+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: KB's go the player who did the most dmg most of the time

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    55

    Default KB's go the player who did the most dmg most of the time

    instead of the player who actually delivered the "killing blow" I guess this is one of the reasons they don't have the K/D as part of the recorded public stats. It all makes sense now, I mean its become more obvious after hitting lvl 65.

    For example, if I shoot a bolt across the screen, knowing to myself as soon as it hits the enemy is going to die, and its going to be the "killing blow", and the enemy dies as soon as it hits and shows my dmg bubble.... I should get the KB stat! not the guy who did more dmg on enemy and got the kb on scoreboard because he had dots on him at the time. I mean its so obvious.

    I feel the game has better character builds and I like the pvp better then tera and wow. But **** like this makes it seem like a fraud. It really seems like the game rewards players with the bigger grind and money then they do gaming talent when in actual play.

    I guess like how so many nerd carebears cry about public k/d and w/l stats. And how these nerd devs think thats going to turn off players and are afraid to show it, when it makes no diff and one can argue it would actually attract players!!, They must also be catering to players who cry about kill stealers....
    Last edited by Coolnight; 03-19-2015 at 03:02 AM.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    I guess I never noticed this, but then I pretty much consider the scoreboard as a useless ego stroking device which contributes to the tunnel vision of so many people just trying to get high numbers on it, rather than actually trying to do the objectives and win.

  3. #3
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronung View Post
    I guess I never noticed this, but then I pretty much consider the scoreboard as a useless ego stroking device which contributes to the tunnel vision of so many people just trying to get high numbers on it, rather than actually trying to do the objectives and win.
    Or don't be terrible and top objectives and kbs.

    Also op that's a terrible idea. getting kbs takes skill. If it was as simple as you say people doing crappy damage would have more lucky kbs. Good players save and time their burst or target swap to ensure the target dies. If you are good you will get high kbs every match regardless of a few lucky last hits from others

    Actually now I don't know what you are saying
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 03-19-2015 at 04:16 AM.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    55

    Default

    imo you both sound like carebear nerds. Which is the reason why they don't record K/D and W/L in the first place.

    But you confirm my point. Dmg done should have no affect on KB's at all... but it seems trion caters to your type. Which is why this industry is dying.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Oh no,I have been called a "carebear nerd" (whatever that means) by someone on the internet!! How shall I ever recover from this?!?

  6. #6
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolnight View Post
    imo you both sound like carebear nerds. Which is the reason why they don't record K/D and W/L in the first place.

    But you confirm my point. Dmg done should have no affect on KB's at all... but it seems trion caters to your type. Which is why this industry is dying.
    KB goes to last hit lol. I thought you were saying you wanted it to go to most dmg. Sounds like you are just bad and unable to land kbs consistently
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 03-19-2015 at 04:50 AM.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    KB goes to last hit lol. I thought you were saying you wanted it to go to most dmg. Sounds like you are just bad and unable to land kbs consistently
    It doesn't always though thats my point. At first I thought maybe someone was just hitting the enemy at the same time as me. But it happens too often. and It can't be an out of sync animation, because it shows the dmg bubble, and its the enemies dying animation, as well as the other player attacking him, that would have to be out of sync at the same time and I don't think thats the case either. Plus if I know the enemy is going to die from the move before I throw it, its painfully obvious something is not right.

    Try reading my post for a 3rd time and maybe you will finally comprehend what I'm saying.

    "For example, if I shoot a bolt across the screen, knowing to myself if it hits, the enemy is going to die, and the enemy dies as soon as it hits and shows my dmg bubble.... I should get the Killing Blow stat! not the guy who did more dmg on enemy and got the kb on scoreboard because he had dots on him at the time. I mean its so obvious."
    Last edited by Coolnight; 03-19-2015 at 05:13 AM.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolnight View Post
    It doesn't always though thats my point. At first I thought maybe someone was just hitting the enemy at the same time as me. It can't be an out of sync animation, because it shows the dmg bubble, and its the enemies dying animation that would have to be out of sync and I don't believe thats the case anymore.

    Try reading my post for a 3rd time and maybe you will finally comprehend what I'm saying.

    "For example, if I shoot a bolt across the screen, knowing to myself as soon as it hits the enemy is going to die, and its going to be the "killing blow", and the enemy dies as soon as it hits and shows my dmg bubble.... I should get the KB stat! not the guy who did more dmg on enemy and got the kb on scoreboard because he had dots on him at the time. I mean its so obvious."
    KB goes to the person who lands the killing blow. What you're seeing is your bolt hit, then the dot tick a final time killing the person. The bolt is taking them to near 0 at the same time the dot ticks to finish them off. Don't go by the visuals, get ACT and use it to parse out the actual data.

    This is why Assassins hate Pyros, because Pyros can steal KBs from them by landing a last second burst.
    Last edited by Tollwutig; 03-19-2015 at 05:14 AM.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    KB goes to the person who lands the killing blow. What you're seeing is your bolt hit, then the dot tick a final time killing the person. The bolt is taking them to near 0 at the same time the dot ticks to finish them off. Don't go by the visuals, get ACT and use it to parse out the actual data.

    This is why Assassins hate Pyros, because Pyros can steal KBs from them by landing a last second burst.
    What is ACT?

    So your saying the dot happens to tick at the same time? I dunno man. At first I also thought maybe people were hitting them at the same time as me....but it just happens too often. What are the chances? After a while you get to know when one of your moves is going to finish someone off, and I don't know why a wf would feel any different then a duel. Including the visuals. Especially when your prediction becomes true.

    I know sometimes, I will do a move that hits a guy, but I am late on it. I still see the animation, hear the sound, and see it hit. But because I didn't get that crit damage bubble, and also because the timing of the killing blow announcement on screen from the time the move hit, I can tell when it wasn't truly mine.

    But Everything about video games is hand eye coordination, muscle memory, and timing. It becomes second nature, and this isn't feeling right at all because its happening way too much.
    Last edited by Coolnight; 03-19-2015 at 05:39 AM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolnight View Post
    What is ACT?

    So your saying the dot happens to tick at the same time? I dunno man. At first I also thought maybe people were hitting them at the same time as me....but it just happens too often.

    After a while you get to know when one of your moves is going to finish someone off, Similar to how it feels in a duel. Everything about video games is hand eye coordination, muscle memory, and timing. It becomes second nature, and this isn't feeling right at all.
    Sounds like a skill issue. I have no problem getting kbs

  11. #11
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    My first suggestion is to stop using traveling bolts to try to land a kb, save your instas. I am often accused of stealing kbs because my damage I lower but kbs significantly higher than others in some matches. That is simply because I am so highly skilled at timing, switching, cc and target choice I don't sit there and blow 100k dmg on a healer getting crosshealed like other players I see. I see this guy hundreds in a match the other day with 1mil dmg 4-2 final score and 1 mil healing received from his bot and just shake my head at wtf he was doing as an mm with stats that terrible in a game his team won easy and had lots of team kills. Like l2save instas bro and stop using casted shots on targets under 10%
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 03-19-2015 at 05:40 AM.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    My first question would be to stop using traveling bolts to try to land a kb, save your instas. I am often accused of stealing kbs because my damage I lower but kbs significantly higher than others in some matches. That is simply because I am so highly skilled at timing, switching, cc and target choice I don't sit there and blow 100k dmg on a healer getting crosshealed like other players I see. I see this guy hundreds in a match the other day with 1mil dmg 4-2 final score and 1 mil healing received from his bot and just shake my head at wtf he was doing as an mm with stats that terrible in a game his team won easy and had lots of team kills. Like l2save instas bro and stop using casted shots on targets under 10%
    another typical you just suck post, without reading anything I've posted. You misinterpreted my first post 2 times, and I don't even think you just read my last one.... too funny and suspect.

    To humor you, at 60-64 I didn't have this problem. And yes, i would get lots more KB's then guys doing double, or even triple my dmg. But I think the main difference was....I wasn't so severely under geared compared to the majority of the players as I am now because I at least had full lvl 60 warlord. I now really feel like that was as much a factor as actual gameplay on the field. I literally started thinking that the old gear was better then the new gear. And probably the reason in that bracket i could get way more KB's then alot of guys who were doing way more dmg. Something is just very off now at 65.

    In fact I remember one guy asking to group with me, and he kept bragging he could do more dmg me, but I was saying I only care about KB's, and I ended up getting more KB's then him even though he lead in dmg. I was also able to constanlty beat him in a duel, So I understand what your trying to say, but you have me figured wrong. It feels so off now I wonder if my account was maliciously bugged lol.

    As I said everything is about muscle memory and timing. And you just know when things are supposed to happen. And the easiest way to tell is the time the crit dmg bubble and killing blow sound and announcement show on screen. I find it hard to believe, that unlike in the 60-64 bracket, I am now just constantly hitting a player at the exact same time someone else is or their dot ticks.
    Last edited by Coolnight; 03-19-2015 at 06:03 AM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolnight View Post
    another typical you just suck post, without reading anything I've posted. You misinterpreted my first post 2 times, and I don't even think you just read my last one.... too funny and suspect.

    To humor you, at 60-64 I didn't have this problem. And yes, i would get lots more KB's then guys doing double, or even triple my dmg. But I think the main difference was....I wasn't so severely under geared compared to the majority of the players as I am now because I at least had full lvl 60 warlord. I now really feel like that was as much a factor as actual gameplay on the field. I literally started thinking that the old gear was better then the new gear. And probably the reason in that bracket i could get way more KB's then alot of guys who were doing way more dmg. Something is just very off now at 65.

    In fact I remember one guy asking to group with me, and he kept bragging he could do more dmg me, but I was saying I only care about KB's, and I ended up getting more KB's then him even though he lead in dmg. I was also able to constanlty beat him in a duel, So I understand what your trying to say, but you have me figured wrong. It feels so off now I wonder if my account was maliciously bugged lol.

    As I said everything is about muscle memory and timing. And you just know when things are supposed to happen. And the easiest way to tell is the time the crit dmg bubble and killing blow sound and announcement show on screen. I find it hard to believe, that unlike in the 60-64 bracket, I am now just constantly hitting a player at the exact same time someone else is or their dot ticks.
    Diffence is in 65 bracket more people play good specs and know what they are doing. I could get high kbs on bard in low brackets. Welcome to 65 pvp. You're not bugged just not as good as you think you are

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolnight View Post
    another typical you just suck post, without reading anything I've posted. You misinterpreted my first post 2 times, and I don't even think you just read my last one.... too funny and suspect.
    sorry, but your skill is DEFINITELY in question here. we've explained to you that "THE PERSON WHOSE SKILL HITS LAST ON A DYING PLAYER WILL GET THE K/B"... it doesnt matter if you did 100k damage on the player or 10, if your skill hit last, then you get a k/b, else, NO.

    why do warlords and reavers get a high k/b (generally speaking) ? when you have 4 dots ticking on a player every second (reaver) and a pulsing AOE around you (warlord), ppl get hit, and since they're ticking so damned fast, they have a higher chance of landing the last hit.

    TL;DR : learn to play, you're not the only one hitting a player, and the scoreboard is sortof useless if you're a skilled player. (only good for marking healers)

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    ACT= Advanced Combat Tracker

    http://advancedcombattracker.com/

    You have to enable combat logging and set it up, but once you learn how you can determine every hit in a fight, learn what killed you, what hit you the hardest, etc.

    Also combat animations have been wonky for the past few patches, there are a couple of threads on it in general forums.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts