+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ianto Jones

Thread: Even after 50 levels, I'm still learning PvP

Rift Disciple

Default Even after 50 levels, I'm still learning PvP

When I got bored with PvE and couldn't find a good guild by level 65, I started a Rogue Ranger and dedicated myself to PvP. I had rarely PvPed, but now this Ranger has made it to lvl50 exclusively on PvP --- no dungeons, hardly any rifts, almost no quests. Now that Prestige and Rank have opened up, I'm not sure what to do with them. I have 100K favor now, haven't spent any so far and won't until level 60. What should I be focusing on between lvl50 and lvl60 to be in the best shape to take advantage of gear at lvl60? I only see one type of gear: Freelancer and different cells for upgrading it thru Myrmidon. Is that the only gear path available? Does any gear availability depend on Rank or Prestige anymore?

Gear is meaningless before 65 and rank/prestige gives you nothing but titles.

Also if you play Ranger at 65 people will laugh at you.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Also if you play Ranger at 65 people will laugh at you.
    Why is that?
    Last edited by phayse; 04-09-2015 at 08:21 AM.

Marksman now outclasses Ranger in every way except open world soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by phayse View Post
    Why is that?
    The game is balanced around LVL 65 pvp. At lower levels, some specs may shine in certain brackets, but at 65 they may not be nearly as good. Currently, MM is stronger at 65.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

Thanks for all the advice. Interesting how some people can give you constructive criticism while others only make statements to make themselves feel superior. That aside ... so, is there nothing other than collecting favor, that I need to focus on between now and lvl65 in PvP?

Three years later, 7 capped toons, 4 of them pr100, never stepped foot into a dungeon - and still learning pvp.

Isn't this why we pvp? Because it's ever changing.

Don't focus too heavily on what is considered to be "working" in pvp. You'll get better mileage if you play what you feel comfortable with and find enjoyable. Chances are anyway, that Trion will make some changes at some point which empowers, or nerfs the spec/class you're playing, and could end up looking to learn an entirely new spec, or class even.

In my experience, it's not a matter of if, but when. And when something gets neutered along the way, it's nice to have something else to fall back on, like an entirely different toon or class, until the one you were playing gets fixed (if ever *cough* melee souls *cough*)
    Last edited by Kimatsu; 04-10-2015 at 04:14 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kimatsu View Post
    Three years later, 7 capped toons, 4 of them pr100, never stepped foot into a dungeon - and still learning pvp.

Isn't this why we pvp? Because it's ever changing.

Don't focus too heavily on what is considered to be "working" in pvp. You'll get better mileage if you play what you feel comfortable with and find enjoyable. Chances are anyway, that Trion will make some changes at some point which empowers, or nerfs the spec/class you're playing, and could end up looking to learn an entirely new spec, or class even.

In my experience, it's not a matter of if, but when. And when something gets neutered along the way, it's nice to have something else to fall back on, like an entirely different toon or class, until the one you were playing gets fixed (if ever *cough* melee souls *cough*)
    Thanks for an extremely intelligent response --- I feel fine,now !!!

+ Reply to Thread