+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Fix or remove ELO

Default Fix or remove ELO

just do it.

its not the ELO that is the problem, but how they use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Wow, what a great, reasoned, informative, useful topic!

thanks,glad you agree.

Sword of Telara

working as intended nicely with Trion's "pvp rewards can be earned through constant failure anyways"(tm) approach

Maybe we should all just stop posting and go away?

If they were doing any work on it you'd think they would tell us. It seems all the PvP improvements on patch day are just 5 minutes worth of work changing chest drop rates and whatnot. I doubt they are going to work on something that will take a long time to fix.

Even with a perfect ELO system I think BiS pvp gear being raid gear will keep tons of wf's unbalanced. I don't mind the gear unification actually, but something has to change for the health of pvp when it comes to bis pvp gear. I have no issue with premades either, as I enjoy playing with friends also, but the fact is when you force raiding guilds to pvp for pve currency, with a large gear gap in place, then you get raid geared pm's stomping pugs.

There has always been some gear gap in pvp, but the amount of people who grinded out max prestige was a paltry figure compared to how many folks have raid gear now.

I find forcing players to experience aspects of the game they don't want to, utterly wrong.

The only PvE'ish part of Rift I ever enjoyed were the PvP rifts and the zone events back on Bloodiron (PvP shard) due to the mass PvP pwnage after the boss was dead.

Up until Lv50 you could easily level up via WF's. With 2.0 that's been severely nerfed and forced everyone to do quests and whatnot. I understand that without doing quests to level up, you'd leave out like 80% of the game and new areas they worked so hard to make, but if anyone wants to skip out on all that, they should be allowed to do it (imho ofc).

Rift changed so much just to please the majority of it's playerbase and attract as many new players as possible.
    Last edited by Quanian; 03-26-2015 at 08:15 AM.
    Adegard - Blightweald
    Unsubscribed/Uninstalled/Back to GW2

I think there's a Wednesday problem, where things get more messed up.

This is my theory:
    Well geared, and reasonably skilled raiders form PMs to finish guns. But their ELO is low due to not pvping much. This results in 15 vs 5 matches, where raiders get the good pugs, and the PVP premade gets the worst/afk pugs. IMO gear is less of an issue, because the best/most committed PVPers are reasonably well geared these days.

Moral of the story; solo or Duo Q on Wednesdays.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Quote Originally Posted by Fusscle View Post
    IMO gear is less of an issue, because the best/most committed PVPers are reasonably well geared these days.
    It's not the best/most committed PvP'ers being geared that's the problem with gear. The issue with gear is the not committed PvE'ers not being geared and wanting gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    The issue with gear is the not committed PvE'ers not being geared and wanting gear.
    Meaning the AFKers, if I read you right. Agreed.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    just do it.
    I agree.

My chances at a better win/loss ratio are FAR FAR FAR better if it was completely random then in its current form. At least by random chance I get some really good fights win or lose at least I can have a chance, vs no chance with ELO in place.

What I would really really like to see though, is a que system similar to the one for expert dungeons. You check the roles you can play and que up.

Also, most important of all, don't que us with players on our ignore list, same as in dungeons. Expand the list to maybe 1000 players or so.

This would be much much better then ELO. If anyone wants faster ques, all they have to do is start removing players from their ignore list, if they want better matches but longer quest, then add players to it.

For that matter, it would be better if there was a seperate "do not group with" list instead of ignore list.

Seriously, in addition to be better matched up, this would also completely solve the AFKer problem, as eventually, the AFKers would not be able to que up at all or be qued up with no one else but themselves thus not causing any harm to anyone.

On top of that overall game would be better, the PMs would be much happier cause they could steam roll the whole AFK groups even moreso so that they can conga ratz themselves on the leet skills. The actual playing pugs will be happy cause at least they will be paired up with people that won't look down on them much for having to carry them, etc. etc. the list goes on and on. There is just no negative to such a system, and no need for any ELO.
    Last edited by Shouku; 03-26-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    its not the ELO that is the problem, but how they use it.
    Like when they match raid geared pms against one good player and 19 bolstered noobs, half of which are afk? Or perhaps you meant when it puts two five man pms against the team with two well geared pvpers and the rest lemmings....

But hey, we complain way too much and for no reason said the noobs to the missing community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

It's fine, stop being mad when you lose

Quote Originally Posted by Fusscle View Post
    I think there's a Wednesday problem, where things get more messed up.

This is my theory:
    Well geared, and reasonably skilled raiders form PMs to finish guns. But their ELO is low due to not pvping much. This results in 15 vs 5 matches, where raiders get the good pugs, and the PVP premade gets the worst/afk pugs. IMO gear is less of an issue, because the best/most committed PVPers are reasonably well geared these days.

Moral of the story; solo or Duo Q on Wednesdays.
    What I learned this week: Just don't f****ng play on Wednesdays. Or Thursday's for that matter. Even if you solo or duo Q, you are pretty much guaranteed to get out with 14 potatoes that keyboard turn and don't even have base class buffs up, running around like its ice cream day at the special hospital. best case scenario the other team is just as bad and you end up dropping 8 terribles at codex before you turn around and realize your team wiped and its now you vs the remaining 7......
    KABOOM!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast