+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Kartia

Thread: What is your guys thought if i held a 1v1 tournment?

Post What is your guys thought if i held a 1v1 tournment?

I been thinking that even if this game isn't balance. A 1v1 duel arena seems fun to watch and to be enjoy. Spec that players haven't seen before and some that are very popular. So whats your guys opinion about it? Is it good or bad? And should it be made? I want feedback so plz comment

Xgame@deepwood

Title known as: Xgame The Legendary Rogue

Telaran

Hello, I think it'd be amazing, then again, I love watching duels, though I've participated in a few myself. So if you do put this together please let me know because I'll be there if I can be. My main character's name is Hersheykisses@Wolfsbane.

I'm specing Blanka
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I personally believe it would be fun and enjoyable to the PvPers, and have something to do and show off their awesomeness to every other person of relevant interest.

In Faeblight, us RPers have this PvP tournament once a week and from the times I attended it, everyone was having fun, especially the duelists, so I don't see why your idea won't be popular, especially if it has enticing rewards.
    Serale@Faeblight

Get them to bring back getting Conquest Carnage credit in our Black Garden dimension, and have your 1v1 in there. There would be enough PvP'ers in there to have it every day.

If you need an arena, I have a couple of dimensions setup with pvp tools. I have an Anywhere dimension with a ground level build to avoid port bugs and few objects for faster loads. The other pvp dimension is setup for hunting style pvp and has a lot more stuff in it, it was built to be something like a deathmatch Warfront.

Shoot me a pm or you can tour them now, tiratore@wolfsbane
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    If you need an arena, I have a couple of dimensions setup with pvp tools. I have an Anywhere dimension with a ground level build to avoid port bugs and few objects for faster loads. The other pvp dimension is setup for hunting style pvp and has a lot more stuff in it, it was built to be something like a deathmatch Warfront.

Shoot me a pm or you can tour them now, tiratore@wolfsbane
    Cool i will look into it if it happens
    Last edited by Xgame; 03-24-2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Because i can im legendary

Xgame@deepwood

Plane Walker

Anyone want to start a betting pool as to whether or not it will be an assassin to come out as the grand prize winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    Anyone want to start a betting pool as to whether or not it will be an assassin to come out as the grand prize winner?
    It will likely be a raider, what with gear not being bolstered down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    If they don't ban twilight during the tournament nb or nb/sin will be the winner. Due dimensions have no bolstering the winner probably a raid geared rogue.

This is my bet. Where is the bookie?

Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post
    If they don't ban twilight during the tournament nb or nb/sin will be the winner. Due dimensions have no bolstering the winner probably a raid geared rogue.

This is my bet. Where is the bookie?
    hate to say it but one thing is for sure,a warrior will not win this 1 vs1 tournament.i always prided myself as a 1vs1/solo player and geared myself up as such first,group player 2nd.in sl i would have loved to do a 1 vs1 tournament, we had pvp gear and warriors had a good/strong solo spec,not so much any more.

now warriors lack survivability big time and we more or less only have glass cannons specs. raid gear not bolstering down would be an issue for all as well.maybe only allowing war front gear to be used would be helpful?

this whole topic reinforces what i have been saying all along.this whole gear change thing is not good for the game.there is still gear gaps in wfs,any where outside of wfs and the gear gap is bigger then its ever been.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I'm specing Blanka
    i feel sorry for you. here, have some internet points.

Telaran

1v1 is never practical in an mmo. Beause of the differences between classes. Some will always have advantages over others.

The only way you can have a 1v1, is a game like quake. where both players have equal stats and abilities. And thats why there has never been another 1v1 professionally sponsored game on that lvl. (except maybe sc2)

3v3 is the least you can do imo for an mmo. So you can at least have a variety of meta builds instead of just one lol.
    Last edited by Coolnight; 03-25-2015 at 09:45 AM.

In my opinion i think all class are very balance but gear issue may be the problems for right now and i don't really want to base this tournament off of gear issue but if it does comes to that i don't think its possible to get people to be involve

Xgame@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by mealfrog View Post
    i feel sorry for you. here, have some internet points.
    No need to feel sorry. The game rock0rz Sox0rz.

I am revisiting to wager that I am the least of people who should be felt sorry for in this part of town .

The one way PvP'ers made semi-organized decently competitive scenarios around PvP, destroyed by gear unification basically because the main ideal place to do these things are in places where gear bolstering doesn't work.

This game came out 3 -4 years ago and people are talking about its death. Mine came out in '87 and prospects of version V are being hyped with world wide competition still being held in 2014/2015. Don't feel bad for me!
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-27-2015 at 05:06 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread