+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Help with PVP ?

Soulwalker

Default Help with PVP ?

Hey there, I am wondering why am i Always queed in (i don't want to be rude) with bad players ?
    I have around (on 2 characters) 100 Random WF and i only won about 10~15 of them
    My team seems to be (Let's say 20 People) 1supp<-- Me, 1healer (Random) and 18 DPS most of them Rogues.
    While the enemy team has 3-5 Rogues and rest is Cleric/Warrior Mages
    In around 70% Of the matches they don't even try to go for the Flag/Egg's or whatever map we are playing on,
    And on CQ i always end up in the Loosing team no matter when i join, i always Lose
    Am i just so unlucky or what?

Soulwalker

You are experiencing what some people in Rift may refer to as "Fernand Syndrome" with a touch of bad queue dynamics for pvp. There is no known cure, but if it gets to epic levels, you might get an NPC named after you...

Salut!
    Levi

You only get an NPC named after you if you are a troll. If you do things calmly and correctly you get nothing.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Krzno View Post
    Hey there, I am wondering why am i Always queed in (i don't want to be rude) with bad players ?
    I have around (on 2 characters) 100 Random WF and i only won about 10~15 of them
    My team seems to be (Let's say 20 People) 1supp<-- Me, 1healer (Random) and 18 DPS most of them Rogues.
    In around 70% Of the matches they don't even try to go for the Flag/Egg's or whatever map we are playing on,
    And on CQ i always end up in the Loosing team no matter when i join, i always Lose
    Welcome to the rift pvp inexperience! You are not the only one to suffer from this affliction! There is no known cure! It will kill you...repeatedly!

Pvp is rift is laughable at best and a failure on a colossal scale. It is totally unbalanced and unorganized. Its the only thing in which you can have a statically 50% chance to win and commonly lose 90% of the time( my personal record is 12 WFs, no wins). It gets worse as you go up in levels and at 65 its just horrid.

Why horrid at 65? Because its no longer based on level and everyone doesnt just have "get me by" gear. You have raiders in godly gear and new 65s in level 60-64 blues and greens fighting. And the raiders gear has twice or better the stats of the new 65s making for mass murder. But this imbalance isnt the only problem. Other problems with warfronts lie in the people...

1) People dont want to do objectives, They dont want to guard cause thats boring, they wont play a healer cause thats boring, etc.

2) They dont know how to focus fire or CC.

3) They dont worry about the other team doing something that is going to allow them to win,... they just want to shoot people.

4) They want to stand 40 meters apart instead of in a group and scream about how our healers suck.

In general its the stupidity and laziness and the " im to self important to do something to actually help my side" mentality of people that causes you to lose.

I use to play an MMO that in a pvp instance everyone was given the exact same gear( stat wise). It was called battle gear. So the fighting was based completely on the skill of the players not on the gear levels. While the idea seemed good... it made it kind of boring.

If you want to do anything as a group in this game and be successful you need to join a guild and do it with guildmates.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorian View Post
    In general its the stupidity and laziness and the " im to self important to do something to actually help my side" mentality of people that causes you to lose.
    No its not. Its 100% trions fault. People can only try for so long before giving up.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...king-work.html

This thread will explain it to you, for the most part.

Smile

Most of the time how i win my war fronts is carrying my team by dpsing or healing. Depending on others just lack in dps and heals. Find your way to play and contribute to the team and win Players who just run premade all the time lack the experience of doing things by themself and that makes them not being able to do things on their own. Become legendary like me friends hope to see ya in game <3

Xgame@deepwood

Title known as: Xgame The Legendary Rogue

Some people have bad experience but keep a decent 50/50 win rate. For me its a bit different.

Day 1: won 2 lost 9
    Day 2: won 1 lost 11
    Day 3: won 2 lost 12

So far I managed 1 win for guns this week.

I have contacted GMs like 5 times, nothing but a "we've forwarded to devs" response. You have no idea how hard it is for me not to curse out the devs and post horrible horrible forum messages. I am surprised I have only been banned once.

The most I do though is not tell any of my friends about the game. And if I see any posts about this game on other mmo forums I am sure to let them know how bad it is.

Voting with my wallet, maybe that will help fix pvp.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsalot View Post
    No its not. Its 100% trions fault. People can only try for so long before giving up.
    I will agree with you in part. Trion needs to better balance WFs so teams are not so lopsided. Its no fun, for me at least, to play in a lopsided warfront no matter what side im playing on.

But a lot of it is on the players too. I see players all the time pass objectives up, they dont know pick up stones, cap flags, or guard anything. I see players fighting other players in the most random spots that serve no benefit for the warfront or their teammates. Today i even had someone pick up a stone in KR and was running around with it for 5 minutes and finally asked... what do i do with this? then died.

I noticed in CQ players are a little better at following objectives and actually trying to do something. If you can get someone to lead, people tend to follow. However the same doesnt apply to WF. I guess people that do WF have never done anything that requires group cooperation to succeed.

Ascendant

Are you keeping a record of wins/losses? I don't trust most of the vague estimates I see from disgruntled PvPers, as they tend to be inaccurate and influenced by selective memory. Those who do keep objective records tend to report a win/loss ration somewhere between 40-60%, getting closer to 50% the larger the sample size.

Losing streaks do exist, but they tend to be the product of short-term factors such as poorly-matched premades dominating a rotation. That kind of losing streak can be easily dealt with by either moving out of the rotation (by delaying the queue to the next warfront by 10 or so minutes), or queueing to specific warfronts to avoid the premades. It would be nice if the match-making system were robust enough to take care of this problem without the player resorting to such tricks, but it isn't. As such, you as a player have the choice to adapt or get rolled.

I actually enjoy one-healer matches. Of course, I happen to be that healer so if the heals suck I only have myself to blame. If the DPS is good the match will likely be a win. If it is bad, no amount of healing will make a difference.

In around 70% Of the matches they don't even try to go for the Flag/Egg's or whatever map we are playing on
    It helps to point out the importance of certain objectives right before the match. Letting people know that the flag is worth 150 points in Antechamber greatly increases the chances of people actually supporting me when I steal the flag. Similarly, telling people to grab eggs and get to centre in Ghar Station matches greatly increases the chances of them doing so - believe it or not, some people are playing under the misconception that you need to take the egg to a Manugo station in order to get any points. Combat ignorance before the match starts.

Get on a premade or don't bother. It has been well over a month since I queued up for Conquest.

Prophet of Telara

Take a note on which hours you're playing and try playing later or earlier to check if it makes any difference for you. Keep in mind that for any decent testing you will have to do around 100 games in specific time frame as ~10 winning / losing streak can happen and it's nothing special.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

My ratios are fine until wed/thursday primetime, then I get all the premades of raiders cheesing wins.

Soulwalker

Plane Touched

It also depends at what time do you play, I noticed that some times of the day, there are consistantly very few people playing, and there seem to be 1-2 PMs runing vs like 7 pugs. Thats it. Somehow, via bad trion design or some sort of exploit / hack, whatever, the result is always same, the PMs are always on same side, vs the pugs on the other.

During NA prime time seems to be best play because it has most people playing thus most randomized ques, so the ratio averages to stay within 40%-60% win/loss on any given week. But when you go into the off-hours with PMs running, you're just completely screwed if you solo que. Double that if its those guys that always double PM que on same side.

Anyone else find it ironic that Elo was supposed to have been insituted to prevent blowouts but because of how they factor PMs it pretty much guarantees them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast