+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scarlet Knights PVP Fridays

Soulwalker

Exclamation Scarlet Knights PVP Fridays

Hi everyone me and my guild are trying to start up a server wide event for PVP players. It's been going on a few weeks and hinted at it on Lvl chats but now I'm trying to go bigger🔥🔥 the shard that it is hosted on is Deepwood every Friday night around 6PM server time. Yes Ik whats in it for me . As of currently when we get more people to possibly do just groups Or GvG (Guild v Guild) we can throw in bigger prizes,(keep in mind as we get more people this will change) the entry price for a regular 5 min match is 2platinum and for our main events. (Which give the best prizes) are 10p, the pay out to the winning team is based on how many show, the main events takes about 20 min, this goes for about 1h all together its 6 matches 5 min each and the main event(20 min ) if ur too lazy to do math it's about 50 min I take the last 10 to hand out prizes and give thanks and any msg on the nxt week if u have any further Questions please do ask or find me or A Scarlet Knight guild member

My toons u can find me on are Irongodz, Beefcheif,Semslav, or Feharkolodor

Plane Touched

Good Luck!

I love the idea of what you are doing, sadly Trion hates it. It's a shame Trion won't support folks like you.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Baian View Post
    Good Luck!

I love the idea of what you are doing, sadly Trion hates it. It's a shame Trion won't support folks like you.
    Actually, Trion has given prize items to tournament organizers for the event winners. There was a period of time from 2.7 to 3.0 that tournaments were happening and we even setup a website, I own the domain. 3.0 drove away the people we played with though so I haven't updated the website since the last tournament. There is a possibility we can do more but tbh, the people playing now don't seem to have the interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Yeah talk to Ocho at least. He'll should throw you a bone, and maybe a tweet or something.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-03-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Fun!

Great Idea =) I've gone before and I'll go again! Thanks Iron!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Actually, Trion has given prize items to tournament organizers for the event winners. There was a period of time from 2.7 to 3.0 that tournaments were happening and we even setup a website, I own the domain. 3.0 drove away the people we played with though so I haven't updated the website since the last tournament. There is a possibility we can do more but tbh, the people playing now don't seem to have the interest.
    I'm more talking design decisions which makes the pool of players able to truly compete less than 1% of the current playerbase.

For example I would love to compete but I can't because I'm not geared.

I'm more talking design decisions which makes the pool of players able to truly compete less than 1% of the current playerbase.

For example I would love to compete but I can't because I'm not geared.
    Oh that, yeah in that respect we are on our own. As you have found there is a simple equation to evaluating possible pvp changes, it looks like this to me anyway, if it costs money or takes more than twenty minutes to fix, it's a dead topic.
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by IronGodz View Post
    Hi everyone me and my guild are trying to start up a server wide event for PVP players. It's been going on a few weeks and hinted at it on Lvl chats but now I'm trying to go bigger🔥🔥 the shard that it is hosted on is Deepwood every Friday night around 6PM server time. Yes Ik whats in it for me . As of currently when we get more people to possibly do just groups Or GvG (Guild v Guild) we can throw in bigger prizes,(keep in mind as we get more people this will change) the entry price for a regular 5 min match is 2platinum and for our main events. (Which give the best prizes) are 10p, the pay out to the winning team is based on how many show, the main events takes about 20 min, this goes for about 1h all together its 6 matches 5 min each and the main event(20 min ) if ur too lazy to do math it's about 50 min I take the last 10 to hand out prizes and give thanks and any msg on the nxt week if u have any further Questions please do ask or find me or A Scarlet Knight guild member

My toons u can find me on are Irongodz, Beefcheif,Semslav, or Feharkolodor
    this is in a dimension area with no bolstering I take it? So show up with raid weapons and bis runes/trinkets or don't bother?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Oh that, yeah in that respect we are on our own. As you have found there is a simple equation to evaluating possible pvp changes, it looks like this to me anyway, if it costs money or takes more than twenty minutes to fix, it's a dead topic.
    An easy fix would be to make it extremely easy to get gear on the PTS. This way players that want to compete just go to PTS get whatever combination of gear they want and go have fun. Another benefit of this is that Trion gets more people on the PTS testing out things.

A huge con though is that Trion doesn't make any money from giving away gear for free on the PTS. I guess that's the biggest problem there money.

If you could get any gear on the PTS then nearly anyone could compete in these tournaments and we could actually have some awesome pvp tournaments again.

An easy fix would be to make it extremely easy to get gear on the PTS. This way players that want to compete just go to PTS get whatever combination of gear they want and go have fun. Another benefit of this is that Trion gets more people on the PTS testing out things.

A huge con though is that Trion doesn't make any money from giving away gear for free on the PTS. I guess that's the biggest problem there money.

If you could get any gear on the PTS then nearly anyone could compete in these tournaments and we could actually have some awesome pvp tournaments again.
    They put instant level 65 items and end game raid gear out there for free on the pts. Usually they put a vendor right near the zone in point. He gives out items and bags, all the stuff needed to take on whatever you want in game. They also give free full sets of all other tier armor, they want us to test everything. I usually just grab the best raid gear available, totally gear up, take screenies and know what to shoot for.

another edit: @balan - brilliant idea, shuts down gear discrepancy arguments for who is boss...
    Last edited by Bliter; 04-07-2015 at 03:12 PM. Reason: oh yeah, then I find the biggest thing possible and solo it
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I just remembered, I believe the 5v5 that Trion has available bolsters everyone period. It isn't used much, its actually ranked too. I don't know what it is to be in it as a soloist. Hopefully someone like Cupcakey will chime in, they were involved in a few tourneys and would know. The 5v5 is something that seems to be granted by mysterious forces these days. It will show up on occasion, but only after prayers and incantations.

Actually they grant the 5v5 to serious teams that request it. I have seen that happen at least once...
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Free gear is turned off and no instant level 65 on pts at the moment, I just checked.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread