+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New dailies trion should have

Telaran

Default New dailies trion should have

Hi guys, there needs to be new dailies for trion to have in PvP, this will help PvP'ers go for the objectives in warfronts, conquest, instead of ignoring these objectives, for example several accounts i've seen where players take down an extractor, then they all leave it, and dont capture it. Another is when defiants are killing guardians near a flag, a guardian flag, then the defiants kill the guardians, and leave without captureing the flag. Another is in conquest, no one trys to help buff up the extractors, another is no one trys to go for taking the runes/fang/stones in warfronts, and leave them. This will also help players at least try to win, even when it seems like a loss, and leaving the warfront, or conquest.

Trion i would at least like you to consider this, and if you make these changes it will stop your remaining PvP players in the game to continue leaving.

Conquest:
    -Fortify 10 extrators
    -Help caputre 15 extractors
    -Kill 1 NPC boss

General:
    -Heal over 1 million health
    -2 million dps to players
    -Get 30 killing blows
    -Save 10 players

Warfronts:
    -Defend/assault 10 codex flags
    -Defend/assault 5 black garden flags
    -Defend/assault 15 Karthen Flags
    -Get 100 points while carring the fang
    -Get 200 points while carring a rune in Library
    -Get 200 points while carring the Stone in Station
    -Score 1 core in Karthen
    -Score 5 stones in Port Scion
    -Help kill 1 Boss NPC in Port Scion
    -You team kills 50 NPC's in Port Scion
    -Bring 1 stone to your base in Whitefall
    -Score 1 100 point flag in blighted

Rewards:
    Each of these daily rewards should be 300k XP. 20 fragments of horror, 200 Abyssal Crusador Marks, and 150 Void stones

Ascendant

Make them repeatable quests. Those who don't have the time to do their quests in a day won't feel pressured, and those who can complete them more than once will feel better rewarded for his performance.

Also, part of the point would be to get people to continue participating even when the win looks out of reach. Those who have already completed their daily will lack the motivation we are trying to give them with these quests. Making it repeatable ensures that they will continue to have that motivation regardless of whether they have already completed the quests a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Solreaper View Post
    General:
    -Get 30 killing blows
    -Save 10 players
    Is this one quest with 4 conditions, or 4 separate quests? Assuming they are individual quests:

- Heal for over 10 million health (I usually get over 1 million per watfront)
    - Deal over 10 million damage to players
    - Get 30 KBs
    - Get 15 saves

Warfronts:
    -Score 1 core in Karthen
    Some of these are spot on, others need to be made a little more difficult.

Rewards:
    Each of these daily rewards should be 300k XP. 20 fragments of horror, 200 Abyssal Crusador Marks, and 150 Void stones
    Even for a daily, I don't see Trion being that generous with their rewards. Make it:
    - 150k XP
    - 15 FoH
    - 50 ACM
    - 250 Void Stone

And again: REPEATABLE. I don't want to hear more people whining about being 'forced' to do daily quests. Maybe allowing them to do them at their own pace will pierce their entitlement issues.

Maybe I should point out that there is a strategy to not capping(generally just not fully killing) an enemy extractor in CQ.

But as far as repeatables go, if there are heal/damage objectives, they should be interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Solreaper View Post
    Conquest:
    -Fortify 10 extrators
    -Help caputre 15 extractors
    -Kill 1 NPC boss

General:
    -Get 30 killing blows
    -Save 10 players

Warfronts:
    -Score 1 core in Karthen

Rewards:
    Some of these requests don't actually sound half bad. It would encourage people to do more in WF and CQ. PVP has just been about kills and wins lately. To be honest, its getting kinda boring. PVP could use a bit more quests to so that players can keep pvping.

Others may not agree with me or think its crap, but whatever. I said my piece...
    Last edited by Shaolonfeng; 04-13-2015 at 06:12 AM.
    Shaolonfeng - Lvl 65 Warrior Khazeshini - Lvl 65 Mage
    Natsuno - Lvl 65 Rogue Erystar - Lvl 65 Cleric Tereni - Lvl 8 Primalist
    Grump Queen, Gives no S**ts, Mindless Pyromancer, Full-time Raid Healer

Telaran

yes. I agree PvP has just been about wins and kills now, and people who are on the losing side, should still try to pvp, even when it seems like they have no chance of winning, but they would have a chance of completing their dailies.

Also i like the idea of repeatable quests, and i also agree that the amount that i had put out is too much, it should be as much as Nef has said:
    - 150k XP
    - 15 FoH
    - 50 ACM
    - 250 Void Stone

Although I certainly want Rift to maintain its identity, it may not be a bad idea for them to apply the solution to "afking" that other games have implemented.

For example, in SWTOR, your rewards in currency gain are modified according to your participation. You stack "medals" gained (although eight is the maximum applied toward the reward, you can potentially gain twenty or more) within the span of a single match.

Examples of activities that reward a medal: guarding an objective (lengthier periods result in multiple medals), doing a significant amount of damage or healing within one burst, doing a significant amount of damage or healing over the course of the match (a fairly large number), guarding teammates, winning a solo engagement, etc.

Sure, some players may do the "least amount possible" to ensure rewards- but at least they do SOMETHING.

Still represents the concept of "repeatable" quests, as these medals apply in every instanced pvp match.

Let Trion determine what the rewards are- that's their job.

Out job is to go out & fight for it.

Telaran

yup, its getting bad, look at Kronos last post he had put out. I've seen that happen like 20 times already yesterday. There was even a Port Scion game i went into. At first it was 20vs20 , but my team for beaten down so hard most of us left, it was so bad, the game ended early because there wasnt enough players on my team(4 or less) to make the game keep going.These dailies, will at least stop people from leaving wfs

+ Reply to Thread