+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: PvP is empty/dead

Default PvP is empty/dead

CQ is a ghost town and warfront ques are longer than ever.

Could this be related to Trion's absolute abandonment of pvp with 3.0?

Champion of Telara

can't say much about CQ, as I tend to avoid it, but my random WF's are popping up the same as they ever have. the few CQ's I've joined have been pretty 1 sided.
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

Plane Touched

the off hours CQs are indeed that horrible. Hopefully if they ever actually go live with the 5 man group limit on CQ ques, this will fix that as it will spread the population a bit.

As for WFs, there are usually around 2 PMs runing around in the off hours, a lot of times they both put on same side and for whatever reasons regardless if its some sort of a hack, exploit, or just trion fail, the result is the same.

this drives more and more people to completely abandon both CQ and WF, I am seeing an increasing number of players just peaking in and leaving the lopsided matches.

GG lowering the que times while chasing away more and more players altogether in the name of that. fail trion.

Telaran

lol I don't have long qeues for wf's? I have seen Liandel in a game or two.

CQ is a ghost town because of premades. period.

I remember prepatch it was always oathsworn that won, after coming back to the game now its always a premade on nightfall. I don't join conquest either, not only because my computer can't handle it. but because i'm not part of the "in" crowd.
    Last edited by Marana tha; 03-25-2015 at 10:44 PM.

I'm surprised that even the forum vets are still hanging around tbh.
    LOL. Still Begging For Concessions I See.

trion release nmt themed wf > pvp abandonment

trion spend a lot of time adjusting and readjusting box gear/box drops > pvp abandonment

the only thing that has changed since nmt is gear normalization, which isn't completely welcome in the pvp community but probably means wfs are more active than before..

ya'll need to find something worthwhile to complain about

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFromTS View Post
    trion release nmt themed wf > pvp abandonment
    as unpopular as other maps are, this one is possibly the most unpopular warfront yet

trion spend a lot of time adjusting and readjusting box gear/box drops > pvp abandonment
    the needed to do all that adjusting because they didn't do it right the first time around due to the pvp abandonment.

the only thing that has changed since nmt is gear normalization, which isn't completely welcome in the pvp community but probably means wfs are more active than before..
    the gear normalisation has nothing to do with WF popularity.
    forcing players, who otherwise wouldn't want to pvp, in to pvp has made WFs more active.

I note that the dungeon LFG queue is still stupidly long if you queue as DPS. why is this the case when the PvPers are likewise forced into pve?
    also, the WF queue might be more active, but the matches themselves are decidedly less active with AFKing at plague proportions.
    meanwhile, not a damn thing is being done to address all the AFKing... because.... abandonment...

ya'll need to find something worthwhile to complain about
    riiight... the PvPers should be happy in their Rift ghetto and just be thankful for whatever worn hand-me-downs we get from the charity of the PvEers.
    Last edited by Kronos v; 03-25-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

Conquest is dead (at least in off hours) because there is little point in queueing up unless you are part of the one pre made present.

Open World PvP was dying long before NT. NT was just the last nail on the coffin.

Warfronts are doing relatively well. Lots of inexperienced/clueless players and a decent amount of quitters/AFKers, sadly, but the queue times are short. Just having a loose ranked-match system (based on ELO) would clean that up quickly: dedicated PvPers could have more competitive matches, and AFKers can stare at each other from across the battlefield until they realize that free wins/kills for their weeklies must be earned.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
    the off hours CQs are indeed that horrible. Hopefully if they ever actually go live with the 5 man group limit on CQ ques, this will fix that as it will spread the population a bit.
    They already had a good fix for this. If the off hour cqs are bad they need to limit them. If the average cq completions are not balanced throughout the day that tells you immediate changes need to be made so that the completions are more normalized. They did this by raising the time between cq completion during off hours and lowering the time between cq completions during prime time.

It use to take 2 hours for cq to pop during off hours and the matches would take like 15 mins each. During prime time matches can still be completed fast but on average 4x longer and there was only a 45min break between cq.

It may not seem fair but those who play during off hours still get close to the same amount of completions than those who play during prime time. Right now you can win 10 cqs in a roll during off hours if you premade vs maybe 2-3 in the same time stamp during popular hours.

If they went back to this system and regulating premades every other cq as well as making IG a bonus cq and actually redeveloping it to be better it would fix a lot of the problem in all the pvp and pve areas as well.

Also, lowering kill count on carnage and cq is long overdue. We also need more inclusive weeklies for pvp. Taking 7 hours to do a weekly with the rewards equal to less than two 6 min boss kill is just bad design.
    Last edited by Planetx; 03-25-2015 at 11:11 PM.

You know what would be cool? Having a separate queue for premades. Personally I love it when there are 3 premades because it makes it more exciting when there are 3 coordinated efforts all in competition. However, a potential problem I see in that is there would be fewer people in the regular queue, especially during off-hours. Either way, I'm a supporter of the premades, but only when each team has premades.
    Last edited by Artewig; 03-25-2015 at 11:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Prophet of Telara

Could be related to TESO going f2p.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

It's alive and well on the EU cluster

Quote Originally Posted by minipara View Post
    It's alive and well on the EU cluster
    It's alive, i wouldnt go so far as to say its well

Soulwalker

As a new player I am definitely under the impression that this games pvp is dead or close to it.
    At the level 30-39 brackets you can expect 15-30 min. queue times AT LEAST and when you finally get a game its the same group of premades with a few newbies.

And dungeons?I've sat in random dungeon queue for HOURS several times without finding a group.I think it's time for me to find a new MMO.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by HighisI View Post
    As a new player I am definitely under the impression that this games pvp is dead or close to it.
    At the level 30-39 brackets you can expect 15-30 min. queue times AT LEAST and when you finally get a game its the same group of premades with a few newbies.

And dungeons?I've sat in random dungeon queue for HOURS several times without finding a group.I think it's time for me to find a new MMO.
    The reason why no one ques for dungeons at that level is because it takes only about an hour or so, often less, to be pass it. You start gaining xp at slower pace once you hit around 58. Until then, theres just simply no point other then novelty value, and most of us are past that.

As for warfronts, yea they can be slow too. They are too fast at 65. I would very much welcome a few minutes waiting time if it means I can ge ta better balanced match, instead I get extremely crappy insta ques all the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast