+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 132
Like Tree102Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Concerning Bolstered Gear vs. Ephemeral or Higher Gear

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    746

    Default Concerning Bolstered Gear vs. Ephemeral or Higher Gear

    I've been looking into this for the past week and think I found what was causing the problem today. However, this will need to be vetted on PTS first before I'll push it live.

    EDIT:

    PTS just got updated with a revised version of bolstering. Instead of trying to match bolstered gear and Maruader+ gear with every other piece of gear in the game, I've just made bolstered gear match the stat allocations that Marauder+ has.

    Additionally with this change, each slot in bolstered now has a set tertiary stat that it boosts instead of splitting between all 3 that a calling would want. The breakdown is as follows:

    AP/SP: Legs, Neck, Rings, 1h Weapon, 2h Weapon, Off-Hand, Shield
    SC/PC: Cape, Chest, Boots, Gloves, Helmet
    CP: Earrings, Essences

    The difference going from bolstered to full set of Marauder's (in the main stat heavy version) is:

    Main: +655
    Secondary: +117
    Endurance: -163
    AP/SP: +75
    SC/PC: +176
    CP: +108

    Provided that you keep the same tertiary stat distribution as the bolster gear.

    Jump on PTS and try it out!

    I look forward to your feedback on this and please remember to keep the conversation on topic. =)
    Last edited by Vladd; 03-13-2015 at 01:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    can you look at powerstones not working on bolstered weapons too?
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  3. #3
    General of Telara littlepoit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    964

    Default

    and in general could you just retest everything pvp related and make sure it works as intended ?

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Thanks, better late than never.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

  5. #5
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    can you look at powerstones not working on bolstered weapons too?
    That's intended.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

  6. #6
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    That's intended.
    [citation needed]
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  7. #7
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    [citation needed]
    Powerstone affects the weapon you have equipped. Not the weapon you don't have equipped. Same reason runes don't apply on Bolstered gear. Same reason Insoles, and other consumables don't work on bolstered gear... It's on an item you aren't using.

    Welcome to rift? I could've sworn you'd been around longer than a day.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Kimatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    I've been looking into this for the past week and think I found what was causing the problem today. However, this will need to be vetted on PTS first before I'll push it live.

    I'll update this post when PTS has been updated with the fix so you guys can go bash on it.
    Much appreciated. I can finally go back to enjoying my playtime in PVP, rather than spend that time here on the forums trying to convince those who were in denial.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimatsu View Post
    Much appreciated. I can finally go back to enjoying my playtime in PVP, rather than spend that time here on the forums trying to convince those who were in denial.
    No one was in denial but you, what he found won't change much of anything. And it had nothing to do with your tinfoil hat threads, besides people debunking your "theories".
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Kimatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    No one was in denial but you, what he found won't change much of anything. And it had nothing to do with your tinfoil hat threads, besides people debunking your "theories".
    Raider mad cuz PVP just got better.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimatsu View Post
    Raider mad cuz PVP just got better.
    PvPer telling you you're wrong. Nothing changes except a slight reduction to bolstered gear. If anything it makes PvP worse, because people who rely on bolstering will take a slight hit to DPS. They're not buffing Dreambreaker, but reducing the mainstat of bolstered, by what we found last night.

    Also, by all testing, in no case was bolstered gear better than MAINSTAT heavy AP/CP Ephemeral/Dreambreaker gear. Some stats go down, but not by enough to negate the gains. Just because your CP drops by 80, doesn't mean the 130AP boost you get is a downgrade -.-

    So put your tinfoil hat back on, because you're going to be back cluttering up the forums when/if this fix goes live.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

  12. #12
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    Powerstone affects the weapon you have equipped. Not the weapon you don't have equipped. Same reason runes don't apply on Bolstered gear. Same reason Insoles, and other consumables don't work on bolstered gear... It's on an item you aren't using.

    Welcome to rift? I could've sworn you'd been around longer than a day.
    you seem pretty sure of yourself.

    http://imgur.com/a/UM0Lr
    http://imgur.com/a/xO5od

    i could've sworn you'd been around longer than a day, but we were told our enchants and consumables would work on our gear in pvp in 3.0 even when bolstered, and consumables still aren't working.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  13. #13
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    you seem pretty sure of yourself.

    http://imgur.com/a/UM0Lr
    http://imgur.com/a/xO5od

    i could've sworn you'd been around longer than a day, but we were told our enchants and consumables would work on our gear in pvp in 3.0 even when bolstered, and consumables still aren't working.
    Neither of those show.... anything even remotely relevant.

    Since bolstering has been put in game, no consumables have worked on bolstered gear. This includes down bolstered gear. Put a Mrym weapon on and toss up vampiric and tell me how much it heals for. Been that way for as long as Bolstering has been about. Same with Runes/orbs/etc. I spent a great deal of time doing 50-59 PvP in SL, where everything is bolstered (except trinket/Crystal/Focus). I can tell you that on my little noob warrior on EU, insoles did nothing on my bolstered gear.

    As you can clearly see based on these relevant screenshots, you're wrong.
    http://imgur.com/a/2DcmO
    Last edited by Bloodbourne; 03-10-2015 at 06:23 AM.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

  14. #14
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    Neither of those show.... anything even remotely relevant.
    i'm pretty sure they show runes and orbs working on bolstered gear, which according to you..

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    Same reason runes don't apply on Bolstered gear.
    lol

    Since bolstering has been put in game, no consumables have worked on bolstered gear. This includes down bolstered gear. Put a Mrym weapon on and toss up vampiric and tell me how much it heals for. Been that way for as long as Bolstering has been about. Same with Runes/orbs/etc. I spent a great deal of time doing 50-59 PvP in SL, where everything is bolstered (except trinket/Crystal/Focus). I can tell you that on my little noob warrior on EU, insoles did nothing on my bolstered gear.
    yes, and we were promised that it would change. only half of those changes seem to have made it through.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  15. #15
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i'm pretty sure they show runes and orbs working on bolstered gear, which according to you..



    lol



    yes, and we were promised that it would change. only half of those changes seem to have made it through.
    You're in Steppes.... My relic procs in steppes. There's more wrong there than you're seeing...
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts