+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Would PvP be better if?

Soulwalker

Default Would PvP be better if?

I'm just fly-tipping ideas into this thread to see what the PvP community think could be better, how current PvP can progress and how the gear impasse between raiding and Warfronts/CQ can be addressed.

It's based on a number of threads using the cliche "player ran through [PvP]/[PvE]* maze and gained cake" elitism our games are famous for.

* = delete appropriately.

1. I think PvP could be better with ranked versions of each of the maps under random ranked 5v5 systems, as I feel the Black Garden Ranked would be less utilised due to it's repetitiveness. I don't mean mandatory ranking in all warfront matches, but a seperate queue.

2. I Think the idea of chained quests for PvP (like the weekly, but failable) would be a good way to add a layer of immersion to PvP that that would even keep hardcore raiders / PvP toe-dippers happy.

Seeing as PvE raiders like the idea of solving the rubik cube to gain the gear (It's bestest. k?) to have an easier time (with the next bunch of people) trying the same thing (with different stats) a quest based on a number of objectives could be designed like:

1 PvP Ultimate Master Challenge (Weekly, repeatable):
    In consecutive matches;
    a. Carry the Fang of Regulos in Black Garden for 1min in a single carry
    b. Capture a Flag in Blighted Antechamber
    c. Gain control of 2 regions of Codex without dying
    d. Kill 3 players holding Sourcestone in Library of the Runemasters

With the reward for this being a box of shiny that could contain: 1 T1 raid item for your calling (0.5% chance), 1 Ephemeral armor / accessory / weapon / planar essence for your calling (2.5% chance)**, Fragments of Horror x 35 (15%), Abyssal Crusader's Marks x 200 (32%), Void Stone x 2500 (50%).

** = free upgraded marauder's gear for whatever salvaging skill the player progresses when maxxed, options for planar essence at a higher percentage rate would be a nice move here as there are a healthy number of variations to accomodate.

PvP Chat channel for pre-mades.

Other quest types could form a randomness akin to the movement of a full raid of players moving around a boss encounter by offering different requirements instead of "To survive I must mud-jump the red circle cos healer 1 stood the other side of the group and there is a wipe mechanic incoming"

There is room for a 'T2 raid item' quest variant which has similar/different drop percentages above / greater planar essences / etc, with more checks (like the purge sinister presence from all expert SL dungeons quest, that list was huge) to open up at PvP rank 100.

This way the overall PvP population gains equal strength gear compared with their PvE counterparts as long as they put in the same level of co-ordination as the PvE players (based on 5-boss raids with 3 mechanics per boss for a total of 15 objectives).

The failable weekly would have an option to drop and retake, but only 1 completion reward per week.

We all notice the PvE players that turn up for fragments of horror and abyssal crusaders marks. Much as PvP people stand out in NTE.

Bloodiron PvP Server (EU) still exists; however, the number of times I joined a NTE with the PvP timer count down leading to no healing from the Guardian Healer (that choice is actually a difficult and rare choice, so thanks to the healers). There were also problems with CTA requests for NMR / Raid Rifts / Shard-hopping for zone events due to this. So I transferred out.

Please, put forward your proposals on how the PvP / PvE Parity can be obtained.
    Last edited by Debilitato; 03-17-2015 at 11:27 AM.

One possible idea (which I don't remember being mentioned before...but I don't spend that much time on the forums) would be to have some type of PvP warfront progression. Each week (or maybe over the course of a month or quarter) every player starts out in a base level warfront. They cannot progress to the next level until they have earned a predetermined amount of points (awarded maybe through a combination of dps/heal/kb/wins/objectives accomplished, etc).

It would maybe mean keeping players locked into certain warfront maps each "season" and being able to unlock other maps as they progress. It would give players an incentive to want to progress and compete against each other. The rewards could also be increased as they progress, either with better gear or higher drop rates.

Maybe even have it end in a win-all type of tournament at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanoah View Post
    One possible idea (which I don't remember being mentioned before...but I don't spend that much time on the forums) would be to have some type of PvP warfront progression. Each week (or maybe over the course of a month or quarter) every player starts out in a base level warfront. They cannot progress to the next level until they have earned a predetermined amount of points (awarded maybe through a combination of dps/heal/kb/wins/objectives accomplished, etc).

It would maybe mean keeping players locked into certain warfront maps each "season" and being able to unlock other maps as they progress. It would give players an incentive to want to progress and compete against each other. The rewards could also be increased as they progress, either with better gear or higher drop rates.

make the starting warfront ghar station, so players have a strong incentive to progress to better maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

if you think the pvp playerbase is microscopic now, wait til just even one of these ideas fall into play.

More random chests with a chance at a random pieces of gear randomly chosen between tank and DPS and that you could randomly already have from a randomly chosen weekly?

Let me ask my trusty penny if I like this idea or not...
    Tail!
    I love this idea!
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    I love this idea!

lengthen your message

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shanoah View Post

Pvp weekly part 2, after competing all 4 regular pvp weeklies...complete 3 of each objective in each wf for one more set of marks.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Would PvP be better if?
    They just reverted it back to 2.8? Yes, yes it would, and still retain the 90% of pvp'rs lost to 3.0.

Soulwalker

Really love this idea
    http://bestnrpics.gq/2/o.png

Rift Disciple

PvP would be better if the system filtered out all out negative chat from the WF discussion. Only strat and positive comments would be allowed.... Ahh - the WF experience would be dramatically better then

Quote Originally Posted by tdain View Post
    PvP would be better if the system filtered out all out negative chat from the WF discussion. Only strat and positive comments would be allowed.... Ahh - the WF experience would be dramatically better then
    So you expect people to talk about how much fun it is to play the same 6 warfront maps for the last 4 years?

If only positive comments were allowed no one would say a word.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Liandell View Post
    So you expect people to talk about how much fun it is to play the same 6 warfront maps for the last 4 years?

If only positive comments were allowed no one would say a word.
    I am talking about the WF chat in game. But obviously I am being facetious... However, it would enhance my PvP WF experience if folks were not allowed to scream, rant and otherwise emotionally vomit all over everyone because they happen to lose a match or be frustrated... It might actually cause me to turn on the WF chat channel again

Telaran

1. DON'T ALLOW PREMADES IN CONQUEST. DON'T ALLOW PREMADES IN WF'S. PREMADES SHOULD ONLY BE ALLOWED IN RANKED OR RATED MATCHES.

2. record K/D and W/L, for all matches. if not publicly at least privately. Contrary to popular belief, this doesn't turn off pvp gamers, it attracts them. A fun stat to track one's career progress, regardless of the ratio.

3. What happened to the pvp dailies? I use to love doing those. When i had to go to denodrome or something at lvl 60 and run into enemy players, it was thrilling. granted i would rarely ever get the amount of players killed needed in a week because I was usually solo, but sometimes you team up with other players you meet there, and they carried over. If I was getting farmed i would just qeue a wf and come back later. But i would always do the quests there. It was a way to force some world pvp and i really miss it.

4. I agree with the other players, it seems as though trion doesn't like pvp and is forcing people to do more pve, which obvioulsy pvp players don't like to do and i imagine most have quit the game. The game is now perceived as more grindy and p2w when reading reddit.
    Last edited by Coolnight; 03-25-2015 at 10:02 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by tdain View Post
    I am talking about the WF chat in game. But obviously I am being facetious... However, it would enhance my PvP WF experience if folks were not allowed to scream, rant and otherwise emotionally vomit all over everyone because they happen to lose a match or be frustrated... It might actually cause me to turn on the WF chat channel again
    I don't think the wf chat is that bad. maybe you should learn how to block people. or completely turn off the raid chat? You sound like one of those guys who hacked/ddos'd the chat servers in the past.
    Last edited by Coolnight; 03-25-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Debilitato View Post
    1. I think PvP could be better with ranked versions of each of the maps under random ranked 5v5 systems, as I feel the Black Garden Ranked would be less utilised due to it's repetitiveness. I don't mean mandatory ranking in all warfront matches, but a seperate queue.

Love to see the ranked WF movement get momentum. I'm still trying to think of ways to get Trion to find reason to want to implement ranked PVP, so far I got nothing. In any case, that is where the problem lies, their desire...or rather, lack of it.

Should the day ever come when we have ranked PVP.....I hope that there are no objectives on the maps. The only real objective should be killing the other team.
    Last edited by Stormchild; 03-25-2015 at 09:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast