+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: T2 Raid Gear Must Be De-Bolstered in PVP

Default T2 Raid Gear Must Be De-Bolstered in PVP

T2 Raid Gear Must Be De-Bolstered in PVP

A pvp only player can access about half of the weekly cap of frozen horror marks currently.

A pvp only player who does all the pve weeklies/ntes can access around 2/3 of the weekly cap.

Without raiding it's not possible to progress a character to full BIS or semi-BIS gear in a reasonable time and because this is not likely to change, t2 gear must be debolstered in pvp.

Otherwise Trion will have a delivered an end to Rift pvp.

Pyro is OP against terribads who facetank all damage and don't have anything but Fan Out on their bar, but there's more counterplay for Pyro than any other top-tier damage spec. Not to mention that its success is RNG dependent, and unless you're blessed by RNGesus you will lose to any equally skilled, equally geared player of another class.

Basically, the same it's been since it was destroyed around 2.1.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 04-08-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Liandell View Post

A pvp only player can access about half of the weekly cap of frozen horror marks currently.

A pvp only player who does all the pve weeklies/ntes can access around 2/3 of the weekly cap.

Without raiding it's not possible to progress a character to full BIS or semi-BIS gear in a reasonable time and because this is not likely to change, t2 gear must be debolstered in pvp.

Trion originally posted in 3.0 patch notes that PvE gear would get downbolstered in instanced PvP so that it could be no better than the best gear obtained via PvP. Implementing this single original intent would bring an immediate end to all the chatter that you must PvE to PvP. It really seems like a simple and elegant way to solve all this drama... It would be most welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Pyro is OP against terribads who facetank all damage and don't have anything but Fan Out on their bar
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdMz...7&feature=plcp

But yeah, Pyro is quite powerful if the people around you have no clue what they're doing. I feel like they're one of the easiest to shut down. Also, PvP weeklies give out a fair amount of currency. For a game that really caters to PvE, you can get pretty far just from PvPing. Obviously I wish things were better for PvP'ers, but yeah, reducing power in T2 gear will happen. I would hope that you would give Trion at least a bit of credit. Sure decisions have been made with respect to PvP that were not agreed upon by the community, but not reducing the power T2 gear is something that I doubt crossed their minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    chloro is OP against terribads who facetank all damage and don't have anything but Fan Out on their bar, but there's more counterplay for chloro than any other top-tier healing spec.
    So pyro is like chloro?
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Pyro is OP in pvp. Anyone claiming otherwise is just bad. Aveleys destroys plebs on pyro.
    so one person killing bad players on pyro is proof that pyro is op?

pyro is no more op than mm reaver or inquis

lol when will u ever stop whining about pyro, its getting a slight buff by the way so get your tears rdy.

Would prefer to see pvp gear back tbh so the major differences are mitigated between sets.

Pyro is OP in pvp. Anyone claiming otherwise is just bad. Aveleys destroys plebs on pyro.
    Pyro has been nuts since like 2012 IMO. It sort of blows before level 25. But once you start getting those hot abilities and insta procs the thing is a monster. I cared less about gear as a lowbie and I remember mashing people out hard even at the low end of my 40's bracket. I know brackets have power swings but, I could just tell the way the pyro functioned. That thing is an underrated beast IMO in PvP. I used to love building up all sorts of procs and just mashing someone out with instant nukes.

Truth be told, most of my time. I'd have traded in my Rogue for an equal geared mage. I always thought I could do better on Pyro~ Just would have played less a variety of roles though.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-09-2015 at 06:38 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Although it cast's firebolts and whatnot instead of lightning bolts, every time I see a pyro in a WF this comes to my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

Adegard - Blightweald
    Unsubscribed/Uninstalled/Back to GW2

It`s always fun seeing bad mages rushing to defend their OP spec.

But this thread is not about pyro, go complain in the mage section.

This is about whether Trion will make a logical move towards not further ruining rift`s pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    So pyro is like chloro?
    I've already said that I think Chloro is in a better spot in PvP than Mage DPS is. Of course, everyone takes that as me saying that Chloro is great, but whatever. Anyone who's played Marksman or Inquisitor (and who has more than 25 elo rating) knows that Pyro is bottom of the barrel these days.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 04-09-2015 at 07:36 AM.

Either down bolster T2 gear, or include a pvp upgrade path equivalent. And the pvp upgrade path should not be gated to put pvpers 2 months behind PVEers as was the case at the beginning of NT.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Pyro in the 40s is good, I don't even use the UI with my Oculus. Toe to toe, I just burn people down, don't even worry about what they hit back with, self healers are the only trouble. Most matches I pick up random healers following me for the easy win. At 65 it's decent, but I find I do more with a Chloro because 65 pvp seems to be no heals or just heals for the pm, same crap as always end game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusscle View Post
    Either down bolster T2 gear, or include a pvp upgrade path equivalent. And the pvp upgrade path should not be gated to put pvpers 2 months behind PVEers as was the case at the beginning of NT.
    This is going to be the case I believe. These rubber-band gimmicks are becoming old. I'm sure we will get an upgrade path to our pvp armor. It will be late, overpriced (mark wise), glitched and provide an inadequate amount of stats. 3 or 4 months they will slowly increase the stats, procs, etc. Reduce the upgrade marks by a bit and when all is said and done it will still be crap in pvp (comparatively).

NB4 it happens ... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    This is going to be the case I believe. These rubber-band gimmicks are becoming old. I'm sure we will get an upgrade path to our pvp armor. It will be late, overpriced (mark wise), glitched and provide an inadequate amount of stats. 3 or 4 months they will slowly increase the stats, procs, etc. Reduce the upgrade marks by a bit and when all is said and done it will still be crap in pvp (comparatively).

NB4 it happens ... again.
    I'm hoping they learn from those mistakes, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast