+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 120
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Nerf sentinel and its hybrids in pvp, too OP.

  1. #1
    Plane Touched KiwiRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    263

    Default Nerf sentinel and its hybrids in pvp, too OP.

    As the title says.
    Too many cc counters for the amount of healing it puts out.
    Nuff said.

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Eh, if anything just make it so Renewed Altruism only affects the healing CDs and not abilities.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    Lol your ****ing joking right? Sentinel's can heal lots yes but try healing heavy damage for more than 20 seconds using cds gl. Sent dont need a nerf because the mana pool drains fast. There's a reason they heal more than other healers. Because once you run out of mana, your ****ed. Rogues may not heal more but the have an unlimited pool of energy.

    Not to mention the mana regen is the ****ty channelled one that can be interupted.

    And if you made your post because you couldn't kill one in a 1v1, you shouldn't be able to if they're good.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 04-09-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

  4. #4
    Ascendant Zehne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Is this the onset of a new healing OP, healing UP era I see?

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36

    Wink Nuff said - you are wrong. Sentinels are not OP

    I've played sentinel since it came out with rift (before puri) with my main and have seen lots of changes along the way. For those who know what they are doing sentinel is as powerful as a rogue physician. However for those that don't know how to fight them, going against them can be frustrating. However, they are NOT op as you think. There are ways to bring down a cleric sentinel if you just know the tricks. Instead of calling for nerfs, work on your stats and skills and pvp tricks. If you think Sentinel's are OP now you should have seen them before Nightmare Tide came out. They have been nerfed steadily since then and are in a good tune with things now. They don't need a nerf.

    Sennna

  6. #6
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    The only thing what I consider "op" is divine favour, but its purge-able and don't think there's an add-on for monitor it. Sentinel is strong but it has a cost: resource management.


    Healers no need nerf in pvp, any healer can be soloed with competent build, purge, interrupt, cc and timed burst.

    The only reason "op" healers are exist bad dps and lack of focus.

    If you cant solo a senti maybe he is extreme overgeared/skilled compared to you, and its normal, if you cant kill a senti in the middle of a zerg, then it stacked healers and completely different story. Maybe 3 other healers heal him from behind.
    Last edited by Sheo; 04-10-2015 at 01:55 AM.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Mukoswave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    124

    Default Lol

    To take down a sentinel all u gotta do is make them mana starved, once you do that you win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

  8. #8
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Eh.

    OP status confirmed

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Kimatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Sent fine as is.

    75% uptime with great heals.
    25% time, breaking off from the fight to regen mana.

    As it should be.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Fusscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Sentinels without good crosshealing die in seconds to proper burst
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

  11. #11
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mukoswave View Post
    To take down a sentinel all u gotta do is make them mana starved, once you do that you win.
    Pretty much this.

    Purge them a few times, too. Once you take out divine favor, healer's blessing, marked by the light, you've taken out 30-32% of their total heals.

    I guess people don't track buffs and purge. Too hard.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mukoswave View Post
    To take down a sentinel all u gotta do is make them mana starved, once you do that you win.
    Or kill them.
    I find that killing them is a great way to take them down.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  13. #13
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Or kill them.
    I find that killing them is a great way to take them down.
    OP is too busy using his burst abilities while healer's covenant is up.

  14. #14
    Rift Master EverydayAnomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Sent needs a buff, if anything. Big heals aren't mobile, mana starved most of the time. Direct counters like Dom can wreak havoc on them. In a thread the other day about preferences of healing in WF's it went about like this:

    1. Phys
    2. Puri
    3. Defiler
    4. Sent
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

  15. #15
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    Sent needs a buff, if anything. Big heals aren't mobile, mana starved most of the time. Direct counters like Dom can wreak havoc on them. In a thread the other day about preferences of healing in WF's it went about like this:

    1. Phys
    2. Puri
    3. Defiler
    4. Sent
    Why should it be mobile? It's not a mobile heal spec. You want mobile, go Defiler. Sent doesn't need a buff at all lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts