+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Kimatsu

Thread: RNGesus and me

Default RNGesus and me

So I am close to completing my PvP gear set for my character, except the items I need will not drop. I was in PvP yesterday and I went 6 times not getting anything from the marauder boxes. This RNG is getting frustrating, just put in a system where you can trade or redeem gear because it's getting rediculous. This system is flawed because of this random RNG, in which I might never get the gear I need. At the very least make so that if you already have a piece of gear, let it give a different gear instead of the same one.
    Last edited by Mukoswave; 04-15-2015 at 05:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

Soulwalker

This is why I have not logged in for over a week. Since nt launch I have not had a cape drop from any box and only had one tank trinket drop. Until trion makes changes to current system I will not login. Before nt launch I was a patron that spent about 20$ a week on cash shop stuff since nt cancelled sub and spent zero on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ohcrapitshimagain View Post
    This is why I have not logged in for over a week. Since nt launch I have not had a cape drop from any box and only had one tank trinket drop. Until trion makes changes to current system I will not login. Before nt launch I was a patron that spent about 20$ a week on cash shop stuff since nt cancelled sub and spent zero on this game.

Dude, the best in slot cape is / was crafted. Not sure if 3.2 is changing this but it was the same for PVE, no dungeons or raids dropped capes.

All of the lessers I have gotten from maruders boxes had a upgrade path but would not allow me to upgrade them. I have seen no greaters, trinkets or ear rings.

Will maruder chests be getting buffed for 3.2 ? They really need to be or the gear disparity will snowball out of control very quickly.
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mukoswave View Post
    So I am close to completing my PvP gear set for my character, except the items I need will not drop. I was in PvP yesterday and I went 6 times not getting anything from the marauder boxes. This RNG is getting frustrating, just put in a system where you can trade or redeem gear because it's getting rediculous. This system is flawed because of this random RNG, in which I might never get the gear I need. At the very least make so that if you already have a piece of gear, let it give a different gear instead of the same one.
    I understand your RNG frustration, but I am not sure I would change anything. Trion wants folks to log on. We are on the gear progression habitrail... They have gated gear progression behind weekly currency limitations and the RNG of boxes. If the system were to allow us to buy pieces or at least not reward items we already have, we would very quickly get all the gear from the caches and it would be one less incentive to log on. I have plenty of capes, but I really need an amulet. I keep playing, focusing on the wins and getting caches hoping for an amulet. If I could use marks to purchase my missing slots, I would quickly gear up and have less incentive to play. Perhaps having select pieces at a high cost would work as gap filler for gear, but folks would quickly complain about the cost being too high...

For many slots, there is the alternative of raid gear purchased with marks, so at least we have that option... Again, I don't mean to dismiss your frustration, and perhaps Trion's plan is backfiring, but Trion wants folks to log on and I am not sure your suggestion is in line with their model.

Hundreds of pieces of gear broken.

Not a single trinket.

I've had a Primary heavy/endurance heavy sp/sc/cp item for every slot except:
    -trinket
    -main hand
    -off hand
    -two hand.

imo, those are the only things with truly too low of a drop rate.
    Last edited by Zehne; 04-15-2015 at 08:38 AM.

In Eq2 it was damn near a myth to ever have a player obtain all the loot they want within the expansion era. I mean - out of the entire playerbase - maybe 1 - 5 top end players got *almost* everything they wanted per expansion. I raided in two top end guilds clearing first, and still ended an expansion missing 2 items I wanted.

People in this game complain if they don't get all their loot in under 6 months.

How do I balance these realities? It's just RNG yo.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-15-2015 at 09:08 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by tdain View Post

For many slots, there is the alternative of raid gear purchased with marks, so at least we have that option... Again, I don't mean to dismiss your frustration, and perhaps Trion's plan is backfiring, but Trion wants folks to log on and I am not sure your suggestion is in line with their model.
    What an excellent suggestion Dagla.. I mean Tdain. Let's also add, purchased for credits too, while we're at it.

For the low price of $600 any toon can now have the t1 (or frost keeper's set). Perfect!
    Last edited by Kimatsu; 04-15-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kimatsu View Post
    What an excellent suggestion Dagla.. I mean Tdain. Let's also add, purchased for credits too, while we're at it.

For the low price of $600 any toon can now have the t1 (or frost keeper's set). Perfect!
    LOL - perhaps you misunderstood. I am OK leaving things they way they are... RNG is RNG... But the OP wants to fill out their PvP set so I was brainstorming that Trion could add PvP items to the equipment store (right next to T1 which is already there) and the OP could use Fragments/Marks to fill out that set. We are already getting these marks and spending them, so that would just give us another choice on how to spend the currency we are already earning to offset bad RNG. But the price would have to be pretty high or the crates would lose their value.

On the larger front however, you seem to be upset that Trion is trying to make $. Forgive me, but that's just absurd. Rift is a pay for convenience/service MMO, so yes, they actually need to generate revenue... I appreciate that rare person who drops $600 on a set of gear so I can play this game for free.

not so long ago the mara drop rates were insultingly low to none. after a long lasting cry out loud in forums, pvpers got those drop rates increased.

still, after playing NM tide since launch, i havent been able to obtain so called *BiS* rings (as main stat as high one and other stat as either Ap or CP)

dont ask how many opened.

yes - i do want to get whats best for pvp from pvp. i kinda keep failing at it. rng is hurting my brain how absurde the whole thing is.

p.s. (whenever i get a *warlords foot* from mara chest i wish to put it somewhere where no sunshine ever goes)

+ Reply to Thread