+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warfront WINS / LOSSES Counter

Rift Disciple

Lightbulb Warfront WINS / LOSSES Counter

Hello,

The topic is pretty clear - i was thinking there is missing such counter to show you overall (lifetime) wins and losses. After the changes in matchmaking system before 2-3 months i'm losing way more games than i'm winning and i was curious what is my lifetime % of winnings, but nowhere to check that.
    This will even show if there are some flaws in the match making system, because if the winratio isn't closer to around 50% (it may varies in short term but in long term roughly between 40% and 60%) there must be something wrong.
    PvP usually should have more stats than the weekly Ranking.

Comments and suggestions are welcome, let me see your opinion about Wins/Losses counter.

Good and simple idea really. Plenty of games keep track of this. It could go right along side the rest of your "global/lifetime" statistics.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

If you don't have friends to queue with, you're in for a bad experience
    Never solo queue if you want 100% wins.

Well if we are here requesting ego boosting stat availability then I'd like to see things like:
    -Average rank for KB in WF
    -Average rank for Damage in WF

The problem is that the longer someone plays the less meaningful the numbers become. Perhaps weekly and monthly averages would be the most helpful, but lifetime really serves no purpose with a game that changes so much so frequently.

The only purpose I can see for recording win/loss is to facilitate complaints on the forums because your win/loss ratio has ZERO bearing on how well you perform in PvP. You could be a PvP god, but if every team you get on sucks, then you will have a losing record. In fact, that is how ELO works in the first place, good players are sent to bad teams to help them win.
    Last edited by BigTerj; 03-27-2015 at 06:02 AM.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

Names are all that matter for kb, not hard to tell who sucks. As for the ops request, I wouldn't mind seeing something other than the weekly win count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BigTerj View Post
    You could be a PvP god, but if every team you get on sucks, then you will have a losing record. In fact
    That's true, because you got team and not everything depends on you. You can't carry the Manugo players all alone.

In fact, that is how ELO works in the first place, good players are sent to bad teams to help them win.
    How the RnG recognizes that the player is good to put him in the weaker team when you don't have lifetime statistic?
    Even in MOBA games you are going around 45% to 55% win rate for average player, but there you have stats that represents you.

1/ And yes i play PvP alone, not doing premade stuff, so i got hard times ofc. I play a lot of PvP games and in all of them i prefer playing alone. I have the perfect game to give as an example of PvP statistic, but not sure if i'm allowed to say names, that's why i wouldn't (it's not MMO, it's not MOBA). But there is 15 vs 15 and 90% of the players are arround 45% to 55% win ratio. There is deeper statistic for the kills, assists, etc... But yet again, you can't queue with whole team there. Maybe that's the reason the games are more equal, or if you have a better game crushing your opponents the next one goes into their favor same way they crushing your team. Which leads to around 50% win ratio for the average player in long term. But as a PvP lover what would you prefer - Easy fast crushing win with premade team in CQ / WF or more equal and interesting games? The whole idea of MMO games teaming up with premades counters the PvP idea, or atleast the Rifts PvP.
    But comparing before and after the patch that introduce "losing streak players will be placed into different teams in the next game so they be assured at least one of them winning" my win ratio dropped below 30% i suppose.

2/ Going a little further i can give a small example in last Warfronts from today. From last 7 games i played before i write this post i had 4 games in which i joined just before my team lose, 2 that i played from the start with Manugo players and i only won 1 with a close result 989-1000. The 8th game i left when i saw again random team of half afk players. So that's pretty horrible ratio for solo queue. But yet again my purpose here isn't to complain and someone sorry for me, but to figure out some suggestions for improvements. Joining late game after the score is 880 to 120 isn't an option. At least this can be fixed by preventing you to join games where the total score of both teams exceed 500 points (for 1000 points win) and 250 for the 500 (like Black Garden).

3/ The PvP popularity and problems pretty much started when the PvP items were removed. I thought it was for the better and i was excited but playing PvP since then now i can see the flaws of that plan. First the pvp only players stopped playing, Second the games are filled with PvE players and afk players which are not interested in cooperating in order to win, but just to take some free marks if they can, and third you got even more activities to do now. If you were only PvE raider before you go raiding, if you were PvP player you go Warfronts / Conquest, if you like exploring and be casual solo player, all that was ok, but not anymore, now you have to farm everything in order to get the best items needed.

Well if we are here requesting ego boosting stat availability then
    I don't find many of them ego boosting, especially not a W/L record in a team based game where you often have 15 team mates, give or take. These types of stats aren't really definitive. I personally say more frivolous stats, the better. I'd go months without checking some of mine. But to those who like to keep an eye on them everyday, let them eat their heart out.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

This would normally be a great job for an addon developer. But this just isn't possible in a Rift addon.

Quote Originally Posted by moodkiller View Post
    How the RnG recognizes that the player is good to put him in the weaker team when you don't have lifetime statistic?
    just because we, as players, don't have the stats visible to us does not mean the stats aren't recorded somewhere.

3/ The PvP popularity and problems pretty much started when the PvP items were removed.
    this was not the only change that happened to pvp at that time, nor was it the most significant. just the one that players made the most noise about.

two other changes happened at the same time that had a much larger impact on pvp that combined with a change that happened earlier to make a perfect storm of pvp suffering.

1. mass exodus of experienced and skilled pvpers from the game. this greatly reduced the deep end of the pvp pool.

2. unified currency given by pvp quests resulted in a mass influx of pve'ers looking to maximise their currency. this flooded the shallow end of the pvp pool with inexperienced and unskilled players (yes yes, not every pve'er is a noob, but the number of skilled pve'ers was no where near enough to fill the void left by the departed skilled pvpers, and are grossly outnumbered by the unskilled).

the change that happened earlier (during SL) was the complete overhaul of the matchmaking system based around a novel implementation of the ELO ranking system.
    during SL this change wasn't such a big deal - the pvp pool was small enough that only the very extreme outliers of players noticed any significant difference. however, the difference they noticed was severe, and is commemorated by the inclusion of a NPC in Margle palace near the pvp quest givers. click on the NPC and it will tell you all about the glory of being teamed with bots and AFKers (note the AFK robots walking into the wall around the NPC).

now, these three things have combined to create never before seen levels of angst and suffering from anyone unfortunate and desperate enough to try queuing for warfronts solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    just because we, as players, don't have the stats visible to us does not mean the stats aren't recorded somewhere.
    Exactly my point: Make this stats visible to us.

Rift Disciple

Going a little further i can give a small example in last Warfronts from today. From last 7 games i played before i write this post i had 4 games in which i joined just before my team lose
    Yesterday was rainy and i played Warfronts whole day. The number of those that i joined too late to see my team already losing an irreversible game has increased to 7-8 from over 30+ games. I wasn't placed in the winning team when they were leading not even once for the whole day. So again - the numbers are pretty horrible looking and the RnG isn't looking so fair to me. I wanna see more numbers and stats.

Rift Disciple

They showed the new ELO screen for pvp last night on the live stream. It shows your ELO wins, losses, ties and a win% tracker.

http://riftgrate.com/2015/03/27/live...th-march-2015/

Its about half way down.
    I know that there are some of you that believe fully that a guild of millionaires is going to appear on day one and down all the content.

~Daglar

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsalot View Post
    This would normally be a great job for an addon developer. But this just isn't possible in a Rift addon.
    Actually it is possible and there'll be an addon called nkWar shortlyin a week or two ;-)

Cheers
    N.

Rift Disciple

Those are some great news guys! Thanks for the replies.
    I missed that stream obviously.

P.s. Also the Wardrobe improvement is awesome thing!

Telaran

60-64 bracket,
    2 wins 2 losses
    65 bracket
    0 wins 8 losses
    just today

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast