+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kronos v
  • 1 Post By SprawlnBrawl
  • 1 Post By phayse

Thread: Has any Rogue tried maximizing survival gear in PvP?

Rift Disciple

Default Has any Rogue tried maximizing survival gear in PvP?

I've been playing PvP/Rogue/Ranger for so long and so consistently, that everyone seems to know me and target me for first kill. I can enter battles surrounded by teammates and guys come out of nowhere and attack me en masse. I can try to stay at range, and they'll cut through the crowd to get to me. I thought it might me interesting to load up on all the survival stats I can ... block, dodge, etc. Before I go crazy, what would the end result be? Would I render my DPS useless? Would I still die when ganked?

I've tried it on a warrior.
    pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by phayse View Post
    I've been playing PvP/Rogue/Ranger for so long and so consistently, that everyone seems to know me and target me for first kill. I can enter battles surrounded by teammates and guys come out of nowhere and attack me en masse. I can try to stay at range, and they'll cut through the crowd to get to me. I thought it might me interesting to load up on all the survival stats I can ... block, dodge, etc. Before I go crazy, what would the end result be? Would I render my DPS useless? Would I still die when ganked?
    Moat likely they see a noob still playing ranger so they kill your pet then you for easy kill

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Moat likely they see a noob still playing ranger so they kill your pet then you for easy kill
    I'm glad I gave you a rare chance to act superior

I'm glad I gave you a rare chance to act superior
    i'm just being honest. Ranger is surpassed in every single way by MM in both PvE and PvP currently. There is literally zero reason to play ranger unless you are trying to get 1v1 videos away from the action, even then you would be better off playing sin or NB.

If i'm playing MM ill purposefully kill ranger pets for BT procs a couple times so i know their insta-recall is down then kill the ranger.

play MM, use your CDs properly, stay at max range, i just increased your survivability 10 fold over ranger. MM is nearly impossible to catch if all your CDs are up. root, jump back, sprint,debil mount gg. why you continue to play one spec in maps where other specs are much more beneficial is beyond me.
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 04-17-2015 at 05:45 AM.

If you are going to go ranged, play MM. The ranger pet puts a big bulls eye on you and the spec just isn't as good as MM. Whatever you do, don't "tank up" a DPS spec. It makes you so average that you really don't help your team that much.

Go glass cannon for a while, it will make you learn positioning, movement and how to avoid bad situations. You will die a little more but its a video game. Learn from those mistakes and it will make you better overall.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

i'm just being honest. Ranger is surpassed in every single way by MM in both PvE and PvP currently. There is literally zero reason to play ranger unless you are trying to get 1v1 videos away from the action, even then you would be better off playing sin or NB.
    Or maybe you just feel that Jurassic Park hype when you bust the raptor out.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

There is literally zero reason to play ranger
    Fun?

Really, stop it with your elitism, it's getting old now.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

If i'm playing MM ill purposefully kill ranger pets for BT procs a couple times so i know their insta-recall is down then kill the ranger.
    Why wouldn't you just kill the ranger? If you're using a "superior" spec, then the tiny bit of healing that the pet does could just be ignored. Most ranger specs have no self healing besides the pet buff.

And to answer the OP's question, people tend to see Ranger as inferior and will target you with the assumption that you are inferior. Being focused sucks, so in my opinion, you could deal with that or you can learn another spec. Really up to you though. I still know plenty of people who enjoy playing Ranger. Play what you want and ignore people who tell you otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Why wouldn't you just kill the ranger? If you're using a "superior" spec, then the tiny bit of healing that the pet does could just be ignored. Most ranger specs have no self healing besides the pet buff.

And to answer the OP's question, people tend to see Ranger as inferior and will target you with the assumption that you are inferior. Being focused sucks, so in my opinion, you could deal with that or you can learn another spec. Really up to you though. I still know plenty of people who enjoy playing Ranger. Play what you want and ignore people who tell you otherwise.
    Because I like for them to try using diffuse with no pet or watching them hard cast pet summon. Also a lot of their damage is tied to the pet
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 04-17-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Fun?

Really, stop it with your elitism, it's getting old now.
    What is fun about your pet always being dead and doing less dps than a similar spec with less utility. The specs play virtually the same. He's obviously not having fun
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 04-17-2015 at 12:28 PM.

What is fun about your pet always being dead and doing less dps than a similar spec with less utility. The specs play virtually the same. He's obviously not having fun
    Because you don't find it fun, doesn't mean some people can't enjoy it.

You can't tell me not to enjoy playing Necromancer because it sucks in PvP.
    Last edited by Snap; 04-17-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Uhh, obviously you have better odds with a 2 v 1 than a 1 v 1. Hence always use a pet class.

edit: let me extend this to 2 v anything. Double the pleasure, double the fun. Marksmen does not.

edit2: On a serious note. I always tried to seek out less common ways of engaging efficiently. I tried the "massive defense for the win" technique, and no matter how I twisted it, it just never prevailed as good as glass cannons in WF's. To which I resigned to just having a single 61rs spec. Holds objectives and runs them like a champ. But even then I rarely used it.

Used it in port scion to mostly get a win and end the dumb map. Used it in bonus BG because they forgot to nerf ports (lols) when you are carrying objectives, thus it's like Whitefall CTF again. Also used it in aoe spam heavy/heal fest BG's where picking up the fang is a rarity, so I'd go RS and keep my AoE spam proc running because it interrupted anyone on the other team - up to 8 at a time - trying to pick up the fang. And in a heal heavy game, a 61rs is stupidly hard to kill, possibly impossible if they are using some abilities right (sup memory recapture). Oh, and if you hustle, you can snatch the other teams vessel in library before they can even hit you or target you. And if your team does their job, it should ensure a 3:1 vessel pickup beginning.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-17-2015 at 01:48 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Because you don't find it fun, doesn't mean some people doesn't enjoy it.

You can't tell me not to enjoy playing Necromancer because it sucks in PvP.
    It's not my opinion it's a question, how is a pet class fun if your pet is always dead. Other than the pet there's not much difference. In ranger you have to monitor ace shot, head shot and shadow fire and try to fit finishers into a cd block. Mm you monitor CS, barbed and LF and fit stuff in be block. There's virtually no difference . Say necro was a copy of pyro but with a pet but it did less damage had less utility, poor cc and poor mobility, what would make it more fun?

And like I said he's obviously not having fun he made a thread about dYing too much
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 04-17-2015 at 01:55 PM.

It's not my opinion it's a question, how is a pet class fun if your pet is always dead. Other than the pet there's not much difference. In ranger you have to monitor ace shot, head shot and shadow fire and try to fit finishers into a cd block. Mm you monitor CS, barbed and LF and fit stuff in be block. There's virtually no difference . Say necro was a copy of pyro but with a pet but it did less damage had less utility, poor cc and poor mobility, what would make it more fun?
    Because I like having pets?

If it's not your opinion, than why do you keep on repeating all the time that Ranger isn't fun and people playing it are dumb.

Marksman and Ranger are different.
    Marksman is like a roller coaster. At times you move fast, other time you move slow. DPS fluctuate depending on where you are in your rotation and CDs. Sometimes you cast and channel, other time you are fully instants.
    Ranger on the other hand is one of the most steady spec there is.
    No change in movement, DPS is constant, always the same amount of combo points needed, same rotation and only change during Animalism.

The pet isn't the only difference.
    They both have their own style of gameplay.

And like I said he's obviously not having fun he made a thread about dYing too much
    This is exactly why I say you act like an elitist. You can't see further than the end of your nose.
    There is no mention of him having no fun in his post.
    You instantly assumed he didn't have fun playing Ranger because of your biased opinion about everything.
    Last edited by Snap; 04-17-2015 at 02:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread