+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3 lopsided losses today in a row... Matchmaking is horrible this week. FIX IT

Shadowlander

Default 3 lopsided losses today in a row... Matchmaking is horrible this week. FIX IT

I'm always in the top 5 damage but apparently this week, has been the worst week in PVP I've ever seen.

Fix the matchmaking pls. I can't stand to lose this badly 3 times in a row. I would rather have closer matches where both teams are putting in the effort but I seem to be 1 of 5 people putting in ANY EFFORT.

I just logged out because that's not fun at all. I see a lot of people getting burnt out on this game. I really don't want to start feeling that way.
    Last edited by Fireblaze; 04-17-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblaze View Post
    I'm always in the top 5 damage but apparently this week, has been the worst week in PVP I've ever seen.

Fix the matchmaking pls. I can't stand to lose this badly 3 times in a row. I just logged out because that's not fun at all. I would rather have closer matches where both teams are putting in the effort but I seem to be 1 of 5 people putting in ANY EFFORT.
    How many matches have you tried? We've all had bad strings of losses and I wouldn't count 3 bad losses in a row as anything unusual. It happens...

Shadowlander

I got about over 11,000 kills or so. I've played a lot of matches. I just want 3v3 arena I guess. Tired of dancing around in Warfronts sometimes. Need a different pvp outlet. Just wish Rift considered 3v3 arena. I don't want 2v2 or 5v5. 3v3 is the most balanced imo.

Thought I could see Beastmaster sleeping someone 24/7 (because that ability is broken atm) and having a mage polymorph the other person who can cleanse. Then just kill off 1 of em in 3v3. lol heh.

Honestly three is not bad. Matchmaking is better then it was. I recall 10, 15 or more lopsided losses in a row.

How discouraging is that ? Nothing you could do either would alter the outcome.

Perhaps, there are not enough players, but what really is needed is too separate queues. One for solo and one for PM's.

Hey, it was way worse when it relied on which defiants and which gaurdians were logged on at the time, as you were restricted to only the faction of your cluster.

http://i.imgur.com/luyat6T.jpg

I had a frustrating time tallying my progress on a weekly.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I'm always in the top 5 damage

Fix the matchmaking pls..
    no matchmaking in the world will fix it if you cant stand losing a few times, 1vs1 3vs3 or 100vs100.....

And being in the top 5 dps wise in the end means exactly nothing, everyone can do it if he hits a few buttons in the few minutes. Whats your ELO, Class, do you switch specs if needed, are you full buffed, etc. thats whats matter..
    Last edited by R3db4ss; 04-17-2015 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Hey, it was way worse when it relied on which defiants and which gaurdians were logged on at the time, as you were restricted to only the faction of your cluster.

I remember that well. There were times where it felt like the Defiants couldn't lose, and other times where we would go 15 matches between wins. I personally never see win/losing streaks even close to that anymore.
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

That picture is Epic. Although during prime hours on keenblade it seemed to average out.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

I got about over 11,000 kills or so. I've played a lot of matches. I just want 3v3 arena I guess. Tired of dancing around in Warfronts sometimes. Need a different pvp outlet. Just wish Rift considered 3v3 arena. I don't want 2v2 or 5v5. 3v3 is the most balanced imo.

Thought I could see Beastmaster sleeping someone 24/7 (because that ability is broken atm) and having a mage polymorph the other person who can cleanse. Then just kill off 1 of em in 3v3. lol heh.
    I tend to agree with the other posters here... I think your expectations are a bit out of whack. Also, Trion has directly said there are no plans for arena.

git gud op

which map gives points for damage? must be one I'm not familiar with.
    you'd probably contribute more towards winning if you clicked a flag/picked up a stone/vessel/fang.

Rift pvp isn't derp arena, you actually have to have to be good at pvp instead of just rolling your face across a keyboard.

You can have my ~4600 Elo and go queue with some friends. Then realize the matchmaking system expect your 5 people to literally ****ing carry everyone so they give you some potato *** premade in your black garden against people that are slightly less potato (like Liandel) but still potato nonetheless and had 4 heals to carry their potato healer (some derpy Cleric) so it's more like a 10v5 WF. So you lose because the other PM on our team has a healer doing 4x less healing than me as Defiler, and their 4 DPS don't bother to attempt to pick up the fang or hit people trying to pick up the fang.

Oh, and that loss took away 0 Elo (or was it 1? I can't remember, I lost a lot last night between 4 diff chars) and gave Pompeezy 20 Elo. Wooooooooo!
    Last edited by Riane; 04-18-2015 at 08:28 AM.

Plane Walker

Thurs/Friday i had 2 10 loss streaks while being the highest ST healer in pretty much every single one of them. Very frustrating.

Plane Walker

Nothing is wrong with the PvP match making because we got new wardrobes!!!

Gotta admit merc system is one reason I love Rift's pvp.

2 faction thing can be annoying in other mmos, like swotr or wow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast