+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I want to commit to PVP!!!

Rift Disciple

Default I want to commit to PVP!!!

I've been at MMORPG for a very long time, and never warmed to PvP. I don't think I gave it a chance, and I always entered it believing that what I did in PvE would work in PvP. But now I think it's time I got serious about trying it and making PvP the mainstay of a new character. A quick read has me leaning toward Inquisitor Cleric --- Cleric is a class I never played beyond lvl10. How'm I doing so far?

I'm looking at guides that further point me at Shaman as a secondary soul at upper levels, but for now I think I'd prefer to level the Cleric with a premade so as not to worry too much about point distribution for the first 20 levels or so. That would head me toward Umbral Zealot with Cabalist as the secondary soul. For starting out in PvP, does this all serve me well? Anything I should focus on as a cleric in a warfront, or is it basically nuke down the damage dealers and healers?

Inquisitor is a fun spec. and your ideas are good. One suggestion for the future is to learn more than one spec/role, that ability will be greatly appreciated by your teammates (i.e. healing).

Good luck and have fun!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    Inquisitor is a fun spec. and your ideas are good. One suggestion for the future is to learn more than one spec/role, that ability will be greatly appreciated by your teammates (i.e. healing).

Good luck and have fun!
    This.

Start with what you think you will like, but every week or two add another spec that has maxed out pts in a different tree. You may find that you prefer a different soul more than you're original choice. Even if you don't decide you like that spec, it will give youa better understanding of its strengths and weaknesses. Knowing what you fight against and what to expect is an integral part of rift pvp, you will be a better player for having done so.

Also, don't bother with hybrids until at or near Max level, as they generally underperform.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Plane Walker

Don't get discouraged. You will die, and you will die a LOT, but that will happen. You will also run into a lot of trolls, just like in PvE, but keep in mind that the majority of the good PvPers are willing to help people out. Contrary to popular believe PvPers want more people to PvP so we have more people to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post

Good luck and have fun!
    This x1000. I keep one healer role, a few support, a few different dps types. One thing about Rift is that there is no guarantee anyone will be healing all the time so I keep some roles just for that. Makes winning a match for the daily a little easier even if it isn't glamorous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Rift Disciple

I always like to twink alts, and PvP provides a bit of an opportunity. If I craft gear to save my favor and credits, should I try to maximize endurance or maximize DPS --- I may try to balance the two, but usually I like to go all out.

Contrary to popular believe PvPers want more people to PvP so we have more people to FARM .

Quote Originally Posted by phayse View Post
    I always like to twink alts, and PvP provides a bit of an opportunity. If I craft gear to save my favor and credits, should I try to maximize endurance or maximize DPS --- I may try to balance the two, but usually I like to go all out.
    Damage, damage and more damage, screw defense, give me more things to kill with.

....Least it worked out for me.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread