+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Forget Elo, new scoring metric.

Default Forget Elo, new scoring metric.

Semi-satirical: Instead of showing Elo, let's show how many people have put someone on an ignore list. Then have that number show in their nameplate. It would be like the scarlet letter, only they deserve it.

I am getting sick and tired of the immature raging in WF chat. Cry me a river already, sorry you joined a losing WF, it happens. According to them, everyone is a PvE noob, blah blah blah. My only rationale is the raging person is likely a 14yr old because I can't imagine the average working adult talking in such a fashion, although I'm sure there are exceptions.

I have no suggestions to fix the issue besides continuing to grow my personal ignore list. Hopefully Trion at least tries to avoid queuing me with those folks in the match making system.
    Last edited by BigTerj; 04-14-2015 at 07:45 PM.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by BigTerj View Post
    Semi-satirical: Instead of showing Elo, let's show how many people have put someone on an ignore list. Then have that number show in their nameplate. It would be like the scarlet letter, only they deserve it.

I am getting sick and tired of the immature raging in WF chat. Cry me a river already, sorry you joined a losing WF, it happens. According to them, everyone is a PvE noob, blah blah blah. My only rationale is the raging person is likely a 14yr old because I can't imagine the average working adult talking in such a fashion, although I'm sure there are exceptions.

I have no suggestions to fix the issue besides continuing to grow my personal ignore list. Hopefully Trion at least tries to avoid queuing me with those folks in the match making system.
    Why don't you just heal than? Your dps is low. Why are you playing tank anyways? Why are you not playing tank? Plz click flags. Why don't you pvp instead of clicking flags?

Noob.

That does not happen very often. Sure there are people who get pissed off and rant and call everyone names, but the majority of people are nice.

I'd be near the top ranked player in rift under this system.

it has my approval

If someone on my team is crying like that, I just wait a few matches. They end up on the opposing team, I mark them as heals, and laugh while they get nuked by my team. Good times.
    "I love it!" - Frank Drebin

I just wish it showed ELO ratings.

Had to love several days ago. Some cat had his mic turned on. Started raging on me as I was closing in on a win. "Just stop playing the game, you are horrible. I've never seen someone so bad. Omg you [string of explitives]" etc etc.

Btw, this was the match-up.

Got to love it when a player with this visible rank talks trash to someone with this visible rank. If only Rift had this so you could see who is really talking loud and who can actually back it up.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-14-2015 at 11:09 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

it has my approval
    I'm glad they implemented a new system to replace the old pulling systems for you.

On a side note. I like to beef too much and hate seeing blank spots in conversation to have really ever ignored someone. If I have, it was for like an hour or two. I give props to those who can keep full on ignore lists. I feel like it puts me in the dark.

I mean, if I have it in me to put someone on my ignore list, I probably wanted to track and murder them in PvP. If I have them on ignore, how am I suppose to track their location?

I probably have the biggest friends list of enemies. 9 people online, only two I may talk to or not be ignored by.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-15-2015 at 12:52 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

I actually dont have a big ignore list, very few players are on it.

On a side note, I wish that this game had a "do not group with" list. A feature such as this would cause less drama for everyone involved and everyone would be happier in the longrun. As is, unfortunately the game only doesn't group you with people on ignore lists for dungeons, but still groups you with them for warfronts. Why ? Aren't WFs technically expert difficulty dungeons ? it even states so on the WF menu and as you enter one you get a system message that states: Dungeon difficulty: Expert

Also, I don't want to put every new player on ignore, just don't want to be force grouped with them and be forced to go at their snail pace and unable to play at a decent level, but still would like to talk to them. So that is another great reason for 2 seperate lists.
    Last edited by Shouku; 04-15-2015 at 01:08 AM.

I just think it's funny how people talk when they think they're anonymous. Not necessarily a Rift problem, but it manifests itself here and there is no attempt to curb or disinsientivise the behavior.

You should not be pvp ing if that type of stuff bothers you. From my experience the bigger your ignore list the worse player you are

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

it has my approval
    I would destroy you. I average 2 people per warfront ignoring me.
    KABOOM!

Why would you ever ignore it?

Listening to the QQ is almost better than winning a competitive match.

Their tears feed me, and it's delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    You should not be pvp ing if that type of stuff bothers you. From my experience the bigger your ignore list the worse player you are
    Let me clarify, the comments in question are not directed at me but usually at the new 65s, I consider myself a fairly competent PvPer.

I think we all understand the matchmaking system is questionable at best, but when a new 65 is queued with you and has greens or dungeon blues, there is not much they can do agaisnt raid/Dreambreaker geared folks. The guys raging expect these fresh 65s to magically top the damage/healing charts, but we all know that won't happen.

It's true, some people are just plain bad at PvP, but what service is someone doing their team by talking trash everyone instead of working objectives. Personally I have no time for these folks, that is why my list grows.

Default Invariably

The low IQ crowd that spends the entire wf mouthing off about how everyone else sucks is at the bottom of the charts in objectives/dps/heals/kills. Then justifies their fail by some convoluted nonsense "I don't really suck I just wanted to not play so I could tell the rest of you how much you suck".

The only problem is that occasionally the level of vitriol is such that I feel compelled to reply, it always annoys me when I fall for the troll bait but o well ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast