+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Zehne
  • 1 Post By Tollwutig
  • 1 Post By asianguywithacamera

Thread: tank gear from pvp boxes?

Default tank gear from pvp boxes?

so after opening countless "pvp boxes" i think its safe to say that tank gear does not drop from them correct?myself i have yet to see any drop so thats why im asking.i have seen high main stat gear and low main stat high endurance gear.i have also seen some healing greators and trinkets.yet still no tank gear and im wondering why that is?

some players like to have different roles like dps -tanking or healing.you might want to tank cq or mix match gear or even main tank a raid.so im asking why in the hell do we get the same gear pieces over and over again from "pvp boxes" with the only difference being high main stat or high stam.if the devs really want rng why not have high main stat dps gear drop and tanking gear,there's your rng.

if you only pvp it takes a long time to get gear and even more so to upgrade it.from what i can see its not possible to get any gear for a tank set from pvp boxes. doesn't that go against this whole gear change?
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    so after opening countless "pvp boxes" i think its safe to say that tank gear does not drop from them correct?myself i have yet to see any drop so thats why im asking.i have seen high main stat gear and low main stat high endurance gear.i have also seen some healing greators and trinkets.yet still no tank gear and im wondering why that is?

some players like to have different roles like dps -tanking or healing.you might want to tank cq or mix match gear or even main tank a raid.so im asking why in the hell do we get the same gear pieces over and over again from "pvp boxes" with the only difference being high main stat or high stam.if the devs really want rng why not have high main stat dps gear drop and tanking gear,there's your rng.

if you only pvp it takes a long time to get gear and even more so to upgrade it.from what i can see its not possible to get any gear for a tank set from pvp boxes. doesn't that go against this whole gear change?

Easy fix would be take the high end gear and make the tertiary stat guard\block\dodge, but I can hear the screams of why do we have so many tank gear drops now, because that is the biggest complaint in NTEs.

I'm guessing you're referring to guard being non-existent as a PvP gear stat. (and block/dodge, but we don't care about those too much) Really, being a tank in a PvP match is pretty pointless. Argue all you want about 'strategy' but many times I think to myself 'if that tank were a healer, we might of actually beat the other team' Also, despite there being 2-3 tanks on my team at times, somehow the enemy always manages to pick up the fang or cap a flag. IMO, I'd rather have the AFK'er at the base on my team, since then I wouldn't be lured into false security.

Also, Fear my CP shield

Fear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    I'm guessing you're referring to guard being non-existent as a PvP gear stat. (and block/dodge, but we don't care about those too much) Really, being a tank in a PvP match is pretty pointless. Argue all you want about 'strategy' but many times I think to myself 'if that tank were a healer, we might of actually beat the other team' Also, despite there being 2-3 tanks on my team at times, somehow the enemy always manages to pick up the fang or cap a flag. IMO, I'd rather have the AFK'er at the base on my team, since then I wouldn't be lured into false security.

Also, Fear my CP shield

Fear it.
    going to have to disagree with you- this is not about what a tanks worth in a wf,this is about the gear change.cq is pvp "yes i know many say its not" you have pull tanks in cq correct?yet one cant get tank gear from pvping outside of buying vendor gear.

this whole gear change was supposed ot be about getting players into difference aspects of the game correct?gera up how you want,pve or pvp right?no more pvp gear just gear now.so again i ask the question why does no tank gear drop from pvp boxes.tanks are important part of raids right?

i just think it be better having tank and dps gear drop from pvp boxes then having high main stat gear or high stam gear drop.really the latter is more or less a waste,if they want us to have rng make it worth while.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post

Also, Fear my CP shield

Fear it.
    Tanking has its limited uses, switch to tank after a theft in whitefall, and you're less likely to be burned down before you get to help. Tanks can help with mobs in Port Scion. Also Guard damage reduction works on any raid member within 20-30m (depending on mastery).

I agree with Butkus is the goal of gear unification is opening content then let pvp players gain tank gear and queue experts, etc as tanks.

Rift Disciple

This is funny S$%^ you all know if there was tank gear in pvp boxes the OP would be the first one here crying about not getting dps gear.
    I know that there are some of you that believe fully that a guild of millionaires is going to appear on day one and down all the content.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by mauzer80 View Post
    This is funny S$%^ you all know if there was tank gear in pvp boxes the OP would be the first one here crying about not getting dps gear.
    wtf kind of statement is that?fyi i would love it if tanking gear dropped from pvp boxes,i have always had a tank spec and tanking gear,not now though.its impossible to get tank gear from pvping so there goes that.

again we have high main stat and high stam gear drop from pvp boxes atm,if thats not a waste i do not know what is.whats the reason for it?rng is all i can come up with.if the devs want us to have rng why not have dps and tank gear?thats far more productive then having two of the same pieces of gear drop.

this is just another flaw in a system full of them.would love to here why you think having high main stat or high stam gear from pvp boxes is better then having high main stat or tank gear drop from the same.
    Last edited by butkus; 03-17-2015 at 09:08 AM.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

I, for one, don't want tank gear from the marauder boxes. Instead, give the player a side-upgrade option to change it into something with guard/block/dodge using favor infused accelerators and abyssal crusader marks.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    I, for one, don't want tank gear from the marauder boxes. Instead, give the player a side-upgrade option to change it into something with guard/block/dodge using favor infused accelerators and abyssal crusader marks.
    That would work too, if the side grade is compatible level just use favor, then you'd have a use for the duplicates.

yeah thats a pretty good idea in itself,so yes that would work as well.i will stand by what i said though,this rng of high main stat or high stam gear from pvp is beyond dumb.there is no reason why the gear pieces should be different like that with one being better then the other.i would much rather see my idea or yours over what they have now any day.
    Last edited by butkus; 03-17-2015 at 11:45 AM.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    That would work too, if the side grade is compatible level just use favor, then you'd have a use for the duplicates.
    yeah is def would have to be a "side grade" for it to work.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Rift Disciple

Tank gear definitively does drop from marauder chests, thankfully very rarely.out of the hundreds of boxes since 3.0 ithink i have seen about 3. They were however insta salvage because wrong itemization i.e. gear with crit power and guard.

I think it's a very fine suggestion to have an upgrade path that will turn dps/heal gear to tanking one. And dev in charge of itemization need to make the tanking gear from pvp chests similar to those from other sources.

Soulwalker

Best idea I have seen so far. A single time stat mod would allow for the solution of many of the issues people are talking about.
    Levi

Quote Originally Posted by Theriene View Post
    Tank gear definitively does drop from marauder chests, thankfully very rarely.out of the hundreds of boxes since 3.0 ithink i have seen about 3. They were however insta salvage because wrong itemization i.e. gear with crit power and guard.

I think it's a very fine suggestion to have an upgrade path that will turn dps/heal gear to tanking one. And dev in charge of itemization need to make the tanking gear from pvp chests similar to those from other sources.
    I believe it's only for mage/cleric, though, and it appears to be a screw up on their end.

+ Reply to Thread