+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frenchdavid50

Thread: Trion, please hear my plea about Assassin

Soulwalker

Default Trion, please hear my plea about Assassin

I've been playing lots of Rogue in PVP and most recently, Assassin. I love the burst playstyle (I come from League of Legends) and I love the fact that none of the important abilities are cast-time or channeled. But one thing bothers me. Why does Assassin get Leaping Plunge at 58 when Bladedancer gets Flash of Steel, a near identical ability, 50 points earlier? This makes no sense! As an Assassin, being in range is direly important, I know this for a fact, but you have to wait 58 levels to get an ability that helps with it! And this, of course, brings up another important point. Trion designs tons of content for levels 60+ without thinking about gameplay before 60. Of course, when you're max level, unlocking abilities dosn't matter. But when you're still getting there, a logical course of unlocking is great. So please, Trion, push back Assassin's Leaping Plunge back at least 40 levels in order to make PVP easier for low-level Assassins who need gap-closing abilities to function.

Nah. Not necessary. Pick up a ranged finisher from sub-soul; pick up charge from bladedancer. Or just play for another week and get to level 58. Viola. Sin's have no problem in the low brackets from what I've seen.

Assassins did just fine in 1.x before leaping plunge even existed.

You literally have to put 15+ points in off-souls, anyway.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Rift Chaser

I agree with ONLY the last part.

low level pvp is impossible for a sin without leaping plunge or some sort of snare, which is missing from the assassin soul tree.

its either MM or NB.

Prophet of Telara

Sin doesnt have burst, most of its dmg comes from poisons which requires you to hit the target many times to achieve the high dmg.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Soulwalker

Yea I agree with the last part
    http://bestnrpics.gq/2/o.png

Unless the abilities changed, isn't the assassin version actually "better"? The Sin one is 30m and the BD one is 20m. The CD on the BD one is 15s, and the CD on the Sin one is like 8s.

That in lieu with the stealth utility tools a sin inherently gets that a BD doesn't. Always seemed kind of appropriate to me. Plus, as others said - if you really need a charge, make BD your sub-soul. Last I checked it's not like an absolute garage DPS plummet to use BD as a secondary soul for Sin.

A BD in stealth is going -30% speed with a ticking clock until stealth runs out. A sin can kind of promote the result of a BD running to battle and charging by doing a stealth open up. While a BD can open from stealth too. Gaining a stealth timer that doesn't run out (plan attacks smoother) and much faster movement (again, execute much smoother) I think topples the need to plant a charge so low in sin. Plus, then it would almost be too easy to get double charges on a lot of specs that frankly don't even need the charge and would just be a nuisance because of the steady root it throws down and range it has (the sin one).
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-23-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

Sin in low level works on some maps but not majority of time will be best spec to use as with any class. Personally it is more out of box spec that requires working the skirts and assaulting/defending objectives. If you are not doing this then you are playing soul wrong by not working with its strengths which is has PLENTY of even at low level.

I suggest you switch between bard, mm, ranger and sin or nb/sin for best results or go phys/rs for trolling most warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by mealfrog View Post
    I agree with ONLY the last part.

low level pvp is impossible for a sin without leaping plunge or some sort of snare, which is missing from the assassin soul tree.

its either MM or NB.
    There's a snare at 0 points in Sab. There's a spammable snare at 6 points in NB. There's a gap closer 11 points in RS. There's a gap closer 12 points in BD. There's a run speed buff at 0 points in MM.

This is the whole ****ing point of Rift's soul system. Why is everyone insistent on homogenisation? You can't put 76 points in one soul.

+ Reply to Thread