor of being thrown into already lost game. And this is more than 1/3 of my total losses for that time. System fair enough?

Players are trying to preserve their precious W:L ratios no doubt by abandoning. Lose the stats Trion. 5 losing WFs in a row... simply not fun anymore.

Used to get a reasonable number of winning team randoms, now they are almost non-existent.

Either lose the stats or introduce a system that allows you to chose fresh WF only.

Could also give a loser point to the ones abadoning, but that might be unfair for genuine disconnects.

*EDIT* Screw 'em ... double loser points for abandoning players. That's the only way you'll stop it.
    Last edited by Linolea; 05-10-2015 at 02:31 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    when it is long needed fixes to problems that we've been complaining about for most of Nightmare Tide, it gets "discussed".

when its someone complaining about being pulled into a spawn two or three times in a row in a single match, even when they have access to counters, its "fixed" in the next patch.
    i will actually remember 3.2 patch as the PvP Kronos fix. and the announcment that made me laugh - pvp got a facelift.

it was better to say something than to leave it empty i guess... and it would kinda sound lame if they said - we fixed kronos,pvp is better than ever now.

+ Reply to Thread