+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
Like Tree4Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: reaver dots wont let you get out of combat

  1. #1
    Plane Touched zasen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    288

    Default reaver dots wont let you get out of combat

    can a dev take a look at this, seriously no other classes dots can prevent you from leaving combat at all except for reaver.

    dire corruption needs to be looked at.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post
    can a dev take a look at this, seriously no other classes dots can prevent you from leaving combat at all except for reaver.

    dire corruption needs to be looked at.
    No, there are a few others, quite a few. I remember one of my "pet peeves" when I used to run ranger a lot before MM rework (hence also before reavers, before reaver rework as its the same patch), I would respawn with a ton of dots ticking on me to the point where my raptor would die from full health and i had to resummon it.

    also, the stormcaller "ticking" dot is still like that, not only does it last through death and prevents you from exiting combat, but inturrapts trying to get mounted or eating food etc. even after respawn after death.

    These and many more have been around for a long time, just that now reavers are in the spotlight, but all those other things are still there.

  3. #3
    Champion Bluntmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
    No, there are a few others, quite a few. I remember one of my "pet peeves" when I used to run ranger a lot before MM rework (hence also before reavers, before reaver rework as its the same patch), I would respawn with a ton of dots ticking on me to the point where my raptor would die from full health and i had to resummon it.

    also, the stormcaller "ticking" dot is still like that, not only does it last through death and prevents you from exiting combat, but inturrapts trying to get mounted or eating food etc. even after respawn after death.

    These and many more have been around for a long time, just that now reavers are in the spotlight, but all those other things are still there.
    Nothing should be on you after death, seems like a developer over looked something here.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched zasen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
    No, there are a few others, quite a few. I remember one of my "pet peeves" when I used to run ranger a lot before MM rework (hence also before reavers, before reaver rework as its the same patch), I would respawn with a ton of dots ticking on me to the point where my raptor would die from full health and i had to resummon it.

    also, the stormcaller "ticking" dot is still like that, not only does it last through death and prevents you from exiting combat, but inturrapts trying to get mounted or eating food etc. even after respawn after death.

    These and many more have been around for a long time, just that now reavers are in the spotlight, but all those other things are still there.
    the stormcaller one is a debuff not a dot it does zero damage and can only be cast on one person, also stormcaller enough said. at best it's useful to put on rogue specs with stealth to force em to use slip away just to annoy them.

    plz list these "many more". reaver dots are the only one i have seen that prevent me from leaving combat.

    your pet keeping dots has nothing to do with not being able to get out of combat from dots rather its an issue with pets themselves.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    I always see damage after respawning if I have dots on me when I die. You can even take damage from other people respawning who have area effects on them, CQ and WFs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Warlock used to do this and was fixed specifically so that this wouldn't happen. Now we've got Reaver with DOTs that last twice as long doing the same thing, but it can't be nerfed in a timely fashion because Warrior. I'm sure when it does get fixed it'll come with an accompanying buff because Reaver is the new Warlord.

  7. #7
    jfk
    jfk is offline
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Just use Shadow Warp to wipe all dots.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Sinsalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    Just use Shadow Warp to wipe all dots.
    Is that spell available to every class?

  9. #9
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post
    can a dev take a look at this, seriously no other classes dots can prevent you from leaving combat at all except for reaver.

    dire corruption needs to be looked at.
    withering vine does the same thing but it's not nearly as prevalent

    but yeah it's really annoying, especially when a reaver will refresh dots when you're near their spawn after you kill them, and then respawn with full health and get to you before you can drink since you're stuck in combat the whole time.

    edit; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqOnER37Eno& i clipped it here. stuck in combat because of dire corruption, couldn't drink.
    Last edited by ecru; 03-16-2015 at 10:15 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Kartia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Reavers have better stealth now than assasins.
    I cant remove their dots and go stealth, cleanse soul with 2 min cd useless, while reaver can remove all my bleeding like jagged with a 20 sec cd and go stealth.
    Fair and balanced.
    Why the ********* its not fixed yet?

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    84

    Default

    I've run into issues with reaver dots not working properly, too. Sometimes they'll still be on you or your pet after you've died and ressed in a Warfront and will start to dmg and prevent from mounting as soon as you respawn.

  12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default

    I put in a fix for this today. Should be up the next time PTS gets updated.

    Also, I changed it so Dire Step doesn't remove bleeds but it will remove all other DoTs.

  13. #13
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    While you're in there tweaking reaver things, change the c/d of viral stream from 20s to 40s-60s. Compare the damage it does versus other channels (ie sentry battery) and you can see why the damage/cooldown ratio isn't aligned with other souls.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched zasen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Warlock used to do this and was fixed specifically so that this wouldn't happen. Now we've got Reaver with DOTs that last twice as long doing the same thing, but it can't be nerfed in a timely fashion because Warrior. I'm sure when it does get fixed it'll come with an accompanying buff because Reaver is the new Warlord.
    heh guess he showed you. ty vladd

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Hundreds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    149

    Default

    vladd my ninja

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts