+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Save your PvP Boxes

Default Save your PvP Boxes

PvPers,

Save all your PvP boxes because the gear drop rate is being doubled with the upcoming hotfix according to this post.

Happy Hunting
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

Ascendant

Well, I currently have 159 boxes sitting in my bags, so that is certainly good news for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Well, I currently have 159 boxes sitting in my bags, so that is certainly good news for me.
    Wow, good for you. I always had dreams of saving them for the eventual drop rate fix but never had the self control.

If you don't mind, please post the stats of your boxes: #opened vs #w/ gear vs #w/ essences vs #w/ artifacts. I'm sure there are plenty of players who are interested in your drop rates since you have a fairly sizeable population of boxes.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

That's impressive. Like BigTerj I also lack the self restraint. I actually almost opened the 6 I saved up yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

This thread made me think about all the things that need fixing, the things that eventually get fixed and how many people are lost in the process.

It's such an injustice that many of the long time loyal members who ask for these changes over and over again, eventually get frustrated in waiting or feel the situation is hopeless, and simply move on to another game somewhere; and it's the new guys who reap the rewards who can't even appreciate those who pioneered the way and championed for such changes, for so long and so diligently.

*sigh*

At least things are getting worked on; even if it's long after they were presented.. and left pvp'rs far behind raiders gear progression wise.

Suggestion. Trion why not just make it a 100% drop. We still have to actually win a warfront to get a chest. Which for some, that alone can take 1 out of 10 games.

And from your $bottom line$ persepctive: The quicker we get gear to upgrade, the more likely you'll have people spending money in your cash shop for the upgrade parts. You're welcome.
    Last edited by Kimatsu; 03-18-2015 at 07:28 AM.

A prime example of why the pvp devs would rather eat rusty nails than read these posts. A tantrum on a soap box.
    Yah, needs fixing...
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dizbo; 03-18-2015 at 09:20 AM.

That gif is awesome lol. And just to update, my 6 pvp boxes resulted in 4 pieces of gear. Nothing I needed, but an improvement nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    That gif is awesome lol. And just to update, my 6 pvp boxes resulted in 4 pieces of gear. Nothing I needed, but an improvement nonetheless.
    17 crates yielded (small sample size, but just adding my data):

11 pieces of gear of which 2 were lesser essences
    1 artifact (came along with a piece of gear)
    3 minion cards

Will be pretty easy to gear up with this drop rate, but RNG will remain a factor for specific pieces, but I am ok with that since it's more of a problem for min/max while still getting gear quickly.

Thanks Trion - happy with the changes.
    Last edited by tdain; 03-18-2015 at 11:11 AM. Reason: clarity

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by BigTerj View Post
    Wow, good for you. I always had dreams of saving them for the eventual drop rate fix but never had the self control.

If you don't mind, please post the stats of your boxes: #opened vs #w/ gear vs #w/ essences vs #w/ artifacts. I'm sure there are plenty of players who are interested in your drop rates since you have a fairly sizeable population of boxes.
    Well, that is basically my reason for saving them up. I am aiming for a sample size of 1000. I have no idea if I will be able to wait that long or not. Given that I am usually thrown into warfronts with badly geared and inexperienced players, I feel no pressure to level up, so it is not too difficult to save the boxes.

Well, that is basically my reason for saving them up. I am aiming for a sample size of 1000. I have no idea if I will be able to wait that long or not. Given that I am usually thrown into warfronts with badly geared and inexperienced players, I feel no pressure to level up, so it is not too difficult to save the boxes.
    Just keep copying your toon on PTS after you open them.

got 2 cp axes, cp cloak .... which I already had. Then finally I got a chest piece which I could use.... Phys crit. I have not been praying enough to rngesus

30 boxes gave 16 marauder items

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

Sword of Telara

Get a chest, open it, take notes, rinse and repeat until 1000. Bamm, you have a large sample without gimping yourself in the process

I have a sheet of paper on my desk, whenever I lose a warfront, I write a -, whenever I win, I write a +, if an item drops, I flag that + with a *.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by hopp View Post
    Get a chest, open it, take notes, rinse and repeat until 1000. Bamm, you have a large sample without gimping yourself in the process

I have a sheet of paper on my desk, whenever I lose a warfront, I write a -, whenever I win, I write a +, if an item drops, I flag that + with a *.
    I don't mind being gimped for now. It provides the incentive and opportunity to skill up some before I go on a gearing spree. Also got to do some research before I gear, as I don't know what the soft caps are.

But I do like your system. Makes it damned easy to keep records. I've been keeping screenshots of every match, regardless of win/loss or my performance. It proves useful when I need some data to prove or disprove a point.

Ascendant

Finally felt the need to start gearing up, so I opened up my 209 boxes. From those boxes I have received:

- 103 pieces of marauder gear
    - 29 artifacts
    - 8 minions

The minions and artifacts sell for a fair bit, and I received enough Marauder's Greatstaves to build a bonfire. Now all of my gear slots are filled with Marauder+ gear except for my seal, which just sucks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast