+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Greater Essence fix addendum

Both of them don't work correctly.

One of them only gives 69 AP and the other gives 98 AP.

http://i.imgur.com/s7lglmN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6cLvEfA.jpg
    The "D" in Djent is silent.
    Djent

Quote Originally Posted by Samia View Post
    I have the CP version
    Essence says 1249 damage and health but focus says 352 damage and 569 health.
    ---
    Still waiting....

Should pvp greater count toward NTE greater? I ask because I don't have double effect on my pve greater and the tooltips says: increased effect if another NTE greater is equipped.
    Thanks in advance.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

After today's update my Dreambreaker Greater Hailshard is still not doing what the tooltip says. Should give +190 but only gives +98.
    http://i.imgur.com/9kUYWrH.jpg

Can we get an update when this might happened?

Quote Originally Posted by snipebad View Post
    After today's update my Dreambreaker Greater Hailshard is still not doing what the tooltip says. Should give +190 but only gives +98.
    http://i.imgur.com/9kUYWrH.jpg

Can we get an update when this might happened?
    After trion has sold enough planar essence unsockets

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    After trion has sold enough planar essence unsockets
    yeah, i broke down and bought one...

Quote Originally Posted by snipebad View Post
    yeah, i broke down and bought one...
    ---
    Has unsocketing your greater essences, and resocketing fixed the problem? Has a parse shown the correct values?
    Thanks,
    Diz
    Last edited by Dizbo; 04-02-2015 at 06:31 AM.

saw a post on general forums this wasn't fixed with the patch today, true?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    saw a post on general forums this wasn't fixed with the patch today, true?
    Yes, they're still not fixed.

So is the fix going to be happening before 4.0 comes out? Because this just looks like you are trying to wait things out until everyone that cares paid for an unsocketer.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #41
    Rift Team

The fix was some complex legacy code with how Essences work. Normally when we change an ability on an item, players with that item receive the update the next time they log in. However, Essences were coded to be as lightweight as possible on the server - this meant that they only checked their abilities once, when socketed, and then never checked again to see if they had been updated.

In short, this bug was much harder to unwind than most, taking multiple days of engineering time. We're currently testing a fix for it, which should hopefully be on PTS by the end of the week. If all goes well with that, this issue will be fixed the next time we patch.

Sorry for the long turnaround time here - hopefully you can see from the above why this issue took much longer to fix than is normal for a bugfix.
    Jeff "Red Hawk" Hamilton
    Senior Systems Designer - Rift

Patience, my students. Good things come to those who are patient...Grandmaster Lee.

But yeah, be patient with Trion, and with time, things shall be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    The fix was some complex legacy code with how Essences work. Normally when we change an ability on an item, players with that item receive the update the next time they log in. However, Essences were coded to be as lightweight as possible on the server - this meant that they only checked their abilities once, when socketed, and then never checked again to see if they had been updated.

In short, this bug was much harder to unwind than most, taking multiple days of engineering time. We're currently testing a fix for it, which should hopefully be on PTS by the end of the week. If all goes well with that, this issue will be fixed the next time we patch.

Sorry for the long turnaround time here - hopefully you can see from the above why this issue took much longer to fix than is normal for a bugfix.
    How about just issue a removal tool to everyone ?

If you ask me, it took longer to fix because essences were never treated like normal gear slots the way one would intuitively thing they should be. Had they been, they wouldn't have been coded in such a way that produces this issue at this time.

I don't know what the MO was, and I could theorize with how they are only removable for cash now. But the deeper root issue is that pieces of loot that function the same way as gear was not coded like normal gear. I think that is still an issue. Why is there a cost option to remove essences, why aren't they simply removable? Don't re-invent the wheel.

Make essences normal gear in 2015.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The good news is that this fix will probably fix the same issues with multiple other greaters. More or less the problem is that the focus is what's scanned for stats. But the focus only scans the essences when they are installed.

Thus all the cool tagging such as: When another greater is equipped, only actually works when another greater is in the focus PRIOR to installation.

Half the time, what people see as bugs, is the code working 100% as intended. It's just that in team developed software, some code isn't USED as intended.

"Hey can I borrow your car"
    "sure"
    *car comes back pile of scrap*
    "What did you do to my car"
    "You said I could borrow it!" -a demolition derby driver

That's more or less how some code ends up working. It's completely fine for lots of things, but then you throw something different at it. It still processes it, but the result isn't what you thought it'd be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast