+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Elo in 3.2

Default Elo in 3.2

With the elo rating becoming visible in 3.2 - does anyone know if say for example I join a wf thats literally lost and no chance of winning ( and same for joining a winning wf) will you gain or lose elo for these type of warfronts? If this is has already been answered in some thread then i apologize for being lazy.

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

Does anybody know if an ELO rating of a toon that hasn't logged in since 3.0 has any relevance?

edit: I'll do it.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-03-2015 at 07:26 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I'm sure that once this goes live, the problems with the ELO and matchmaking will become more apparent. In terms of matchmaking, having lower ELO is an advantage.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Quote Originally Posted by Liadva View Post
    With the elo rating becoming visible in 3.2 - does anyone know if say for example I join a wf thats literally lost and no chance of winning ( and same for joining a winning wf) will you gain or lose elo for these type of warfronts? If this is has already been answered in some thread then i apologize for being lazy.
    The system probably is so basic that it doesn't look at variables as to when you joined. It'll look at the end outcome. Join at the end and lose, ELO will drop.

I looked at 3 characters on test. My main has an ELO of 3096. My lvl 65 cleric alt, 19xx. My level 45 alt 20xx. Both alts were leveled through PvP. It is a little surprising that my lvl 45 alt is already higher than my cleric but probably because I was able to dominate most warfronts in the 20-29 and 30-39 brackets and easily win 80% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusscle View Post
    I'm sure that once this goes live, the problems with the ELO and matchmaking will become more apparent. In terms of matchmaking, having lower ELO is an advantage.
    Yes, having this visible will be good for transparency, but without a system where it groups people together based on ELO (meaning people with high ELO play against others with high ELO) the overall numbers really won't mean all that much.

Champion of Telara

I guess it depends on how/what they do with it.

If it actually has some bearing on match making then having a high ELO is disadvantageous. It will serve nothing but braggings and bring elitest to pvp. So instead of players now only seeing "LFM 1k hit require for NTE", are we going to start seeing... "LFM WFPM 4500+ ELO required"

We're going to see a new subset of players now who will refuse to random solo random WF queue now as that will hurt their ELO rating. They will only go via WFPM/Guild. Or perhaps they won't bother as they don't want to see their W/L ratio go down. You can laugh, as the same could be said about achievement points yet there are a percentage of players who actively pursue it.

How will match making work? Will it be like how it is currently. So players imagine this, a 'high ELO' 5 man WFPM queues up, They get put on one side, as there are no other PM in the queue will Trion's system just start filling the other side with randoms so just the numbers of players is equal? Or will the system actually FORCE the WFPM to wait in the queue til another equivalent ELO rank WFPM queues up before letting them in (in turn making them sit in queue longer)? That's the question. My bet is on the first, but either way this won't do a thing for match making.

Rift Disciple

Higher elo players should get raid invites yo

I hope elo gets the same respect as your leaderboard score.

i dont care for high numbers in elo rating.
    but i want to be matched with equals.
    and if i win, id love if the game kinda lets me continue winning and kinda stops making me party compleate lemmings with incompleate gear leaching for marks.
    in other words -if not letting me to continue winning ,at least stop trying to make me lose .

think that revealing stuff - like elo rating is a step forward..to what? we will see.

I just wonder honestly how they are formed with confidence that they are accurate to whatever degree. Two of my current favorite games involve rating systems - and they are centered around pretty pragmatic stats. SF is a pure win/loss basis where there is a curve and the more points you get the less you get rewarded for beating people under you. Qlive probably looks at accuracy stats and how good you do relative to your team.

But even in those games, the numbers can be transparent. Meaningless to some levels. I wish they would divulge how the number is formed. I don't honestly see a mass manipulation of people throwing their numbers. I can do it in my favorite game but why?

Manipulate it higher - you just get more frequency to be matched with people who perhaps aren't equal skilled and better than you because you manipulated it to get higher. Manipulate it lower? Boring, you just get fights that teach you nothing and are roll-overs. It's fun fighting equal and better players, not ones that get steam-rolled like they have no idea what is going on.

Blah blah on ramble juice today.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Instead of the community making parsers they should invest their development time into analysis cubes.

Rift Disciple

Elo doesnt address the high rate of warfronts that start with no heals and by the time healers join or people change its too late most times.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Does anybody know if an ELO rating of a toon that hasn't logged in since 3.0 has any relevance?

edit: I'll do it.
    Yep. I have a character that I copied to PTS ages ago but haven't played since about the same time, and upon re-copying the ELO rating is the same (no, it's not 1500, which is the starting point).

I hope they are adding the players ELO rating to match scoreboards as well.

I hope they don't include DPS or Healing numbers in the ELO. All those rogues just sneaking around capping flags with 0 dps all the while getting a lower and lower ELO rating.

But for my experiments (which get tossed out once ELO is public) show that low DPS over several warfronts does not increase my win rate. I purposely picked warfronts where I could PvE support my team to see if it changed my win rate. Still 1/10.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast