+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: delete or fix blighted antechamber

Soulwalker

Default delete or fix blighted antechamber

This is by far the worst pvp map i have ever played. Should be set at 500 pts. If your team is crushing this map is still going to the time limit most times. The biggest problem is players can get anywhere on the map in seconds. So trying for the flag is useless (not to mention RIFT marks objectives).

blighted is fine but control points need to give more points. at the moment they're meaningless distractions and since the most recent changes if there isn't more than one flag capped from either team, the game will generally end before time runs out since control points don't give you enough to actually get to 1000.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Rift Disciple

Glad I got my blighted antechamber domination achieve before I quit.

Xeero@Greybriar - Mage - REKT | Zerostar@Hailol - Warrior - Coriolis | Zerotrix@Greybriar - Mage - Crayons

blighted itself is a good map, the only people who seem to dislike it are people who have a poor sense of direction, an unwillingness to actually learn the map, or people who can't melee.
    Last edited by ecru; 03-14-2015 at 02:59 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    blighted is fine but control points need to give more points. at the moment they're meaningless distractions and since the most recent changes if there isn't more than one flag capped from either team, the game will generally end before time runs out since control points don't give you enough to actually get to 1000.
    Two of my more recent Antechamber victories were achieved through scoring via the three control points. A very modest increase to the scoring from these points might be a good idea, but it is pretty close to perfect as is.

Champion

You don't have to melee to be a force on the map.. I like it. Make your choice ..defend the carrying flag or attack. Your choice .. just don't run around like a headless chicken.

As a new player to this game, this is the only map that made me actually wanna leave and quest or IA. The line of sight issues while you are on top of the floating island thingy in the middle absolutely kill this map for me. Overall this map is just confusing, this map has a cool premise but the execution of it demands the execution of it.

Maybe when I have played it more it will grow on me but it is by far my least favorite.
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

Quote Originally Posted by fatjennifer View Post
    This is by far the worst pvp map i have ever played. Should be set at 500 pts. If your team is crushing this map is still going to the time limit most times. The biggest problem is players can get anywhere on the map in seconds. So trying for the flag is useless (not to mention RIFT marks objectives).
    Don't you hate how fast Riftstalkers used to be able to cap flags?

What was it...3.28 seconds?

blighted itself is a good map, the only people who seem to dislike it are people who have a poor sense of direction, an unwillingness to actually learn the map, or people who can't melee.
    You grew up playing Q3 like me, as if any of these maps would ever fall on your radar of "complex".

Rift needs a Q3dm6.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-14-2015 at 02:00 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I'm still trying to figure out why people complain about Ranged specs, Zerging and Cross-healing when they complain about Blighted Antechamber... the only map that take care of those problems.

Like Ecru said, bases should reward more points over time but that's it.

Blighted Antechamber is by far the best map for clever plays and the map that reward skilled players the most.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

i like this map , plenty of duels and small skirmishes + i can finally play melee without being targeted by 10 players.

Telaran

Finally someone who understands!! Also people who are bad at playing with the camera and who get stuck on all those rocks. Took me 45 seconds to climb the stair around Spire.

They should mark the place with red and blue arrows, with little DeadEnd signs for the entrances leading to those. And for when the jump pads fire you into one of those cul-de-sacs, they should paint the back with yellow and black "no go" stripes. Get rid of those little ruffles in the wall that look like they might be exits, but aren't.

And the top of walls need short railings, for people who are bad at knowing how far your feet can be over empty air before you count as falling. Oh, oh, and the little cliff edge by the north(?) flag, where you have to time your jump exactly right, so it always takes 3 tries to get up there -- make it walkable. I'll play my copy of OlympicsMiniGames 2008 if I get nostalgic for running hurdles.

A little more serious: I got lost in Conquest a lot until I realized it was _that_ Stillmore. The one I'd been in, and still ran around in for dailies. Is the Blighted area in the game anywhere for PvE? A place people would want to go? Would give people a chance to learn it, who wanted to.

I actually like this map- once I got the maze down and wasn't constantly bumping into shrubbery

I liked it even better before the increase in points for capping flags. That sort of dumbed it down. It is true now that these are the main objectives and the other 3 flags are distractions.

I would like it even better if there was something other than flags at the 3 control points. Kind of confusing to have flags at control points and flags at the spawn points which do different things.

Those that don't like it seem to not have discovered Recon Vials yet. If you don't have one of these equipped, you'll never see the guy hiding on the other side of the hedge or how many enemies are turtling around their flag before you go running in.
    ~Belisama

I'm starting to like this map. The small changes helped a bit, and it's melee friendly, which is a plus for me.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Plane Touched

Default favorite map

best map make another variant that replaces all other wfs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast