+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ruupi

Thread: Matchmaking using two variables - ELO and Participation

Telaran

Default Matchmaking using two variables - ELO and Participation

It has been mentioned that there are two contributing factors to a win in WF
    team ELO and active participation.

Why not have matchmaking based on these two things at once.

And I don't mean group actives with non-actives in a team.

What I mean is group up all the active players and put them in one match, then create teams based on their ELO.

Then group up all the non-active players and put them in another match... create teams based on ??? (doesn't really matter, give them 50% win rate and they're happy)

Now all the people that feel required to PVP even if they don't like it can continue to do so and get their rewards, while the active players wanting fun PVP games can continue to get those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruupi View Post
    It has been mentioned that there are two contributing factors to a win in WF
    team ELO and active participation.

Why not have matchmaking based on these two things at once.

And I don't mean group actives with non-actives in a team.

What I mean is group up all the active players and put them in one match, then create teams based on their ELO.

Then group up all the non-active players and put them in another match... create teams based on ??? (doesn't really matter, give them 50% win rate and they're happy)

Now all the people that feel required to PVP even if they don't like it can continue to do so and get their rewards, while the active players wanting fun PVP games can continue to get those as well.
    A good suggestion. Something similar was proposed here just this week, why not bump that thread . Link below...

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ng-system.html

+ Reply to Thread