+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Concerning Bolstered Gear vs. Ephemeral or Higher Gear

Hey guys, I did the math and I have an easy cost effective solution for Trion to implement.

*Removed Bolstering*

/endthread
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

NO NO NO NO NO

Stop this madness now. I genuinely couldn't believe that what I was reading on Riftgrate was true, surely they wouldn't do something as bad as this to the community???

It's not too late, just bolster the primary and secondary stats if you must but leave our CP alone. I've busted my balls in WFs to get and upgrade 2 earrings, 2 essences and a cloak to get me to CP cap.

This is a huge nerf to all classes which is going to make raid progression even harder.

If some people don't have a high enough Intelligence stat to be able to work out if one piece of gear is better than another that is their problem. For the vast majority of us we'd like to keep things exactly as they are please!

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by esc2heaven View Post
    a very frustrated and angry customer
    Your money is treated as a donation and they mostly hide behind the game being free to play so they can "mess up" anytime they want. Sorry if you actually spend money in this game expecting it not to be a total throw in the trash.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a required part of the addressing the issue.

To touch on what I stated in the original post, bolstered gear and Marauder's were on two different ends of the spectrum. One was heavy main stat while the other was heavy tertiary stat. It literally was an apples and oranges comparison between the two. This is the core of the issue.

With this change, we are correcting the issue and both are being equalized and being made comparable. Thus, when you put on a piece of Marauder/Ephemeral/Dreambreaker, you should see a noticeable improvement on your stat sheet that doesn't require a spreadsheet calculator to see if it was an upgrade or not. That is the goal of this change.
    I ask that you not implement this change. There has to be another way.

Plstolero/EvanX/DisorderX

I think only those with no real knowledge on which stats actually increase their dps will find this new change to the Dreambreaker gear as anything remotely better than what it already is.

It is /fine/ as it is with the current tier of options in gear (sans raid gear). Players can have a choice which gear to get between crafting, expert dungeons or pvp to get the best optimal pre-raid gear stats...

Now?

Now if this gets implemented, players will choose between crafting and expert dungeons... and won't even BOTHER with pvp anymore.

Edit: Not to mention all the rage and hate the company will get from people who wasted time, in-game currency and/or credits to upgrade their Dreambreaker gears. PvP is already dying... This... this is not going to help for the better.
    Last edited by Meowy; 03-12-2015 at 12:50 AM.
    Serale@Faeblight

They made the dreambreaker gear worse than it was when it first came out in 3.0 even before they buffed it.

Change the numbers abit more, i'm all up for making the gear easier to compare for people who have no idea how stat weighting works.
    BUT atleast make sure that you just don't nerf the gear into the ground and make the bolstering slightly stronger if needed.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Can rift pvp get any worse?

Gear changes what lured me back to the game, gear changes what is drive away me again.

Please don't screw pvp players more.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Champion of Telara

This change only works if the main stat is the only stat that matters. Which is not true, thus the change makes no sense. Please do not put this on live, it'll kill the option of gearing via PvP.

One more reason not to pvp. Thanks Vladd

P V E B O Y S

I started a petition to save our stats.

Please show your support and sign it here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5026331

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I started a petition to save our stats.

Please show your support and sign it here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5026331
    Its just going to get closed, petitions are not allowed on the forums. Ask to have the title changed and it may not get closed.

Why is Trion, making an issue of a non issue?

Then use this "issue" to nerf PVP gear, maybe they secretly regretted the high tertiary stats and now this was just an excuse to change it.

There are legitimate things to fix, such as Procs on PVP weapons and essences. But no attention is being given to that.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Plane Walker

What about them upgrade cells that are on store for credits.... Daym the people that went yolo on them early on I feel sorry for
    Last edited by Strikey; 03-12-2015 at 07:01 AM.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

...Do we have anything left anymore

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast