+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree102Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Concerning Bolstered Gear vs. Ephemeral or Higher Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    This is a much better solution at this stage.
    Agreed. If there is a conflict between bolstering and Marauder gear, changing the bolster instead of the gear at this point is a much more palatable route, especially considering how quickly people move past the bolstering threshold.

Though I am not against evening out the stat distributions at some juncture in the future. So if you still have the desire to adjust these items the ideal time would be following the release of T2 as part of the next tier in the Marauder upgrade path, as people will already be in the process of restructuring their gear. This would soften the blow as much as is possible during an expansions life cycle.

P.S. Thank you for taking feedback into consideration rather than just moving forward with such a drastic change.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Rift Disciple

Thanks for the good news. Can you also confirm that down-bolstering top tier PvE gear is working as intended to ensure it is not "more powerful than what's currently available in PVP."

As we are working on bolster, it makes sense to ensure we have both directions covered so that Trion's original intent is being implemented: "Bolstering now works in both directions: In addition to boosting up your gear that is too low for PVP, it now also replaces any gear that is more powerful than what's currently available in PVP." Citation: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-22-14-eu.html

Thanks
    Last edited by tdain; 03-14-2015 at 07:48 PM. Reason: correct link

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Agreed. If there is a conflict between bolstering and Marauder gear, changing the bolster instead of the gear at this point is a much more palatable route, especially considering how quickly people move past the bolstering threshold.
    Arrogance at it's best.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #124
    Rift Team

Since I haven't seen any posts or PM's with "this is broke" anywhere in them, I'm gonna assume that this is good to push up next week. So, speak now if you have concerns.

RIFT Guide Writer

Can we get a list somewhere that shows the bolstered gear's stats instead of having to manually calculate it one we're in a warfront?

Like say on the bolster buff itself. say "your bolstered gear is currently giving you X Dex, End, Int, Str, Wis, P/S Crit hit, CP, S/AP"
    Last edited by evantide; 03-18-2015 at 02:02 PM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Since I haven't seen any posts or PM's with "this is broke" anywhere in them, I'm gonna assume that this is good to push up next week. So, speak now if you have concerns.
    The only thing broken here is the community's ability to do math to figure out the value of a piece of gear.

Actually, the fact that this consumed dev time that could have been better spent on other things is also pretty broken.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 03-18-2015 at 02:47 PM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

I don't have all the gear at my access so pretty difficult to test. So far all I see is some discrepancy with bolstered gear and relic not getting full benefit from consumables.

And I am guessing we need another pass with the introduction of new trinkets and greaters and so forth to see if they are properly getting their reductions in pvp. It would be a whole lot easier to deactivate procs in pvp imo. At least the absorb shield ones.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    The only thing broken here is the community's ability to do math to figure out the value of a piece of gear.

Actually, the fact that this consumed dev time that could have been better spent on other things is also pretty broken.
    Can we add something to the hover over tool tips that would make stuff easier? Can we get calculated stats?

It current shows differences deltas for actual stats on gear, but can it also show the derived stats? For example, a new weapon that has +20 Dex compared to currently equipped weapon, would show:

+20 Dex
    +10 Physical Crit (Derived)
    +15 AP (Derived)
    Last edited by Juxtaposed; 03-18-2015 at 04:31 PM.

Now my math isn't good but it seems to me like the crit power proc on the purple should be higher than the one in the blue.

Concerning Bolstered Gear vs. Ephemeral or Higher Gear-2015-03-18_00020.jpg
    Last edited by Talzoor; 03-18-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    Now my math isn't good but it seems to me like the crit power proc on the purple should be higher than the one in the blue.

Attachment 22771
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Yes, unfortunately our fix for the upgraded items' proc values did not make this hotfix. It will be in next week's, however. I realize for the time being that means it's most optimal to have un-upgraded essences, which is weird, but I thought that was better than the alternative of waiting another week for any of the PVP essences to be up to snuff at level 65. I do apologize for the inconvenience to anyone with upgraded essences in the interim. Please rest assured their procs will improve imminently.
    ....... /10chars
    Serale@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post
    ....... /10chars
    Ty didn't see that till a bit ago.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a required part of the addressing the issue.

To touch on what I stated in the original post, bolstered gear and Marauder's were on two different ends of the spectrum. One was heavy main stat while the other was heavy tertiary stat. It literally was an apples and oranges comparison between the two. This is the core of the issue.

With this change, we are correcting the issue and both are being equalized and being made comparable. Thus, when you put on a piece of Marauder/Ephemeral/Dreambreaker, you should see a noticeable improvement on your stat sheet that doesn't require a spreadsheet calculator to see if it was an upgrade or not. That is the goal of this change.
    I think the real issue is that we are used to seeing exactly what gear we have on, the stats it has, and seeing it, and having some control over it. Now we have a system that can replace some or all of are gear, without documentation as to just what the specs are on the gear to be able to compare them directly. In addition it seem to effectively replace the gear with fixed stats instead of giving us some control of the weightings by basing it on what we have on instead. It would be nice if this stopped being a black box. It would be nice to give us a new tab that shows the effective gear being used or if changed to use a formula, have that stat modification shown next to each gear piece. This would let people at least feel a bit more knowledge about the effective gear and make choices from that, such as which pieces to upgrade first without too much of the system being a black box.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9