+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kill the leader x number of times

Lightbulb Kill the leader x number of times

Would you like a warfront where -simplified- the goal is to take down the opponent team's leader (leader= a real player. Not an NPC)? Instead of picking up shard thingy. Would that force people to cooperate more in warfronts?
    Last edited by Nisha; 04-02-2015 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisha View Post
    Would you like a warfront where -simplified- the goal is to take down the opponent team's leader? Instead of picking up shard thingy. Would that force people to cooperate more in warfronts?
    it's called port scion

Quote Originally Posted by Number One NA View Post
    it's called port scion
    Sorry. I wasn't clear in my text. As leader I mean a real player.

Kill the dev would be more fun. Same concept when the devs were in CQ.

Sorry. I wasn't clear in my text. As leader I mean a real player.
    No thanks, that just promotes tank specs and heal turtling, basically the reason the changed whitefall map.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Number One NA View Post
    No thanks, that just promotes tank specs and heal turtling, basically the reason the changed whitefall map.

I miss old Whitefall. Base turtling, rogue tank running, and all the rest. Too bad they don't break it out for the weekend bonus occasionally.
    Koz

Plane Walker

Would you like a warfront where -simplified- the goal is to take down the opponent team's leader (leader= a real player. Not an NPC)? Instead of picking up shard thingy. Would that force people to cooperate more in warfronts?
    Why not just a straight team death match? First team to 25 kills win. I would rather rely on a group than a single player becuase you never know what you are going to get.
    Koz

The problem that I can see is with people who come and go, the leaders could be pretty unevenly matched.

For instance a fresh 65 could join and be lead on the red team, and a fully raid geared player on the other team. One team would more or less get an easy win, three shotting a fresh 65. Also I may not be understanding exact what you are proposing, but the raid leader can be passed on from team mate to team mate.

For instance I am the raid leader and I see I am about to die, I can pass lead prior to dying.

I kinda like the concept but it should be elaborated on a bit more IMHO. The most important details that I can see are 1) How is the leader determined? 2) If the leader is the raid leader, will the raid leader be locked? 3) What measures would be taken to keep both teams leaders as closely matched as possible? Just some thoughts.
    Arrass@Derpwood
    Harass@DeepWood

I can see it now, 1 team with no heals and okay DPS vs a team with 5 healers and someone in a 61pt tank build.

Totally awesome game would go down I'm sure.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Warhammer used to have something similar for the third stage of its city siege raid v raid pvp.
    4 players on each team, one from each archetype (MDPS/RDPS/Healer/Tank) were randomly (kinda, better geared players had much higher chances of being chosen) selected and given buffs to hit points, damage, and healing. (only slight buffs to the dam/heals, big buff to the HP though).
    all 4 enemy player heroes had to be slain before you could damage the pve enemy faction king.

was fun.

selecting the player heroes by role and locking their roles once selected might be an idea.
    if you want to avoid healfests you could make the heroes immune to healing (but with a big HP pool).

would then be a dps race to kill the enemies heroes before they kill yours.

I like the OP's idea, but I would further it to a "search & destroy" style match like in Call of Duty. One team is offense, the other defense. If the tank dies before the timer the offense wins, if not the defense wins, then they swap sides and go best of 3.

Tell me that wouldn't be fun as hell. You could maybe shy away from the "tank" battle and just have an objective instead (similar to the COD bomb).

Having shorter matches in general that were best of 3 would be a cool way to switch things up from the MMO norms.
    Last edited by BigTerj; 04-02-2015 at 07:10 PM.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

Champion of Telara

No to OP.

Just what we need. 1 Tank 19 Healers. Yes, this will be such a fun warfront. You won't kill their side but they sure as hell ain't gonna kill yours. So the match takes the full 20 mins and ends in tie. Fun.... /slashwrists

Previously, it wasn't uncommon to see the bulk of the players in healing specs spamming each in Ghar Station. Since that was changed it's safe to assume it wasn't Trion's goal so why promote it?

Also what's to prevent the leader from just sitting in spawn?

.... so Black Garden without a decay? Dunno how fun that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    No to OP.

Just what we need. 1 Tank 19 Healers. Yes, this will be such a fun warfront. You won't kill their side but they sure as hell ain't gonna kill yours. So the match takes the full 20 mins and ends in tie. Fun.... /slashwrists

Previously, it wasn't uncommon to see the bulk of the players in healing specs spamming each in Ghar Station. Since that was changed it's safe to assume it wasn't Trion's goal so why promote it?

Also what's to prevent the leader from just sitting in spawn?
    there are easy ways around most of your issues...

1. healfest: the player designated as leader is also rendered immune to healing. give the selected player a large HP pool, maybe even some passive regeneration. the fight then becomes a dps race.

2. leader refuses to leave spawn: leader could be auto ported out of the spawn as soon as the match starts (WAR did this).

you people are so intent on finding reasons why ideas wont work, but put no effort into finding solutions for those problems, even when they are so simple and obvious.

Players-as-Boss fights can be a lot of fun, and once the mechanics are figured out it can be instituted on any/every map.

1. The longer you carry the stone, the higher the % of healing it absorbs, in addition to a % health burn every X seconds.

2. The longer you carry the stone the faster it lets you run.

3. The stone is easy to drop, as easy as getting knocked off your mount.

4. The stone is easy to pick up. A knock back/squirrel and you have time to get it.

Now you have a single guy running around with the whole warfront chasing him. Plus little benefit to stacking heals.

Fun times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast