+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nuitaran
  • 1 Post By Bluntmaster
  • 1 Post By Quanian

Thread: OP Stuns and dibilitates

Soulwalker

Default OP Stuns and dibilitates

the overpowerful stun and dibilitate combo's in warfronts and pvp to the point that you are littlerly repeatably stuned or dilbilitated to the point of death with NO chance to defend againist it is REDICULUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the othe pvp mechanic that is seriously flawed is the timer for respawn

Default Lol

Lol stuns and debilitates aren't that bad. The only time you can get repeatably stunned is you run into the other teams group, or 1v1 a dom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

Quote Originally Posted by gfldaven2 View Post
    the overpowerful stun and dibilitate combo's in warfronts and pvp to the point that you are littlerly repeatably stuned or dilbilitated to the point of death with NO chance to defend againist it is REDICULUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the othe pvp mechanic that is seriously flawed is the timer for respawn
    *The *overpowered *debilitate *literally *repeatedly *debilitated *ridiculous.

Try saving your break free for when you really need it instead of putting it on cool down the moment you get CC'd. I love getting someone to burn their break free when they are near full so I can stun them when they are at 20% and blow them up. Derp!
    KABOOM!

Rift Disciple

Hmm there are only 2 op-stuns in the game.
    8sec not-cleansable stun from bard/beastmaster..
    If u got probs with stuns try specce with e.g. cleric with 11 points kabba or pyro (3 bf)

Break free doesnt currently seem to grant any immunity no matter how long you wait out the CC.

Break Free should be reset every death / respawn.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Quote Originally Posted by jackytheripper View Post
    Hmm there are only 2 op-stuns in the game.
    8sec not-cleansable stun from bard/beastmaster..
    If u got probs with stuns try specce with e.g. cleric with 11 points kabba or pyro (3 bf)
    lol so you think the two most OP stuns in the game are ones which break on damage? Transmogrify is far more overpowered than verse of captivation or the beast master stun, and besides who the hell plays beast master in warfronts. The main culprites for OP stuns and debilitates are pyromancer's scorch and their debilitate, both of which are on very short cooldowns and are not justified in a spec which also has an 8 second unbreakable root and three cc breaks.
    Last edited by Xamaron; 04-04-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Welcome to Rift, where the devs hate resource denial because it "prevents people from using their abilities" then design a DR system that allows you to have a higher up-time on being CC'd than not.

i play void knight in warfronts. for a reason. and i do use a CC blocks on certain people.

or you know what... we can all go play reaver and wonder if the sky will fall on our head today, but be happy still because it didnt fall yesterday.

Game 1 - four second daze if you string together over half the enemies damage in consecutive hit after another without any down-time. Can only get one per game with the allowed health, if you get one at all.

Game 2 - hit the 4 button and your enemy can't do anything for 5 seconds.

Pretty leet. I still don't get it. When you get dazed in SF it's like, dead-end unless you make a crazy comeback. The enemy being allowed to unload *whatever* they want on you because you are helpless gives an insane upper-hand in any match. Rift just sprinkles it into every 10 seconds of gameplay. It's really freaking obnoxious.

But even in raiding. I remember Avatar of War. damage shield with a 50% chance proc when it takes damage to stun you for 2 seconds. BEST MOB EVER.

cast, stun, cast, stun, cast, stun, cast, cast, cast, stun, cast, stun, cast, cast, stun, cast

^^^ There is nothing fun about that in PvE or PvP. A whole raid of 24 people who can't function their toons 50% of the fight!
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-04-2015 at 11:05 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

This and some non-dot debuffs keeping you in combat even if their caster is long dead need to be looked at.
    Adegard - Blightweald
    Unsubscribed/Uninstalled/Back to GW2

Good point OP. Let's give all the CC just to doms. Hear, hear!

Rift Disciple

lol so you think the two most OP stuns in the game are ones which break on damage? Transmogrify is far more overpowered than verse of captivation or the beast master stun, and besides who the hell plays beast master in warfronts. The main culprites for OP stuns and debilitates are pyromancer's scorch and their debilitate, both of which are on very short cooldowns and are not justified in a spec which also has an 8 second unbreakable root and three cc breaks.
    have u ever played a serious rated bg??

I've can't remember being stunlocked and killed (by 1 person) in a couple globals in Rift. I have however been stunlocked and murdered in a couple globals fairly often in other MMOs...so in my experience the stuns aren't bad at all.

And you can spec for extra CC breaks if you want.

Also whenever I've seen squirrel last even close to full duration in PVP I run to my phone and call my Mom to tell her about it...more often than not I'll squirrel some healer and then watch some dork go after it guns blazing, break squirrel and allow healer to continue his work.

+ Reply to Thread