+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: RIP PvP Reaver - We loved you well

Default RIP PvP Reaver - We loved you well

So, from this morning's patch notes...
    REAVER
    * Dire Corruption, Power Leech, and Flesh Rot are now classified as a diseases and as such can be cleansed.
    Since all of a Reaver's hard hitting abilities are dependant upon / amplified by the number of DOTs which they have active on their target this change means that a couple of healers with an AOE cleanse button can pretty much negate the entire opposition team's reavers.

I'm intrigued as to what Trion think warriors should play in Conquest now... are we back to charging the enemy 40-man raid in melee builds again?

trion is trying to promote tank specs. it's such a great experience to join WF with 5 tanks and 10 healers.

A spec is crippled because you can cleanse the stuff?

Yet every other thread is about how people can't play.

Gut says you'll be alright.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The AoE cleanses are not spammable. Most players don't even think to cleanse in the first place, so this will only benefit the small number of skilled players who know to use cleanses regularly.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

never loved reaver in the 1st place. as a rework of a rework (cause 1st rework mega failed)
    it shifted warfronts even more towards people throwing rock from one side to the other side of the river and constantly complaining how rocks are bigger on the other side.

and Meteor - idk. my conquest FPS on 20 vs 20 people is 0-1 fps. i was able to record the CQ matches before 3.0 , now im praying there isnt other premade so we can finish in 5 mins. gave up on 2k CQ kills few weeks ago. (as for the spec - we can always return to tempest,thats fun to play,right? wavelenght ftw! )

Rift Disciple

The Baabadook still will haunt you.

Just be glad you still have viral stream on a 20s c/d.

Yeah, sure looks like a dead spec now; those uncleansable healing debuffs that you can spread to eight people with one button press are just so dang useless right? This is just a common-sense fix that should have never went live, just like the stacking debuffs.

AoE cleanse is on a 10 second cd. You will be fine, unless you're so bad you can't figure out how to properly play reaver in pvp. You might have to plan a little and actually think every now and then while spamming your three buttons to the top of the damage charts.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Just be glad you still have viral stream on a 20s c/d.
    lol sorry it's not nysr's that doesn't even require dots to do full damage.

As for AOe cleansing problem, thankfully the few I seen are all raiders that are nice enough to still yell CLEANSE when doing it.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-09-2015 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post

As for AOe cleansing problem, thankfully the few I seen are all raiders that are nice enough to still yell CLEANSE when doing it.
    One can be cleansed and one can be LOS'd. It seems fair if you are trying to make a complex rock/paper/scissor game like this. I still can't get past how they used this twisted logic to categorize "bleeds" as "dots" that can't be cleansed. I'm just trying to understand why one class deserves to lay down DoT abilities and have them removed from the enemy and one class can lay down DoT abilities that are permanent.

Either way, I noticed when playing my Sab specs, and more-so when I had some time with my cleric (mostly did inq, hate healing). I notice it is rare you run into people who really keep tabs on your damage being cleansed and voiding out its potential. It sucked though because when you do, they can do it really well. Yet my assassin can pop out of thin air, lay a ton of dots that you can't remove, then vanish back into thin air.

I just think this game makes separate categories out of things that don't need to be.

DoTs vs Bleeds
    Gear slots vs Essence slots
    Channels that require standing still vs Channels that allow movement

It's no wonder it's hard to find balance when abilities and mechanics that basically function the same in the end result are regarded as two different things almost.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The 13% passive/3% active mitigation, 15%/15% in/out healing debuffs, 100% mobility, 3-button rotation, and passive cleave without any ST loss or additional effort sure sounds like a useless spec.

At least you have specs that are unhampered by cleanses -- you know, Paragon, and Warlord. Imagine that every spec you have was as screwed as Reaver is by cleanses, and imagine that that's been the meta for your class for the past 4 years. Welcome to Mage!

This is just ****ing hilarious. Warriors: subject to the same counterplay as everyone else, cry, "our spec is useless!"

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post

I've never met a single good raider who has an AOE cleanse macro. Except Shira, but he's a bit special.

Reaver still puts out a ton of damage, and dots can always be reapplied individually if you need to.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

If these three abilities being un-cleansable are the only things that make reaver work for you, then no amount of OP will ever make you anything greater than a sub-par player. And par is pretty effing low in this game.
    KABOOM!

reaver is extremely gimmicky and boring to play .... give us a melee spec that forces us to play with more than 20 keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    This is just ****ing hilarious. Warriors: subject to the same counterplay as everyone else, cry, "our spec is useless!"
    Warriors complaining about being UP?

That's never been seen!
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast