+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: a few (constructive) suggestions for gear obtainable via pvp

Default a few (constructive) suggestions for gear obtainable via pvp

1st. Random Number Generator in Marauder boxes

stop with it please. placing gear in shop with coresponding price in abusal/favour is the wish of whole PvP community i believe. mara chests should have fixed amount of abysall marks+ some plat as rewards instead. (50-100 marks i guess) . that would get us less afk people aswell.
    same goes for acessories. and essences. request a certain rank if needed for purchasing certain items, we have nothing against it.

2nd. Upgrade path for dreambreaking weapons

- to be at parse with T1 weapons damage/stats with adequate ammount of abussal/favour generators . If someone wants to use that type of weapon (gods forbid) in PvE raids - prevent it by restricting the Hit on the PvP item.

any additional thoughts are welcome.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post

stop with it please. placing gear in shop with coresponding price in abusal/favour is the wish of whole PvP community i believe. mara chests should have fixed amount of abysall marks+ some plat as rewards instead. (50-100 marks i guess) . that would get us less afk people aswell.
    same goes for acessories. and essences. request a certain rank if needed for purchasing certain items, we have nothing against it.

- to be at parse with T1 weapons damage/stats with adequate ammount of abussal/favour generators . If someone wants to use that type of weapon (gods forbid) in PvE raids - prevent it by restricting the Hit on the PvP item.

I am OK with the idea of being able to purchase PvP gear through marks/favor, but be careful when speaking for the whole PvP community as it's easy to think folks all share your same opinion. Based on previous forum comments, the idea is actually quite controversial and some folks have voiced extreme concern about that path.

I believe having marks drop from chests, especially 50-100 each, would only increase the AFK problem in WF's however, so I don't favor this approach at all.

And regarding the upgrade path for PvP weapons, I would be happy to either see another upgrade path, or just a better implemented down bolster system to ensure that the top tier PvP items were a bit closer to the top stat cap.
    Last edited by tdain; 04-21-2015 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdain View Post

I believe having marks drop from chests, especially 50-100 each, would only increase the AFK problem in WF's however, so I don't favor this approach at all.

I definitely agree with this point. We already get marks from wins, or at least for the 7-10 random queues we can store up.

I personally, and probably, almost alone on the boards, like the RNG.

The only problem with the RNG is I'm rolling for, even at it's best, is crap gear. It's currently, eh, okay for pvp, at least until they adjust bolstering up again... if they do.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-21-2015 at 06:06 AM.

for the whole comunity part - thought people liked system before 3.0 in which you could purchase freelancer items and upgrade them as u like. the RNG just irritates way to much to be a content teaser/prolonger.

im definitely agains all types of AFKing/slacking in WFs , so if mark drops from chest cause that - forget it. platinum + chance for a artifact is good enough for me.

for the gear part - its so insane for me that damage difference between best obtainable from PvP and the drop from T1 (which isnt downbolstered) is 10% . (660 dps vs 740 dps on onehanded weaps for example)

it should be same.

Telaran

for the whole comunity part - thought people liked system before 3.0 in which you could purchase freelancer items and upgrade them as u like. the RNG just irritates way to much to be a content teaser/prolonger.

im definitely agains all types of AFKing/slacking in WFs , so if mark drops from chest cause that - forget it. platinum + chance for a artifact is good enough for me.

for the gear part - its so insane for me that damage difference between best obtainable from PvP and the drop from T1 (which isnt downbolstered) is 10% . (660 dps vs 740 dps on onehanded weaps for example)

it should be same.
    That weapon takes obscenely longer to get than any pvp item. Less than 1% of the population even has a chance of getting it as a drop one time per week.
    RoF 4/4, MS 4/5, TF 1/3, HK 2/11

I like to play Rift when Trion let's me.

I'm not sure if I can entirely agree with this.

However, it defiantly needs to be ALOT less random.
    At the very least, allow sidegrades of all gear from sp/ap to sc/pc to cp

Then you really only need to get the item you want, and if you're unlucky you can spend some currency to give it the correct stats.

Quote Originally Posted by MYoun View Post
    That weapon takes obscenely longer to get than any pvp item. Less than 1% of the population even has a chance of getting it as a drop one time per week.
    My social circle must be better at the game than everyone else.

I mean if we're going to look at people getting pvp gear, lets compare it to people that at least farm t1 raids. Seems generous, t1 isn't even end game anymore.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-21-2015 at 07:25 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    I personally, and probably, almost alone on the boards, like the RNG.

The only problem with the RNG is I'm rolling for, even at it's best, is crap gear. It's currently, eh, okay for pvp, at least until they adjust bolstering up again... if they do.
    I actually like the RNG as well. The anticipation that I might finally get that one piece of gear I need (amulet) is kinda cool. I totally appreciate that others might find this really frustrating so don't mind if pieces are available from the store, but would suggest that the prices be rather high so it's just used as a gap filler and not primary gearing method.

And regarding the crate gear being crap, I have somewhat changed my opinion on this. I agree that it's folly for PvP not to provide a viable pathway to the best gear for instanced PvP, but as it's only a 5-10% difference, I am not gonna stress about this anymore.

Telaran

My social circle must be better at the game than everyone else.

I mean if we're going to look at people getting pvp gear, lets compare it to people that at least farm t1 raids. Seems generous, t1 isn't even end game anymore.
    Compare the data on threngar kills vs people opening marauders boxes, on a weekly basis. There's no cap on boxes you can obtain. Adding a comparable weapon to pvp rewards would trivialize the relic weapons and guilds progressing on the content.

Compare the data on threngar kills vs people opening marauders boxes, on a weekly basis. There's no cap on boxes you can obtain. Adding a comparable weapon to pvp rewards would trivialize the relic weapons and guilds progressing on the content.
    Well... so? It's old content. I can even buy t1 gear on the store now that is better than my own.

Apparently raiders have more fragments of horror than they know what to do with. That must be nice. Wish I had that problem.
    What would happen if their gear required absurd marks of favor too, that would awesome. You know since all my gear requires pve tokens too. But thats a different matter.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-21-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Telaran

Well... so? It's old content. I can even buy t1 gear on the store now that is better than my own.

Apparently raiders have more fragments of horror than they know what to do with. That must be nice. Wish I had that problem.
    What would happen if their gear required absurd marks of favor too, that would awesome. You know since all my gear requires pve tokens too. But thats a different matter.
    I mean, I earn about 10k favor per win with boosts, so it would have no effect on me. PVP rewards are easier to obtain, that's my only point. Unless they had a relic weapon on the store for 10,000 favor accelerators(or equivalent level of grind) it would trivialize the other gear.
    Last edited by MYoun; 04-21-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Rift Disciple

I mean, I earn about 10k favor per win with boosts, so it would have no effect on me. PVP rewards are easier to obtain, that's my only point. Unless they had a relic weapon on the store for 10,000 favor accelerators(or equivalent level of grind) it would trivialize the other gear.
    I agree that the PvE weapons should remain BIS for PvE, but it's rather silly that the PvP weapons cannot be BIS for PvP. This is solved by simply downbolstering the PvE weapons to ensure they don't exceed the stat budget of the best PvP gear. Win-Win. The PvE community doesn't need to be concerned about their raid gear becoming trivialized and the PvP community has a path to obtain BIS gear within instanced PvP. Trion just needs to further implement their downbolster system and we are there.

/sigh

Why is it so hard for people to understand?

The reward from PvP are already the second highest rewards in the game after Raiding.
    Raid > Warfronts > Experts > Crafting >*World Content

You can get your highest non down-bolstered weapon by doing PvP exclusively since 3.2.
    Really, there is no reason to complain.

If you don't want to spend the same amount of time as other players doing more than just PvP content, you have no right to having more gear or getting gear faster than those other players who worked much harder than you to get that said gear.
    Last edited by Snap; 04-21-2015 at 08:55 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    /sigh

If you don't want to spend the same amount of time as other players doing more than just PvP content, you have no right to having more gear or getting gear faster than those other players who worked much harder than you to get that said gear.
    Huh? How do you know any any bump to pvp gear/weapons would be less of a grind than the pver's? RNg is so hhhaaarrddd and such a painful experience, there is obviously some equal measure out there.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-21-2015 at 09:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast