Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ianto Jones
  • 1 Post By Kronos v
  • 1 Post By Ianto Jones

Thread: Suggesting a use for Port Scion

Soulwalker

Default Suggesting a use for Port Scion

Why not make an open world pvp place?

You wander in, and start the killing! there could be a mechanic allowing certain parts of the port (or the whole thing) to be controlled by a specific faction, with the holding faction receiving considerable bonuses.
    I think it would bring a lot of life back to the continent of Mathosia, plus it goes with the lore!, and it is seamless! Which means it will be very engaging!

I see only two reasons on why we still do not have this:

1: Trion is trying to do the whole "Defiants and Guardians must work together to defeat evil" thing.

2: They are already working on it, and they are trying different ways of implementation to insure the most variety, fun, and immersiveness.

I do hope you awesome developers consider this, and go with the second one :3
    Though you are awesome no matter what ;)

Thanks for your attention!

Suggesting a use for Port Scion-summerchild.jpg

Just so you know, Trion has disavowed open world PvP. New PvP content is sort of a bi-yearly thing. But, welcome to the PvP forums. I look forward to watching that light fade from your eyes as you descend into disillusioned cynicism, like everybody else around here.

Shard hop to Seastone and let the killing begin.

Except there's nobody there.

before any attempt at resurrecting open world pvp, you should first identify and remove from the game that which killed it.

that would be the rogues.

Plane Walker

Stealth has been a "thorn in the side" of PvP since the start. From Ultima Online, to WoW, to Rift, to ESO, and beyond. The issue in rift isn't so much, but the limited ways to make someone reviled.

If rift would add a few more options to revile the stealther it would make pvp more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    Stealth has been a "thorn in the side" of PvP since the start. From Ultima Online, to WoW, to Rift, to ESO, and beyond. The issue in rift isn't so much, but the limited ways to make someone reviled.

If rift would add a few more options to revile the stealther it would make pvp more interesting.
    I think you mean "reveal"

but I'm fine with reviling the rogues too

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    before any attempt at resurrecting open world pvp, you should first identify and remove from the game that which killed it.

that would be the rogues.
    Nothing to do with us, we didn't make free server transfers for the chickenhawks to beat feet when the going got tough. We didn't make cross faction guilding either, probably the death blow for open world. We didn't remove pvp rifts and we certainly didn't come up with those horrendous open world pvp quests, admittedly we did benefit from this one. It put all the scrubs in one place for easy ganking on my Sin. But outside of that, totally not us.

<3
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I think you mean "reveal"

but I'm fine with reviling the rogues too
    haahaha Doh phone auto correct FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Attachment 23167

Just so you know, Trion has disavowed open world PvP. New PvP content is sort of a bi-yearly thing. But, welcome to the PvP forums. I look forward to watching that light fade from your eyes as you descend into disillusioned cynicism, like everybody else around here.
    Btw, most accurate post of the month right here Mr. OP. To be fair though, we are so hosed up now I think it can only get better. I don't see them doing anything else to drive us out, I think they know they took it too far with all the pve advantage changes.
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Look developers, the bottom line is, the ruleset mod you employ in Port Scion is absolute garbage. Deal with it if you want a quality product in any regard whatsoever.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Btw, most accurate post of the month right here Mr. OP. To be fair though, we are so hosed up now I think it can only get better. I don't see them doing anything else to drive us out, I think they know they took it too far with all the pve advantage changes.
    I think this more accurately reflects the reality:

Suggesting a use for Port Scion-35521.jpg

I've yet to see them acknowledge in any way that they went in the wrong direction. Everyone said "it can only go up from here" with Stillmoor CQ; then they released SOI. Everyone said "PvP queues couldn't possibly be worse" under the old rank-based system; then they implemented their bastardised version of Elo. I personally didn't think they could make a worse map than KR:D, but then they released Blighted Recallchamber... and then they stopped letting you recall from Recallchamber.

Let's call a spade a spade. This company has failed at every turn to improve the PvP experience. It's not surprising that they've pulled back on it over the years to shift the focus to what they're good at. I mean, the new wardrobe system is ****ing awesome (no seriously, I love it). Frankly I'd be glad if they just eliminated PvP development altogether if they'd reallocate those resources to making the soul system great again. The sandbox elements are this game's greatest strengths, both currently and historically.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 04-17-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I think this more accurately reflects the reality:

Attachment 23173

I've yet to see them acknowledge in any way that they went in the wrong direction. Everyone said "it can only go up from here" with Stillmoor CQ; then they released SOI. Everyone said "PvP queues couldn't possibly be worse" under the old rank-based system; then they implemented their bastardised version of Elo. I personally didn't think they could make a worse map than KR, but then they released Blighted Recallchamber... and then they stopped letting you recall from Recallchamber.

Let's call a spade a spade. This company has failed at every turn to improve the PvP experience. It's not surprising that they've pulled back on it over the years to shift the focus to what they're good at. I mean, the new wardrobe system is ****ing awesome (no seriously, I love it). Frankly I'd be glad if they just eliminated PvP development altogether if they'd reallocate those resources to making the soul system great again. The sandbox elements are this game's greatest strengths, both currently and historically.
    You almost made me drop my damn phone, saw that picture and started rolling. Perfectly sums it all up.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread