+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Chloromancer Healing in PVP - Help needed !

Default Chloromancer Healing in PVP - Help needed !

I am really struggling trying to make this work. Is there a PVP guide anywhere that I may study ? I cannot seem to find one (with information I do not already posses), and I am already sick of being called a worthless mage healer. Even in pve I catch flak for having the audacity to q as a chloro healer (I dont understand it either, I do really well in pve with it).

In warfronts I am either ignored and lack the output to keep semi focused friendlies even remotely healthy or i am focused and die insanely quickly even through my major cds. I really hope most of my problems are operator error and not just this spec being weak.

I have tried all of these different combinations of builds for pvp, any help would be welcomed.

This build had a lot more survivability and sucked really bad at healing. http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#G...AGl4/Wk10|TIXg

This build seemed meh at surviving and meh at healing.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#g...BiAGl4/W8|TIXg

My Pve build, the heals are ok but I am made out of glass.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#g...BiAGl4/S8|TIXg

I have tried many many more combinations all with what I feel are lackluster results.

My stats ;

http://i.imgur.com/AlV5rrL.jpg With NA my Sp is ~ 11500

I know my gear is not very good and that could be causing a lot of my issues with output. I am using synthesis pretty well (I think) and I really feel like I am managing my cool downs fairly well. I cannot cast very often or I die, if I do not cast really often my team dies.
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

Reroll a cleric, chloros are mostly garbage in randoms. I see some do well but they usually que with another healer or two. Most are just a waste of space on the team.

Ascendant

The Chloromancer has the distinction of being one of the most difficult healing souls to master for PvP. It is easy enough to get decent AoE heals in zerg situations, but most people suffer from the Chloro's low survivability.

Firstly, what synergy crystal are you using, and do you primarily AoE heal or ST heal?? Having the right synergy crystal makes a huge difference for the Chloro.

Secondly, the 61/10/5 Chloro/SC/Arb spec is likely the best one. It is the one I use. Ride the Wind will be your best survival skill, as getting out of root and out of range and/or line-of-sight of your attackers is the best way for the Chloro to survive. You should be retreating as soon as you start taking significant damage: get out of range and either keep running away (if you are still taking damage) or return to the battle and reposition (if you are not taking damage). Mastering positioning and retreating will have the highest impact on your survival and healing output.

As for healing output in general: do try to get Corrosive Spores off on a cluster of enemies if possible. The healing output of CS with the proper synergy crystal is ridiculously high.

Self-heal macro:
    - break free (optional)
    - healing torrent
    - bloom
    - revitalize
    - AoE cleanse
    - ST cleanse
    - natural healing

This macro is usually used while running/repositioning. Healing Torrent and Natural Healing only cast if you are standing still.

I'll post a video tonight that demonstrates repositioning and retreating.

Edit: accommodating the macro elitists.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 03-19-2015 at 12:35 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    Reroll a cleric, chloros are mostly garbage in randoms. I see some do well but they usually que with another healer or two. Most are just a waste of space on the team.
    Rubbish. Good Chloros regularly top the healing charts in my PuG matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Rubbish. Good Chloros regularly top the healing charts in my PuG matches.
    I cant take any pvper who macros break free seriously

Gear is most of your problem. In that kind of gear you're going to have trouble staying alive on any type of healer (well, maybe not Puri). Chloro in particular requires a bit of gear before it becomes capable, because it relies heavily on its large HP pool for survivability.

- You absolutely must have 10 Stormcaller. Ride the Wind is the most important survivability tool for Chloro. Your second build (10 SC / 5 Arb) is what I use, except I swap the points in Tactical Knowledge into Hardened Soul for the extra HP. The 5% mitigation from SC + 3% from Arbiter is very important.

- You should change your level 61 Mastery; Bulwark of Souls is not very important for PvP, as Radiant Spores often gets cleansed and isn't a particularly important source of healing. I'd recommend Overflowing Vitality or Arcanist's Shield.

- Your level 62 Mastery needs to be Healing Exigency: Chloro only has 30m range, and that extra 5m is a MUST for PvP. Additionally, having a 100% chance for your next Bloom or Healing Torrent to crit on you after you receive a crit is pretty significant.

- Your level 63 Mastery should be Mental Cynosure; the extra cleanse is very handy. Move speed isn't that important for PvP (and you have Ride the Wind when it is!), since Chloro is very immobile, and Natural Splendour is an interruptable 8s channel and quite weak in PvP.

- Make an effort to learn about other classes. A well-timed Rift Tomb, Panacea, or LOS can largely negate the burst of very powerful souls like Nightblade or Pyro.

- Boon of Life stacks are very important; use Void Life. Create kalerts for BOL, Living Aegis, and Aqueous Blessing. A single purge from an Inq or MM will take off your AB and LA, which is 10% of your HP and 10% of your healing!

- Don't rely on LGV. LGV is only situationally useful, and it's not even worth using a GCD to switch to LGV when you need to heal yourself. Swap Synth a lot to keep your teammates alive, because Chloro needs its team to use as meatshields. DO. NOT. FACETANK.

- Get your Savant's synergy crystal ASAP.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 03-18-2015 at 05:21 PM.

What are those macros?
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 03-18-2015 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Gear is most of your problem. In that kind of gear you're going to have trouble staying alive on any type of healer (well, maybe not Puri). Chloro in particular requires a bit of gear before it becomes capable, because it relies heavily on its large HP pool for survivability.

- You absolutely must have 10 Stormcaller. Ride the Wind is the most important survivability tool for Chloro. Your second build (10 SC / 5 Arb) is what I use, except I swap the points in Tactical Knowledge into Hardened Soul for the extra HP. The 5% mitigation from SC + 3% from Arbiter is very important.

- You should change your level 61 Mastery; Bulwark of Souls is not very important for PvP, as Radiant Spores often gets cleansed and isn't a particularly important source of healing. I'd recommend Overflowing Vitality or Arcanist's Shield.

- Your level 62 Mastery needs to be Healing Exigency: Chloro only has 30m range, and that extra 5m is a MUST for PvP. Additionally, having a 100% chance for your next Bloom or Healing Torrent to crit on you after you receive a crit is pretty significant.

- Your level 63 Mastery should be Mental Cynosure; the extra cleanse is very handy. Move speed isn't that important for PvP (and you have Ride the Wind when it is!), since Chloro is very immobile, and Natural Splendour is an interruptable 8s channel and quite weak in PvP.

- Make an effort to learn about other classes. A well-timed Rift Tomb, Panacea, or LOS can largely negate the burst of very powerful souls like Nightblade or Pyro.

- Boon of Life stacks are very important; use Void Life. Create kalerts for BOL, Living Aegis, and Aqueous Blessing. A single purge from an Inq or MM will take off your AB and LA, which is 10% of your HP and 10% of your healing!

- Don't rely on LGV. LGV is only situationally useful, and it's not even worth using a GCD to switch to LGV when you need to heal yourself. Swap Synth a lot to keep your teammates alive, because Chloro needs its team to use as meatshields. DO. NOT. FACETANK.

- Get your Savant's synergy crystal ASAP.
    Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread !

This post in particular had some very useful stuff, I appreciate it very much ! Working on that crystal.

Keep the info coming, I am all ears.
    Open World PVP !

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    What are those macros?
    Most of them are mouseover macros.
    Open World PVP !

For Synth swapping, get Synthesis Spy, it's invaluable.

I see that you have Gadgets. That's good. Make sure you've got a Rangefinder Gadget set up, it's good for out-ranging DPS that are focusing you when you need to, and making sure you're in range of enemies to heal when you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Head View Post
    Most of them are mouseover macros.
    Okay, mouseovers are fine, but in general other macros are a bad idea (I don't see Vile Spores on your bar at all, nor Nature's Cleansing, which is why I asked). The reason is that your damaging abilities all have different effects, especially when you're healing with Synthesis. For example:
    • Corrosive Spores: no travel time instant heal for a very large amount (equal to Nature's Touch) with a DOT that procs LBV every second for an increased amount on your Synth target.
    • Nature's Touch: travel time spell with very large heal (equal to Corrosive Spores) that's on a 1s GCD with 3 stacks of Boon of Life, and is instant at 5 stacks.
    • Ruin: travel time that does a significant heal (about half of NT/CS) on initial hit, and then heals for the same amount on the first DOT tick 2 seconds later.

A lot of people tend to macro these together and that's a very bad idea, because it reduces the amount of control you have over what you're doing. For instance, if your target is about to die when you swap your Synth to them, and your macro fires Ruin or NT instead of CS, then your target dies when you could have saved them (since CS has no travel). Another thing people like to do is macro Cleansing Rush to Nature's Cleansing, but what happens when you only want to cleanse Countdown, you hit your macro and blow your AOE cleanse, and then Mass Betrayal drops on your group? You've got at least 8 seconds before you can AOE cleanse again.

It's also common to see Chloros who separate their damaging abilities into "single target" and "AOE" macros depending on if they're in LBV or LGV, and this is a bad idea as well -- you need flexibility in PvP. For instance, while using Vile Spores is higher HPS output while in LGV, it's also true that if you don't get that 2s cast off then you do no healing at all and build no Boon of Life stacks. Sometimes you might want to just hit Void Life to get a bit of healing off while you build some BOL to throw a Healing Torrent on yourself; it's very likely that if you're taking damage, you're also being interrupted frequently.

These are the sort of nuances that give Chloro the highest skill cap for probably any soul in PvP right now, and certainly of any healing soul. A lot of people struggle to adapt and use abilities in unconventional ways, or in ways that they're told not to in a guide somewhere.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 03-18-2015 at 06:04 PM.

You should start noticing a difference one you hit around 12k-12.5k+ sp. Spend some plat on the fine and detailed runes if all slots aren't runed.

Rift Chaser

You need lots more spell power, about 6k more than what you have. Collect a marauder set of all high main stat and SP. Take note that gearing this way will gimp you for a few DPS specs.

You also want to determine if you want Mystic crystal for beast AOE heal....or Savant crystal for beast ST heal.

And while you do that, add me in game Stormchild@Deepwood. I'll help show you some tricks.

EDIT: and the reasoning behind stacking SP, is because, as Truunks said you will want to go 10 into SC....and 5 into Harb....giving you 20% extra gear-based SP
    Last edited by Stormchild; 03-18-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Self-heal macro:
    - break free
    - healing torrent
    - bloom
    - revitalize
    - AoE cleanse
    - ST cleanse
    - natural healing
    I love it when players put their break free at the top of a macro.

one root or snare and there goes the break free and here comes the stun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Thanks again for the replies guys and gals.

@ Ianto Jones , I will be picking up the synthesis addon. Vile spores and Cleansing Waters are on the right in the picture. Both of these are on naga binds, vile spores is also in my macro on the #2 key, typically I will always have have a solo version of a spell that I frequently use in a macro. My cleansing waters macro is a @mouseover @group1 @group2 etc. etc. etc. macro, It spams the hell out of chat but works really really well.

Working on the void stones to get the crystal.

For gearing should I just start looking for raids or try to upgrade the gear I have and what I can pick up in dungeons. I have not really raided since the end of Wotlk, raids are ok when they are every once in a while but I really dislike "raiding", I already have a job.

What is the best course of action for obtaining gear ?
    Last edited by Kat Head; 03-18-2015 at 07:59 PM. Reason: fix typo
    Open World PVP !

Ascendant

I love when people who don't play Chloro presume to know better than experienced Chloros. Go ahead and don't take me seriously, your opinion does not really have an impact on me.

The Chloro's primary break free is Ride the Wind. That does not go on any macro. To survive being seriously targeted you retreat while spamming the 'oh ****' macro and save RtW for any additional CC. Or you pop RtW first to break out of Root and let you Break Free handle the next CC coming your way.

Kudos to you if you keep your Break Free off you 'oh ****' macro and have the reaction time and reflexes to use it in time to save your bacon. I, however, have found that putting it in the macro has led to better survivability.

If you don't have anything of worth to contribute, go troll elsewhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast