+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Some data on wf queue system

Default Some data on wf queue system

Just so frustrated and trying to learn more about it.

When I queue solo, my win rate is very poor. Some days I get as high as 44% and some days low as 16%, worst day since I have been keeping track was 9%.

When I queued today with a guildie, a new 65 with poor gear, The win rate was an even 50%. So is there something about being in a PM that lowers my ELO? Are two people not considered a PM and I am just getting his ELO?

Then there was the day I was in the Dachro PM and won 12 straight warfronts, but that wasn't as weird to understand why.

Smile

Just remember that when queing into a war fronts. Make sure you are doing your part trying to win. Even if all hope is lost even doing your part is not enough. You know you did your best and you didn't need to depend on others makes you more of a team player rather than following zerg and premade to win. Do your part contribute and make sure its flawless. [ Become Legendary My Friend] - Xgame@deepwood

Xgame@deepwood

Title known as: Xgame The Legendary Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Xgame View Post
    Just remember that when queing into a war fronts. Make sure you are doing your part trying to win. Even if all hope is lost even doing your part is not enough. You know you did your best and you didn't need to depend on others makes you more of a team player rather than following zerg and premade to win. Do your part contribute and make sure its flawless. [ Become Legendary My Friend] - Xgame@deepwood
    your post is against the TOS , way too nice and positive for a pvp forum.

@OP the rating system will be made public pretty soon and will just confirm what we already found out : the system is broken and is extremely punishing if you somehow know how to play this game and solo a lot.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post

@OP the rating system will be made public pretty soon and will just confirm what we already found out : the system is broken and is extremely punishing if you somehow know how to play this game and solo a lot.
    Even so i believe that if player can understand the meaning of pvp. They will succeed and does not need the system or others to tell them what to do.

Xgame@deepwood

Also i solo all the time how come you notice that? Do i know you by chance?

Xgame@deepwood

I've seen nothing saying that the rating system will be made public.
    I've seen Trion say that we'll be able to see our ELO rating, but nothing about the system behind how it is calculated.

could you provide a link please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

According to Trion there is nothing wrong with the warfront queue system. Here is an excerpt from their email.

I greatly apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may be causing you, however we have been unable to identify any malfunction in regards to the warfront matchmaking system at this time. If you believe that there is still a bugged issue at hand, please send a support request to our Quality Assurance Team by using either one of these two steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsalot View Post
    According to Trion there is nothing wrong with the warfront queue system. Here is an excerpt from their email.
    broken by design.
    its failure is intended.

not only have they forced people who don't want to pvp into pvp, they've ensured they'll have a poor experience of it while there, thus ensuring there is no chance they might actually like it and ask for more.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Plane Walker

Thy links just says that they are working on letting you see your ELO rating, but nothing about the formula they use to determine your ELO.

No one knows if killing blows, kills, dps, heals, deaths, control point captured, soul recalling out, /afking out, and so on will have an impact on your ELO.

Based on the vast numbers of WFS I have been in and people complaining about ELO, everyone has the highest ELO and gets teamed with the lowest ELO players.

yes, I saw that.

it just tells us that we will be able to see our ELO.

it says nothing about telling us about the system behind it.

Once we can see our ELO, we can see it raise or lower based on our WF actions.

We will figure out the formula in a couple days once it is visible.

Rift Chaser

One thing to consider - if you run in good premades, you're going to win a lot - raising your ELO pretty high. Once you go back to solo queue, you're a lot more likely to lose until you stablilize around your natural ELO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsalot View Post
    Once we can see our ELO, we can see it raise or lower based on our WF actions.

We will figure out the formula in a couple days once it is visible.
    click flags and kill carriers = ELO goes up.

die lots and afk = ELO goes down.

I doubt you'll see your ELO move during a match. most likely it will be adjusted at the end, and you'll mostly already know if its going to move up or down. the details wont be so obvious, and not nearly as easy to pin down as you seem to think it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    One thing to consider - if you run in good premades, you're going to win a lot - raising your ELO pretty high. Once you go back to solo queue, you're a lot more likely to lose until you stabilize around your natural ELO.
    Where people go wrong is they think ELO is designed to help you manage win/loss when in fact it was designed to create competitive matches. I believe the initial hope was that by pairing up inexperienced with experience players that the newbies would learn from better players, but what happens instead is that the newer/unskilled/low-geared players are just cannon fodder for the better players. Unfortunately this also reduced the number of players able to complete objectives or defend positions (since they're always dead) making some matches near impossible to win with the remaining handful of competent players.

I've said it several times, I'm all in favor of a PvP starter bracket for newly minted 65s who have low prestige rank. Aside from reaching a certain prestige rank, have PvP achievements they must meet before "graduating" to normal play such as carrying the fang in BlackRock and destroying a node Karthan Ridge. Basically have an achievement for each objective of every WF map, that way they could never enter a PvP WF and not know what to do.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast