+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Rift PvP: A View From The Inside

Default Rift PvP: A View From The Inside

I think this screenshot says it all.

Rift PvP: A View From The Inside-game-over.jpg

I had a mad rogue link me raid achieves in his rage tells the other day. Yup. That happened.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    I had a mad rogue link me raid achieves in his rage tells the other day. Yup. That happened.
    Bro, he was diamond league...

DIAMOND
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Did his name start with "Crumb" and end with "onic"?

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Did his name start with "Crumb" and end with "onic"?
    yes was that you? :P He seemed so passionate to get a rise out of me, guess it figures it was someone from the forums.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-12-2015 at 03:31 PM.

yes was that you? :P He seemed so passionate to get a rise out of me, guess it figures it was someone from the forums.
    No, asianguywithacamera = same in game. That rogue who sent ya tells is just very vocal when it comes to his uhm... transgressions in tells.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    No, asianguywithacamera = same in game. That rogue who sent ya tells is just very vocal when it comes to his uhm... transgressions in tells.
    Oh dang. He must get around.

suggestion for a new Ascended Ability: Ascended's Admonishment - can only be used on an out of combat friendly player in warfronts or conquest. the ability instantly kills the player and returns them to the graveyard. procs bloodthirsty and killing spree. kills attained this way count towards scoreboard kills and grants favour/prestige.

yes, I'm aware of the trolling potential of such an ability, but it surely cant be worse than the current status quo of quitters.

He's the worst kind of terrible. He ones that think they are amazing.
    KABOOM!

He has been raging at me and aborticus since like 2013. It's golden each time.

edit: wrong name, sounded close though Know both.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-12-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I think this screenshot says it all.

Attachment 23123
    The funny thing is I would think the devs will try to focus on this because it is arbitrary and if they do it won't have any impact at all on the overall bigger picture of things. So they can throw the development to something which creates a sort of black hole conundrum. No matter how much information that goes in whatever comes off the surface will be what it is always. Basically the outcome will be the same. An easier way for you to understand this is probably the saying that a tiger can not change its own stripes.

"Afking" has existed in every pvp game and that is a fundamental part of the system in which the devs need to include in their development of an MMO to achieve a balance of some nature. It is the same like devs building raids but not including lag in the picture. Those are fundamentally "un-correctible" entirely... and even if they would curve it back other variables which are producing the same effect will come out of it such as leavers, people choosing to not play, and straight up bads that run stones to their opponents or even worse the suicide diver who spams 1111 not caring about team strategy and expecting a carry or an autowin 10 games later.

However you can continue to beat the dead horse and devs can continue to develop things that bring up more things that need to be looked at that spit out the same exact information..

Or the devs can actually fundamentally change the way pvp works where it is not a black hole of loss information that spits out the same outcomes. But I think this is too much work for them to ever consider.
    Last edited by Planetx; 04-13-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    The funny thing is I would think the devs will try to focus on this because it is arbitrary and if they do it won't have any impact at all on the overall bigger picture of things. So they can throw the development to something which creates a sort of black hole conundrum. No matter how much information that goes in whatever comes off the surface will be what it is always. Basically the outcome will be the same. An easier way for you to understand this is probably the saying that a tiger can not change its own stripes.

"Afking" has existed in every pvp game and that is a fundamental part of the system in which the devs need to include in their development of an MMO to achieve a balance of some nature. It is the same like devs building raids but not including lag in the picture. Those are fundamentally "un-correctible" entirely... and even if they would curve it back other variables which are producing the same effect will come out of it such as leavers, people choosing to not play, and straight up bads that run stones to their opponents or even worse the suicide diver who spams 1111 not caring about team strategy and expecting a carry or an autowin 10 games later.

However you can continue to beat the dead horse and devs can continue to develop things that bring up more things that need to be looked at that spit out the same exact information..

Or the devs can actually fundamentally change the way pvp works where it is not a black hole of loss information that spits out the same outcomes. But I think this is too much work for them to ever consider.
    the "much work" fix would be throwing out the current match making system and replacing it with one that matches players instead of teams. this would reduce the "blow out" games that cause so much player quitting.

an easier short term fix would be to add a 30 second timer that players must leave the graveyard in or get kicked out of the match and suffer an Ascended Disgrace debuff. the area to be affected would be the same area that enemy players get ported back to their own spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    the "much work" fix would be throwing out the current match making system and replacing it with one that matches players instead of teams. this would reduce the "blow out" games that cause so much player quitting.
    I had some interesting observations of my games today. My first game was being injected I to a losing 2:0 Karthan with about 5m on the clock. I pushed hard and did my best to stop caps, and take out the other teams dangerous players. They isn't have great heals and were dropping like flies, but I didn't have great heals either and every time I went down, we would lose the battle soon afterward. I put up a hell of a fight but we still lost to timer. Afterwards Kitia (who was on the other team) told me that they were steamrolling and about to win. She said had I not shown up it would have been over. This happened several times in a row. It's obvious the MM was throwing me into losing teams to "save" them. Later I played a few matches outside my normal time slot. 4 games in a row I was put on small (5v5) teams where everyone on my team had green gear, and not every slot filled. Memorable endings were the two winning games where I went 16:2 and 14:1, putting up about 1.5 million damage. Next on the charts were 3 of the other teams DPD, and then finally our next best DPS at 1:7 450000 damage.

Even though we (I?) won the games they just weren't fun. Most of the opponents were terrible and no competition for me, and the entire game I felt like it was my responsibility to do all of the killing and carry the team. It wasn't challenging, it wasn't fun, and the victories were empty.
    KABOOM!

Crumbonic at his best:
    http://imgur.com/r7Q4Vjr

Stayed dead of 80% of the map. Take note of the score.

He called me terrible after he and a reaver killed me 2v1.

Now my feelings are hurt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast