+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Damned to have 0 ELO

Default Damned to have 0 ELO

Hy Trion,

yesterday I realised, that my char is damned to have an ELO-rating of 0. First I will explain my situation. I play PvE and PvP. The most important fact is, that I ONLY solo-queue for PvP.

I often had the feeling, that my win-rate in warfronts is significant lower than my loss rate. Since 3.2 we have this new and nice (/irony) feature, to see your own win/loss-rate and your ELO-rating and it gave me certainty. Since 3.2 I have done 96 warfronts, I won 40 of them and lost 56! So I have a win rate of „only“ ~ 40%.

This means, if I participate in 10 warfronts, I will win 4 and lose 6. To be honest, I am not realy surpised about this result, because it absolutely corresponds to the real situation of solo queuing players.

10 Warfronts as solo player

4x You win, because you had the better team
    4x You lose, because the opponents were better
    2x You lose because the system puts you into an ongoing and already lost warfront or your team was completely devastated by a premade group.

As you can see, for me as a solo player it is very hard to achieve at leat 50% win rate to (only) hold my ELO-rating and it is virtually impossible for me to gain a longterm win-rate of 50%+ to improve my ELO-rating.

Now lets talk about the 0 ELO. When 3.2 was released my ELO was 730. Two weeks later it dropped (40wins/56 losses) to 660, what means that I lose ~35 ELO per week in addition. So, 660 divided by 35 is 19, or in other words, my ELO-rating will reach 0 in 5 months. I doubt that it will realy take 5 months, because nowadays more and more players only set a foot in warfronts with premade groups to avoid to ruin their ELO. So I guess I will see the big zero in 3 – 4 months. lol

So, why am I writing this? First of all I want to give you (Trion) some food for thought. Is this system realy fair and useful? Is it maybe one reason for the more and more unballenced warfronts we see since a few months? Furthermore I want to ask for a small reward. It would be cool if you add an achievement for me and all other players who are damned to have 0 ELO by solo queuing. For example „He sacrificed his time to keep PvP alive“ or somthing like that, if your ELO reaches 0.^^ A title would also be nice.

THX

Quote Originally Posted by Fomal View Post
    Hy Trion,

yesterday I realised, that my char is damned to have an ELO-rating of 0. First I will explain my situation. I play PvE and PvP. The most important fact is, that I ONLY solo-queue for PvP.

I often had the feeling, that my win-rate in warfronts is significant lower than my loss rate. Since 3.2 we have this new and nice (/irony) feature, to see your own win/loss-rate and your ELO-rating and it gave me certainty. Since 3.2 I have done 96 warfronts, I won 40 of them and lost 56! So I have a win rate of „only“ ~ 40%.

This means, if I participate in 10 warfronts, I will win 4 and lose 6. To be honest, I am not realy surpised about this result, because it absolutely corresponds to the real situation of solo queuing players.

10 Warfronts as solo player

4x You win, because you had the better team
    4x You lose, because the opponents were better
    2x You lose because the system puts you into an ongoing and already lost warfront or your team was completely devastated by a premade group.

As you can see, for me as a solo player it is very hard to achieve at leat 50% win rate to (only) hold my ELO-rating and it is virtually impossible for me to gain a longterm win-rate of 50%+ to improve my ELO-rating.

Now lets talk about the 0 ELO. When 3.2 was released my ELO was 730. Two weeks later it dropped (40wins/56 losses) to 660, what means that I lose ~35 ELO per week in addition. So, 660 divided by 35 is 19, or in other words, my ELO-rating will reach 0 in 5 months. I doubt that it will realy take 5 months, because nowadays more and more players only set a foot in warfronts with premade groups to avoid to ruin their ELO. So I guess I will see the big zero in 3 – 4 months. lol

So, why am I writing this? First of all I want to give you (Trion) some food for thought. Is this system realy fair and useful? Is it maybe one reason for the more and more unballenced warfronts we see since a few months? Furthermore I want to ask for a small reward. It would be cool if you add an achievement for me and all other players who are damned to have 0 ELO by solo queuing. For example „He sacrificed his time to keep PvP alive“ or somthing like that, if your ELO reaches 0.^^ A title would also be nice.

THX
    100% solo queued since 3.2

http://i.imgur.com/l2wVeO8.jpg

And like everyone else probably 5 - 10 of those loses were late join where it was too late to affect the outcome
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 04-26-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post

And like everyone else probably 5 - 10 of those loses were late join where it was too late to affect the outcome
    I mostly solo queue too, when I do group up it is with guildies running whatever specs they want, not putting together a team of superheroes in FotM specs.

currently sitting at around 75 wins, 77 losses, 1 tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I still don't have a tie...

We must need another ELO of ties.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-26-2015 at 08:57 PM.

Plane Walker

I am currently at a ELO of 239 with a record of 37 wins 44 losses and 1 tie. I really think it has something to do with the hours that I play. Although I don't have the exact numbers it seems like the majority of my losses (some times 4-5 in a row) comes from joining when the WF is 2/3 over and is already in blow out status. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I mainly play at off hours (such as 6:00 AM-8:00 AM Est).

Your fault (xP) is that you didn't premade before NTE, highest elos generally come from those times facestomping premades. And with that high elo you don't need to premade atm because even when you lose, elo movement is 1-2 that, you will be pretty much sailing at around same elo. System is unfair to pre NTE solo queuers, solo queuer healers (vs premade 2-3 healers, you are guaranteed to be put vs a premade) etc., generally solo queuers; since you also get put into already lost wfs pretty often whereas a 5-man pre doesn't experience this.

TL;DR: We needed an elo reset with this expansion or seperate premade queues (if not just totally random queue system) /sigh.

Rift Disciple

Wtf would u want to have a high ELO??
    I can't make it go down on any of my char.

At 0 you will likely be put in better teams. Well I mean, if the matchmaking was working as intended, which everyone knows it isn't the case. Just like ELO rating, or win percentage...

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    I still don't have a tie...

We must need another ELO of ties.
    Kr normal 2-2 ties ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Koruen View Post
    Wtf would u want to have a high ELO??
    I can't make it go down on any of my char.

At 0 you will likely be put in better teams. Well I mean, if the matchmaking was working as intended, which everyone knows it isn't the case. Just like ELO rating, or win percentage...
    you can have 1 elo and be put on a better team but if you are still completely worthless you aren't going to win a lot more because you are that bad and good players still struggle to carry that much

Rift Disciple

I didn't understand he pretended to be bad

Why do you have Fan Out bound to your action bar?

i have elo 900 and atm 34 win 40 loss.
    The point is this is telling absolutely nothing
    (except that trion hates me)

i always solo que and i always try to make the best out of a wf eventhough im ussually put
    in with blue geared. i wish there would be a way to check the kill death ratio this would be much more awesome becouse i can actually work to make it better.
    wfs whilst solo queing isnt a teamsport. its far from it i only do objectives when i finnaly get a good group along the way. else it will only cause rage and frustration.

anyways i forgot why i started writing this reply so cya ingame

Sword of Telara

you probably solo q when the suns coming up and noones on

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Why do you have Fan Out bound to your action bar?
    Perhaps that player is in their mob tagging onslaught spec?

I have 25 wins and 5 losses.

Oh wait I'm playing a solo game where I don't get weighed down by suck.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast