+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Merc'ing at 65 -- Why?

Soulwalker

Default Merc'ing at 65 -- Why?

I am surprised that this hasn't come up, so I'll be happy to start it!

I get really upset by "Mercenary" in Warfronts. While in leveling up I could see its purpose and being useful, I was surprised to find this mechanism in place at 65. So, when I put in (Seastone) general chat, I don't get many opposed to me... then it's time to post it here and get something done! Here's why:

#1. I don't like Defiants, I don't get along with them - someone always posts something rude, and they're less organized.

#2. It's a near-instant queue. Surprisingly quick queue for 65lv warfront.
    #3 goes with it - you can join in mid-round in a warfront.

#4 Finally, I play on a PVP server. Meaning there will be more likely to be those that I relate to in the world of PVP and, what if I talk about it then I get targeted by someone on my own faction in a future round ?? My character likes to know who her friends are.

So, rather than huck people onto either team, the algorithm is simple - like pick-up games at the park: if someone wants to join, they gotta have someone with them to play on the other team. very minor, but would make a huge difference.

Love, Turq.

It's just "red vs blue" in warfronts. There is no actual faction dependency/favoritism when you queue. You end up on whatever side you start on regardless of your character's faction.

It's not ever going to change, so you'll have to get over your weird RP pettiness.

=>> http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...seriously.html

That's how old this change is.
    Last edited by Riane; 04-24-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turquois View Post

#1. I don't like Defiants, I don't get along with them - someone always posts something rude, and they're less organized.
    Then write a book, don't ruin video games. This is so illogical my head hurts and I am at loss of words. Can people like this really be my neighbor?
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-24-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Why is this still a question? I am always shocked when people, to this day, complain about being merc'ed.

I get the desire for the ingame competition. I was originally a Seastoner since Rift beta. I liked talking crap about the other side, too. That's gone. Shard hopping, red vs. blue, cross faction guilds....it's relative, man.

Maybe go RP some Guardian vs. Defiant ire over on Faeblight? I dunno. Warfronts, for me, are comparable to a pick up game of basketball nowadays. Sometimes the team is good. Sometimes not so much.

Trion could fix it!!!!!

You can say its not Guardian versus Defiant and its just Red versus Blue, but it says Guardian and Defiant.

Why pick on the role players? Pick on Trion. All they have to do is change some wording and everything is fixed. Change "You are playing for Defiant" to "You are playing for Red." and now we can all be happy.

when you are on the red team, half of those "rude" players are actually guardians.

when you are on the blue team, half of those helpful and friendly players are actually defiants.

all teams, in all warfronts, are mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsalot View Post
    Trion could fix it!!!!!

You can say its not Guardian versus Defiant and its just Red versus Blue, but it says Guardian and Defiant.

Why pick on the role players? Pick on Trion. All they have to do is change some wording and everything is fixed. Change "You are playing for Defiant" to "You are playing for Red." and now we can all be happy.
    Getting wrapped around the axle over semantics much? While I agree it seems like something that would have been "fixed" by now - the labeling, not that it's mixed faction - the fact remains it's just words on a screen that make no difference as to why someone lost or won a match.
    Dreambreaker Zithsic - P100 Warrior
    Officer in Grievance

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsalot View Post

I wasn't picking on RP'ers when suggesting that he go to an RP server to play out his ire towards the Defiant faction. It was a legitimately intended suggestion.

Rift Disciple

One thing I like about Rift PvP are fast queue times for the random WF. If mixing the sides helps accomplish this, then I am all for it.
    Last edited by tdain; 04-24-2015 at 06:37 PM.

even if they reverted this changed you have 39 more rusty nails to pull out of that coffin called pvp.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Mercing is kind of a non sequitur at this point, faction lost any meaning several years back, PvP was virtually destroyed along the same time.

As I have said in the past, this game is a great PvE game, but PvP is never going to be a priority, ever.
    Elimination aka Gramps, formerly of MMAC, Squabs Squad, Mobile Death Squad,FoTM,Temporal Insurgence, Beep Beep Imma Jeep and Philanthropy

Angry

#4 Finally, I play on a PVP server. Meaning there will be more likely to be those that I relate to in the world of PVP and, what if I talk about it then I get targeted by someone on my own faction in a future round ?? My character likes to know who her friends are
    Is there even actual open world pvp going on anymore? (Other than griefing lower level players and whatnot.)

The times I've wandered around Seastone waiting/hoping to get attacked I've barely seen another player, let alone been ganked by one. I've also not seen any open world pvp battles going on like their were a year ago and even those could be pretty few and far between. Seems like since they got rid of Valor and Veng it's gotten even rarer.

As for WFs, like others have said, it's been red vs blue for a LONG time and it would be nice if they'd change the text so we wouldn't have to see people complaining about being merc'd. There's jerks on every team and whatever faction they're from doesn't really matter. Maybe you'd be able to more accurately give a blanket statement like you've done if accounts were restricted to one faction only but they aren't. I personally have 2 defiants and 2 guardians on one server...

If they're going to make a change to populating warfronts, I'd rather see them try to put guildies onto the same sides in warfronts. Sometimes it can be annoying having to fight against one's own guild members. Or maybe rework the elo system or get rid of the wf with the mazes altogether. That would be nice!

Prophet of Telara

Many don't realize how bad players are in this game. People still complain about mercenary system daily and not only that but they don't know how to really keep score and think they actually win games that they loss. It is funny how terrible things have gotten once they introduced the new currency.

Rift Disciple

Instant queue my ***. Shoulda been playing 2 years ago then it really was instant.
    I can make a cup of tea between rounds now or take a dump.

It's waaaay better than it was at one point pre-SL you could be waiting for a WF pop for 30mins...and after 9-10pm pst good luck even getting into a WF at all, would almost never pop up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast