+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: reaver dots wont let you get out of combat

Default reaver dots wont let you get out of combat

can a dev take a look at this, seriously no other classes dots can prevent you from leaving combat at all except for reaver.

dire corruption needs to be looked at.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post
    can a dev take a look at this, seriously no other classes dots can prevent you from leaving combat at all except for reaver.

No, there are a few others, quite a few. I remember one of my "pet peeves" when I used to run ranger a lot before MM rework (hence also before reavers, before reaver rework as its the same patch), I would respawn with a ton of dots ticking on me to the point where my raptor would die from full health and i had to resummon it.

also, the stormcaller "ticking" dot is still like that, not only does it last through death and prevents you from exiting combat, but inturrapts trying to get mounted or eating food etc. even after respawn after death.

These and many more have been around for a long time, just that now reavers are in the spotlight, but all those other things are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
    No, there are a few others, quite a few. I remember one of my "pet peeves" when I used to run ranger a lot before MM rework (hence also before reavers, before reaver rework as its the same patch), I would respawn with a ton of dots ticking on me to the point where my raptor would die from full health and i had to resummon it.

also, the stormcaller "ticking" dot is still like that, not only does it last through death and prevents you from exiting combat, but inturrapts trying to get mounted or eating food etc. even after respawn after death.

These and many more have been around for a long time, just that now reavers are in the spotlight, but all those other things are still there.
    Nothing should be on you after death, seems like a developer over looked something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post

the stormcaller one is a debuff not a dot it does zero damage and can only be cast on one person, also stormcaller enough said. at best it's useful to put on rogue specs with stealth to force em to use slip away just to annoy them.

plz list these "many more". reaver dots are the only one i have seen that prevent me from leaving combat.

your pet keeping dots has nothing to do with not being able to get out of combat from dots rather its an issue with pets themselves.

I always see damage after respawning if I have dots on me when I die. You can even take damage from other people respawning who have area effects on them, CQ and WFs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Warlock used to do this and was fixed specifically so that this wouldn't happen. Now we've got Reaver with DOTs that last twice as long doing the same thing, but it can't be nerfed in a timely fashion because Warrior. I'm sure when it does get fixed it'll come with an accompanying buff because Reaver is the new Warlord.

jfk
    Rift Disciple

Just use Shadow Warp to wipe all dots.

Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    Just use Shadow Warp to wipe all dots.
    Is that spell available to every class?

Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post

withering vine does the same thing but it's not nearly as prevalent

but yeah it's really annoying, especially when a reaver will refresh dots when you're near their spawn after you kill them, and then respawn with full health and get to you before you can drink since you're stuck in combat the whole time.

edit; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqOnER37Eno& i clipped it here. stuck in combat because of dire corruption, couldn't drink.
    Last edited by ecru; 03-16-2015 at 10:15 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Reavers have better stealth now than assasins.
    I cant remove their dots and go stealth, cleanse soul with 2 min cd useless, while reaver can remove all my bleeding like jagged with a 20 sec cd and go stealth.
    Fair and balanced.
    Why the ********* its not fixed yet?

Telaran

I've run into issues with reaver dots not working properly, too. Sometimes they'll still be on you or your pet after you've died and ressed in a Warfront and will start to dmg and prevent from mounting as soon as you respawn.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

I put in a fix for this today. Should be up the next time PTS gets updated.

Also, I changed it so Dire Step doesn't remove bleeds but it will remove all other DoTs.

While you're in there tweaking reaver things, change the c/d of viral stream from 20s to 40s-60s. Compare the damage it does versus other channels (ie sentry battery) and you can see why the damage/cooldown ratio isn't aligned with other souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Warlock used to do this and was fixed specifically so that this wouldn't happen. Now we've got Reaver with DOTs that last twice as long doing the same thing, but it can't be nerfed in a timely fashion because Warrior. I'm sure when it does get fixed it'll come with an accompanying buff because Reaver is the new Warlord.
    heh guess he showed you. ty vladd

vladd my ninja

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast