+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New PvP Channel

Telaran

This new channel has my support.

I have much respect for Hello Kitty guild, esp Shenoah. However, in my humble opinion, 1 of the HK channel rules seems to be somewhat harsh and counterproductive to PMCQs. The rule is that if you utilise HK channel to form PM, you are not allowed to spam another channel. The penalty of breaking that rule can be a kick out of HK channel.

The problem lies with such a rule is that when 2+ CQ leads wish to form PM on a non-peak hour, there are simply a lack of players in HK channel to fill the PMs. Yesterday, Kale first spammed HK channel, and when it was obvious that he could not fill his PM, he spammed xevent channel and was promptly kicked by Rgi from HK channel for breaking the rule (as an indication of how hard it was to fill the PM, Kale ended up entering CQ 3 mins after it began with 19 ppl, despite spamming first HK channel and then xevent channel). Hayfafa, on the other hand, who also spammed both HK and xevent channels for his PMCQ on that same Stillmore CQ, was not kicked from HK channel, which on the face of it gives the impression that the enforcement of the rule is somewhat at the whim of Rgi.

Kale has graciously invited me into this channel and I am most delighted to take up the invitation. It is worth noting that Kale has confirmed to me that there is no restriction on forming pvp events on the new channel, i.e. CQ leads are free to spam other channels such as xevent or HB@Deepwood (previously used by Musclepig to form his PMCQ) when forming. So hopefully, this new channel will benefit all the pvp lovers by providing them with an additional avenue to form pvp activities. This channel seeks to supplement other existing channels and does not attempt to replace any.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Keep it PG-13. Titanic was rated PG-13 and had nudity and an F word. Crystal clear.
    Again as long as things aren't excessive, rule enforcement won't be a problem.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 04-03-2015 at 04:31 AM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Is the channel still viable? I'm told it's not atm.
    Pandia | Pandita | Kochochan | Tiamo
    <Natural Born Killers> and <-Every Time-> @Deepwood
    Stream on Twitch

Soulwalker

Joined the channel hoping to pick up some knowledge since I'm relatively new, got kicked before I said a word...

=[

Since it is not specifically mentioned in the rules I would rather ask first:
    Are we allowed to talk about/discuss drugs? Crystal, to be precise since crystal and pvp go hand in hand. So I hope you understand it's pretty much a must.

Thx.
    Last edited by Madballz; 04-04-2015 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by backwoodss View Post
    Joined the channel hoping to pick up some knowledge since I'm relatively new, got kicked before I said a word...

=[
    Was gone for most of two days, who kicked you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandia View Post
    Is the channel still viable? I'm told it's not atm.
    Currently 26 people in the channel, I'd say it's viable.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 04-04-2015 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Again as long as things aren't excessive, rule enforcement won't be a problem.
    And that's why it got a Pg-13 rating. The nudity was tasteful and the F-word was meaningless and used once!

Spot on reply.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Madballz View Post
    Since it is not specifically mentioned in the rules I would rather ask first:
    Are we allowed to talk about/discuss drugs? Crystal, to be precise since crystal and pvp go hand in hand. So I hope you understand it's pretty much a must.

Thx.
    Not just for the channels sake, but for well, publicly speaking in the world sake, I'd keep drug use discussion to the ones you are prescribed. Think man, don't be one of those facebook kids who get busted because they took a selfie with their - ahem - tobacco water pipe.

Like I can totally say I take Valium everyday. My doc approves it. Lalalala. Just don't be illegal. (If there is one anal person out there I'll take a recent photograph of my bottle to clear your conscious.)
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-04-2015 at 10:12 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Btw, if you were banned yesterday someone managed to grab mod and started banning people while I wasn't around. Any bans will reset on thrusday, apologies to everyone who was banned.

Telaran

Today, I logged on to this channel. Then saw that Doodooonurchin@Hallol of the Corolis guild got mod from Lotusss@Hallol and promptly kicked me out of the channel.

When asked, Doodoonurchin's response is "Nothing personal". Apparently, he kicked everyone out of this channel and destroyed it.

This will be fixed in the next couple of days once I get the chance to speak to Kale. One option that comes to mind is to set up a channel whereby 1 of my guildies can be mod and keep his computer online 24/7.

Anyway, such an exploit only firms our resolve and we will handle the situation better next time.

Talked with Chetx, working on possible solutions to the trolling/sabotage.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder 1 View Post
    Thank you for making this channel.

I hope this will have the effect of reviving the PVP community into a solid and committed player base, especially with your stated goal of helping new players in the PVP environment.

Good luck.
    It isn't the players who need fixing. Reviving the PVP community starts with significant changes to PVP, game side.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2