+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: Where are the old PvPers?

Soulwalker

Default Where are the old PvPers?

Say hi here.

GW2, World of Tanks....otherwise pretty much stopped playing anything remotely MMORpg-ish
    Elimination aka Gramps, formerly of MMAC, Squabs Squad, Mobile Death Squad,FoTM,Temporal Insurgence, Beep Beep Imma Jeep and Philanthropy

Champion

They all left when gear unification came into force and PVP became a simple marks run. Prestige was meaningless and TRION belived folks could loose their way to anything although they created the conditions and are still doing so like x number of kills in a warfront for a weekly. Little wonder that there are AFK leechers in warfronts let alone CQ. Oh and the penalty for leaving a WF is a joke compared to a NTE.

You will not find many if any dedicated PVPrs. TRION caters for the top 2% of PVE'rs. The gap between them and the rest of the population is immense. At the bottom of the rung is PVP. No one dedicated at all. For months they wouldn't even talk and when they did any improvements had to be fought for with a begging bowl. Matchmaking is appalling.

In an age where esports are really taking off you would think they would have seen there was something to be gained on the PVP side of things but it seems they are set on trivialising PVP simply because they take the view of their top PVE guild advisers. People have simply left.

Right here, throwing down hard with Blanka in Ultra Street Fighter IV. My Amazonian homeboy.

edit: so need to update the sig. Every month I make the last slew of highlights look like the easy ones.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-23-2015 at 04:39 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I expect this thread to be short.

It's true though give me pvp gear back. On another note the game is improving again only fix the pvp gear and I'm once again a happy costumer

Prophet of Telara

They're waiting for Echo of Souls or Balde & Soul ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by almarean View Post
    It's true though give me pvp gear back. On another note the game is improving again only fix the pvp gear and I'm once again a happy costumer
    Honestly, so long as Marauder+ gear is kept fairly balanced against NTE/Raid gear, I am happy with the way things are. The old PvP gear was too restricting: I wanted to try out some hunter rifts I came across a few times, but never could since I had low Hit. I had no intention of grinding for +hit gear so I completely missed out on that aspect of Rift. That is not an issue anymore.

Marauder+ gear is not yet where I want it to be: there is no skill-based way of attaining gear via PvP that could compete with Raid gear. I'd rather have Trion supply an ELO-based mark/reward system that could give 'raid-level' gear based on achievements and/or demonstrated skill. There have been a number of ideas bounced around in the past few months in that regard, hopefully Trion will take some of that into consideration.

A return to the pre-3.0 gear system is the worst idea out there regarding the current gearing issues.

Telaran

Default Just when I was getting good at the dance

Not sure where everyone went, but for sure they have left..in groves.
    just when I get good at the Hokey Pokey, Kronos leaves or at least doesn't log in any more.
    Figures.
    whats next?

I play a lot less but there is still some fun to be had here. The gear unification really torpedoed the health of pvp, all the lone wolves left and with them the counter to pm groups. The pms are fine and part of the game but since freeloaders could afk for gear in WFs, the games went to crap. The remaining tallent is so dilute that very rarely do we see balanced matches or fun games. It's usually either a blowout because I got on the pm side or a battle to get out of spawn. Still fun though, don't have to go far for a challenging fight, just jump out of spawn and there is an enemy raid waiting to teach me pvp...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    They all left when gear unification came into force and PVP became a simple marks run. Prestige was meaningless and TRION belived folks could loose their way to anything although they created the conditions and are still doing so like x number of kills in a warfront for a weekly. Little wonder that there are AFK leechers in warfronts let alone CQ. Oh and the penalty for leaving a WF is a joke compared to a NTE.

You will not find many if any dedicated PVPrs. TRION caters for the top 2% of PVE'rs. The gap between them and the rest of the population is immense. At the bottom of the rung is PVP. No one dedicated at all. For months they wouldn't even talk and when they did any improvements had to be fought for with a begging bowl. Matchmaking is appalling.

In an age where esports are really taking off you would think they would have seen there was something to be gained on the PVP side of things but it seems they are set on trivialising PVP simply because they take the view of their top PVE guild advisers. People have simply left.
    100% - the names on my friends list that no longer light up is beyond ******ed.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Honestly, so long as Marauder+ gear is kept fairly balanced against NTE/Raid gear, I am happy with the way things are. The old PvP gear was too restricting: I wanted to try out some hunter rifts I came across a few times, but never could since I had low Hit. I had no intention of grinding for +hit gear so I completely missed out on that aspect of Rift. That is not an issue anymore.

Marauder+ gear is not yet where I want it to be: there is no skill-based way of attaining gear via PvP that could compete with Raid gear. I'd rather have Trion supply an ELO-based mark/reward system that could give 'raid-level' gear based on achievements and/or demonstrated skill. There have been a number of ideas bounced around in the past few months in that regard, hopefully Trion will take some of that into consideration.

A return to the pre-3.0 gear system is the worst idea out there regarding the current gearing issues.
    "The old PvP gear was too restricting"

thats a load if BS and you know it.i was able to do anything i wanted to do in my old pvp gear except for raiding.they cant even and dont want = gear in wfs let alone open world.this balanced gear that you and everyone keeps talking about only applies in wfs and even there most raid gear is better.you step foot outside of a wf where relic gear is not boosted down and the gear gap is bigger then it ever was.

yea yeah i know it does not fit your argument so pvers only talk about gear in wfs,no open wolrd stuff like pvp dailys.wow could you imagine decked out raiders running around doing pvp daily's against war frotn geared players,lol.

i said it before and i will say it again.if your liking the gear change its because your are either a pver, a pver that likes to pvp from time to time, or a pvper that has/in with a pvp guild that can get him raid gear.after reading your comment about you wanting to pve/do rifts ects,i think that proves my point.
    Last edited by butkus; 03-23-2015 at 10:18 AM.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by impactnow View Post
    Not sure where everyone went, but for sure they have left..in groves.
    just when I get good at the Hokey Pokey, Kronos leaves or at least doesn't log in any more.
    Figures.
    whats next?
    i talked to kronos the other day and he told me the reason why he has not been logging in.i guess him and his trusty pet dingo were feeding his pet crocs their lunch as he normally does.during this time someone "most likely someone who plays a rogue" slipped some Deadly nightshade "a real plant" into his fosters beer. needless to say he drank the fosters and got a little sick.fear not he told me hes fine and will be back online soon.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Dude, he is lucky. Nightshade is almost impossible to determine doses of at times and I've read stories about people in their 20's and 30's dying from heart attacks induced by that species of plant (that general class of drugs it belongs to is very rough on the heart) . Hallucinating is one thing, Nightshade can make you down-right delirious. Hope he's fine from that ordeal. A proper dose of that and you are not living on this planet for 24+ hours. Probably even in my wildest days, the one thing I would never touch even given a million chances.

On a side note, the thing that is too bad about when people leave a game. It's a gamble. You can say that if you improve it they will come back. But, those are mostly the people who fail to really fill the void this game filled. They could make this game better than what it was when I played but, unfortunately, having disconnected myself so long and discovering new games that addict me, I don't think it could topple the fun I am having now. I have a handful of contact though with some people who were pretty PvP focused in this game. A lot of them have somewhat admitted to fully quitting MMOs. Another I keep contact with doesn't even want to touch Rift anymore, said he has played too much Quakelive and Left 4 Dead to enjoy what Rift was altogether. I've ignited a childhood addiction, good luck diffusing that one.

If this game didn't require so much progression to get to a even standing ground, it would be totally rad to log in time to time. But - this game is work, and to maintain what I deem a happy state within the game requires logging in daily. I take 3 days off SFIV and it's straight. Take 3 days off Rift and you used to think about all the dailies you missed, daily reward boxes, time to finish weeklies, (in older days) your CQ power dropping. It's a train that has no time to stop if you are the type who can't tolerate being mid-range when you know you can touch the ceiling. Quitting a game and missing it is one thing. Quitting a game and feeling like, in hindsight, you have a load off your shoulders...err...I'd question myself in engaging in that type of "game" again.

Good memories were had in this MMO and my past one. But, even a casual game like Rift takes up a good bit of time. Never mind experience with junk like Eq2 where being top end meant waking up to phone calls from guildies at 4am to kill open world mobs before others, or calling off multiple dinners to keep a 90%+ raid attendance and not have my loot drop. Least in Eq2 I could take a break, knowing my source of everything came from those raid boxes. Rift truly makes it a compelling case to log in everyday unless you want to fall behind in basic perception of your progression to power.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-23-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

SWTOR.

Pvp gear progression with no weekly currency limits

Open world pvp (Yavin & Tatooine provide it consistently on pvp servers) with Planetary Conquest & the Gree event encouraging the activity- and the "Smuggler's Den"- a 24 hour pvp zone where EVERYONE not in your party is your enemy

Ranked pvp leagues for those interested (season 4 almost over, season 5 this summer)

Healing in a good state, not "OP" yet extremely viable (and necessary for a ranked composition)

Lots of players (December, Bioware established there were currently over 1 million active accounts)

Overall class balance good (ALL classes viable for regular warzones, some classes have slight advantages in arenas according to public perception- and ranked games are NOT required, just an option)

Bioware just doubled its SWTOR developer staff, in preparation for the attention the new movies will draw- can only mean good things on the horizon in my opinion

Melee & ranged specs both viable, create a much more dynamic environment to pvp than the "rangapalooza" experience of Rift in 3.0

Galactic Starfighter- fast paced starship pvp (not my cup of tea, but I have friends who sub just for this content)

A place where factions actually mean something

Oh, and one more thing: HUTTBALL (imagine rugby on a field full of deathtraps with participants carrying weapons)

And plenty of the pve stuff too for those interested

WARNING: although it is free to try out, your SWTOR experience is best with subscription ($29 every 2 months, and the Cartel Market (similar to Riftstore) has nothing required to excel in any aspect of the game (cosmetic gear, mounts, etc) but as a casual experience F2P is fine

I'll definitely return to Rift if it regains aspects which appeal to me, but until then I'm content to just visit on occasion to say hi to friends

And if anyone is on SWTOR server Jung Ma (RP/PVP server is hilarious) send a shout out to me- Kriziun (mercenary bounty hunter) & Syriis (Sith warrior juggernaut) both level 60, geared to the teeth and having a blast!

P.S. Miss you people, best of luck in the future with both your gaming and real life endeavors!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast