+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KiwiRage

Thread: Simple... Very simple.

Default Simple... Very simple.

give premades their own queue, screws with casuals, screws with solo queue'rs.

ESPECIALLY when u get the fully decked out raiding premades with gear advantage upon gear advantage.

this has been tried out a bit. the try ended with long quee times and win trades. guess its human nature to abuse everything possible.
    but,its really unfair to put ungergeared players with orange ones. wherever i see a player under 70k i go nom nom if on oposite team or /cry if on mine.
    sometimes they make me smile tho, like a lad's response when i asked him why doesnt he have essences equiped in his greater slots - response was - im waiting for them to drop from pvp.

maybe a better aproach would be if a certain requirement level is set, just like joining the Nte.
    that would increase quee time a bit, but would separate green potatoes from orange potatoes a lot.

Not that your concern isn't warranted, but we've been over this subject many times in forums over the past year or two.

But here's the deal: the vast majority of players in Rift DON'T want competitive pvp.

This has been illustrated multiple times in varying ways. When there was a separate "premade only" Black Garden queue (implemented by Trion due to recurring requests for arena-style pvp) it was neglected by the playerbase.

The player-sponsored pvp tournaments have disappeared. Autumn of 2014 had the last tournament that was advertised to effect, and only attracted the attention of 10 teams. This was before 3.0, and the pvp playerbase seems to have thinned even further since then.

Now look at the posts of those amidst the forum threads opposed to reducing the size of premades queuing for Conquest. Why would they oppose this concept? Considering multiple CQ premades competing is the exception and not the norm of most conquest matches recently, it only serves to further illustrate that they don't want a "level playing field."

Consider the notion of potential "exploits" discovered by players in Rift's history. When it was possible to "stack" premades in an organized fashion in Conquest, virtually every premade attempted to do so if they had access to a number of participants necessary. Then consider the very nature of FOTM specs- how often do you see grizzled veterans playing "less than optimal" specs simply to provide a challenge?

Now consider the players who support the "gear unification" concept of 3.0. Who are these players? The majority are the ones who benefitted the most from the change- raiders and the like who build pve gearsets through their typical avenues of activities, and thus granting them an advantage over those who don't. Peruse forum topics prior to Summer of 2014 and see how many opinions were voiced requesting "gear unification". Not very many. Why is this? Because those who engaged in pvp activities at the time knew & accepted the usage & methods of gaining pvp gear- which was solely participating in pvp.

Rift isn't a bad game, but if competitive and fun pvp-style activities are what you seek, you may want to look elsewhere.

perhaps you misunderstood me, I don't queue premade, im on the solo queue 99% of the time. I mean give each of these types their own queue. pm vs pug is utter bs.

Yes, a very little percentage of my time in pvp is spent in a "premade"(1-2%) though it is a guild fun run whilst we're drinking on ts or something, it is not organized, it is not an "indirect gear exploit"(yes this is literally what a 5man raiding premade does).

I really couldn't care less if a premade took 5 hours to find a pvp match, fact is, they should NEVER be matched against pugs, its completely a faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRage View Post
    perhaps you misunderstood me, I don't queue premade, im on the solo queue 99% of the time. I mean give each of these types their own queue. pm vs pug is utter bs.

Yes, a very little percentage of my time in pvp is spent in a "premade"(1-2%) though it is a guild fun run whilst we're drinking on ts or something, it is not organized, it is not an "indirect gear exploit"(yes this is literally what a 5man raiding premade does).

I really couldn't care less if a premade took 5 hours to find a pvp match, fact is, they should NEVER be matched against pugs, its completely a faceroll.
    No, I think you didn't understand Hectyr. A large portion of the playerbase is there solely for wins/marks, meaning it doesn't matter whether they enjoy the match or have a close match. People who are there just for the wins want one sided matches because when they get on those teams, it's an easy win for them. And premades are limited to 5, meaning up to 10 others are pugs. Sure it sucks when you get facerolled, but that also means the match is over sooner and you can get back into another group for a chance at a quick win. One sided matches means faster matches, which increases the number of winning matches you can potentially get in a set amount of time. For people who solo queue and enjoy pvp, it sucks, but those who pvp for the fun isn't Trion's larger source of income. Sure, while you're in the middle of getting wrecked in a warfront by a premade, the first thing that comes to your mind is how unfair it is that a premade is in the same match as a group of pugs, but when you're a pug on that premade, are you really thinking about how unfair it is that you're obliterating the opponent? I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    The player-sponsored pvp tournaments have disappeared. Autumn of 2014 had the last tournament that was advertised to effect, and only attracted the attention of 10 teams. This was before 3.0, and the pvp playerbase seems to have thinned even further since then.

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/653118612

Live stream last night stated that a dev endorsed / player driven PvP tournament is highly desired.

Champion of Telara

I'd love to see a Trion sponsored pvp tournament, perhaps 5's, 3's and solo's, with a prize for top 3 in each. If anything it would show some support for pvp, and drive some excitement in the pvp playbase....I mean...'Rift players who pvp'
    Maybe hold it every 6 months to a year, Grant a special title to the winners that gets taken away by the next tournament, and some big prizes.
    I wouldn't fair well myself, but it would be fun to watch top players in action against each other. Well, it would be fun to watch them make potato salad out of me also...lol
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    this has been tried out a bit. the try ended with long quee times and win trades. guess its human nature to abuse everything possible.
    but,its really unfair to put ungergeared players with orange ones. wherever i see a player under 70k i go nom nom if on oposite team or /cry if on mine.
    sometimes they make me smile tho, like a lad's response when i asked him why doesnt he have essences equiped in his greater slots - response was - im waiting for them to drop from pvp.

maybe a better aproach would be if a certain requirement level is set, just like joining the Nte.
    that would increase quee time a bit, but would separate green potatoes from orange potatoes a lot.
    Agreed that it would create long queue times. The easiest and most effective solution IMO is to just further implement downbolster so that there is less of a gear disparity.

Quote Originally Posted by Debilitato View Post

Live stream last night stated that a dev endorsed / player driven PvP tournament is highly desired.
    maybe if they offered BiS raid gear for participation...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I like how the word premade never even seemed to exist until MMO's came out. Why did the FPS generation go like a decade without using that word? Yet it has become commonly terminology in MMO's to the point that there's even an artifact called "premade".

Sort of sad. You think MMO's are the first games where good players rallied up with each other? Fight fire with fire or get out of the heated kitchen.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-25-2015 at 01:51 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Debilitato View Post

That's never going to happen because exclusive-PvPers will shun it, since they have no way to make up the gear gap between themselves and high-end raiders. This used to be possible to do back during mid-late SL because everyone capped out at Myrmidon, and there wasn't a massive gap between epic and relic Myrmidon. Cori and Trinity teams would probably dominate any competition, because even if someone could field a team of equivalent skill, we'll have a major gear advantage.

Maybe in another 6 months, if they don't raise the bolster ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    maybe if they offered BiS raid gear for participation...
    I'm sure the sold announcer will be good, but will the free ones ever be beaten?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwxjYFqP35A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p1vVjIgUzk (HUMILIATION)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iYayFAtbAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhJXIliuSQE

And some oldschool footage to end this nostalgia.

Whoooooooaaaaaa....BOOMSHAKALAKA

Ps for the youngins: Half the WF accolades are paying homage to these
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-25-2015 at 02:04 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shield of Telara

Players can't gamewide broadcast, and many if not most don't go to the forums. Two lines of text from a dev and we would have turn out.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

we came across a small problem when forming our CQ premade today: only one leader online, and too many players wanting to join. I mean, we could have filled two or three raids with the players who wanted to join the premade, but we simply didn't have enough leaders online for them.

I suggest we increase the raid size from twenty to fifty or sixty, or even make it open ended, fill in as many players as you want.
    this would easily alleviate this problem and give everyone a chance to join the premade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    we came across a small problem when forming our CQ premade today: only one leader online, and too many players wanting to join. I mean, we could have filled two or three raids with the players who wanted to join the premade, but we simply didn't have enough leaders online for them.

I suggest we increase the raid size from twenty to fifty or sixty, or even make it open ended, fill in as many players as you want.
    this would easily alleviate this problem and give everyone a chance to join the premade.
    Not sure if you are serious, but I have heard folks make this point, so let me voice my strong concern. Having a single premade in CQ vs. PUGS pretty much guarantees that side will win - especially in Steppes. But if that PM is 60 or 80, or more, well, what's the point really?

Doesn't it seem the better answer is more leaders instead of a larger massive PM that is going to steamroll?

+ Reply to Thread