+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Your opinions on Marksman

Post Your opinions on Marksman

So whats your opinions on Marksman is it to strong due to empowered shot going off each 2-3 sec.Or is it a balance spec that should not be change? Or should it be nerf to the point where empowered shot doesn't hit so much? I play as Marksman and i know how hard it hits when empowered shots goes off. Should it be change or is it balance.

Xgame@deepwood

Title known as: Xgame The Legendary Rogue

Marksmen should drop bombs because Sab has utterly failed at that for too long.

Totally made that up mid sentence.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Xgame View Post
    So whats your opinions on Marksman is it to strong due to empowered shot going off each 2-3 sec.Or is it a balance spec that should not be change? Or should it be nerf to the point where empowered shot doesn't hit so much? I play as Marksman and i know how hard it hits when empowered shots goes off. Should it be change or is it balance.
    burst is all that matters in pvp and marksman is not very bursty compared to inq, shaman, NB, reaver or pyro

Quote Originally Posted by Number One NA View Post
    burst is all that matters in pvp and marksman is not very bursty compared to inq, shaman, NB, reaver or pyro
    Actually its pretty bursty with a 25% chance crit buff and sentry battery as a high dps channel. It hits like a truck in pvp. Marksman is very bursty but just like inq and all other bursty spec they have cool downs.

Xgame@deepwood

marksman is not very bursty
    april fools!

...right? please?

Quote Originally Posted by Xgame View Post
    Actually its pretty bursty with a 25% chance crit buff and sentry battery as a high dps channel. It hits like a truck in pvp. Marksman is very bursty but just like inq and all other bursty spec they have cool downs.
    Dmg over 6-10 seconds is not burst.

Really then i guess neysr's rebuke and fullside is not bursty either. Also nb living flame. Do you actually know what is burst? I can explain it to you if want.

Xgame@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    april fools!

...right? please?
    I also hope what he said was April fools or something is wrong with the pvp community lolz

Xgame@deepwood

Awww, just three posts in? Now I'll never know who you were.

When I see a marksman and i'm playing melee, I cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

Yeah while I don't think it bursts right out of the gate, it hits like a truck and when you get to sentry, it's usually over. Personally I love it in PvP, however in PvE, I wish the rotation was a bit smoother.

Not to mention the utility is awesome. Snare, purge, knockback, and interrupt (with debilitate).
    Last edited by Artewig; 04-01-2015 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

RIFT Guide Writer

You mean the exact same time it takes for Pyro to do things isn't bursty?
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

is this a troll? Or just one of those marksman's who dont use deadeye shot and dont realise when their buffs have been stripped off and then say 'marksman doesnt burst much'

I play marksman quite often and my rogue is only full ephemeral and the burst is still insane. I recommend learning to play the spec properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    is this a troll? Or just one of those marksman's who dont use deadeye shot and dont realise when their buffs have been stripped off and then say 'marksman doesnt burst much'

I play marksman quite often and my rogue is only full ephemeral and the burst is still insane. I recommend learning to play the spec properly.
    MM has small windows of burst but it still doesn't compare to a few other classes. Put a shaman or paragon against a MM and see which one has better burst.

Ascendant

In a different view of the question I debate MM or ranger in pvp, depending on how much healing I'm getting.

If I'm just going solo with little heals I'll take ranger for my damage since it has more survival skills with pet shield/second break free. If you know how to play ranger its not amazing, but still performs. If you are getting heals I'd go MM for more dps and killing utility .

As far as compared to other ranged souls. I'm not sure yet-but believe the other main ranged souls beat it out since they have, added together, even more utility then MM in short order. i.e a inq, pyro, reaver 1v1 will kill an MM head on if they use their utility correctly, and in a non 1v1 scenario the same souls will dish out more pressure to other players over time.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 04-01-2015 at 05:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast