+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conquest Ideas

XTK

Default Conquest Ideas

A while ago it was "hinted" at that the Trion Devs were looking to test out reducing CQ Pre-made sizes to 5. A lot of people disagreed with that mainly because it kinda ruined the spirit of CQ. Pre-mades only have the upper hand of being a properly composed raid (plus a CQ leader)
    POST-MADES on the other hand I feel unbalance CQ A LOT. Most people who are joining CQ join at the start. Then as the match continues, a few people trickle in slowly. A post-made severely unbalances the match. Premades join at the start and usually the teams balance out size wise (unless someone leaves) pretty rapidly. Post-mades on the other hand add 20 fresh players. The time it takes to balance this out is a lot longer relative to pre-mades.
    I suggest 2 changes (to help improve the state of CQ)

1. Implement a 10 minute timer (maybe even 5 minute) which starts with the start of CQ. Once the timer expires, joining parties are limited to 5 players (which is what was kinda suggested before anyways)
    This would keep the teams balanced (ish) for the duration of the CQ match

2. For chest looting, make it so each individual has to have gained 5k+(Or a different value) favor IN that CQ match to be able to loot the chest. This would prevent straight timer joiners etc (you get like 3k favor for winning cq) and this should be easy to track since in warfronts favor gained is tracked anyways.
    This change would actually make people join CQ earlier and want to stick around rather than leave.

Just some rough ideas I came up with in 2 minutes. Feel free to criticize

Those are some good ideas.

I thought Post-made normally meant a raid made up of pugs organized after joining.

I would probably play CQ if they changed it to a 5man queue, but I won't argue for that since I don't really do CQ much anyways.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Quote Originally Posted by XTK View Post
    A while ago it was "hinted" at that the Trion Devs were looking to test out reducing CQ Pre-made sizes to 5.
    this is being done organically through the player base.
    soon enough there wont be enough pvpers left to field more than a 5 man PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

XTK

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    this is being done organically through the player base.
    soon enough there wont be enough pvpers left to field more than a 5 man PM
    So true...

on a slightly different subject i don't get why we still don't have a non ranked 5v5 WF.... i believe the ranked one failed because of its competitive aspect, a casual 5v5 might actually work. + it really costs nothing to try it out....

anyways if 5man makes it to CQ i will definetly join, this might actually be fun.
    Last edited by littlepoit; 03-28-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XTK View Post
    So true...
    Only becuase they didnt deal with the demoralization and destruction of its playerbase sooner !

+ Reply to Thread