+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Concerning Bolstered Gear vs. Ephemeral or Higher Gear

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    how are you losing crit chance when the new pieces have more main/secondary stat, giving you more? seems like you have those backwards.
    I should have made it more clear. Dreambreaker items only have a single tertiary stat, I left them all inline to save space.

So if you are looking at an item with CP on it, consider the stats as well as the changes for the other tertiary stats listed (crit chance and AP/SP in this case) to be zero. I did not calculate the effects of the main/secondary stats for the table, though considering who these changes are being made for, I suppose I should have.
    Last edited by Stihl; 03-11-2015 at 06:36 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Retroactively worsening my gear doesn't make me feel good.

I did a parse on PTS and on Live using Paragon, and my dps was about 3-5k lower on PTS. That's using 6 Dreambreaker items + 3 essences. All these items are either CP or AP versions.

In Paragon my Crit Power is at 45% normally, and on PTS it's only 37%

The only players who might gain anything from this will be those who stacked Pys or Spell Crit. In PVP it will also give further advantage to raid geared players, who don't have to rely as much on Dreambreaker gear for their stats.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Shield of Telara

Lol i was regretting not looking up cp cap last week when i was 200 over. ..suddenly I'm going to come out ahead. Sorry for the rest of you though. Kind of.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Retroactively worsening my gear doesn't make me feel good.
    it's not just this, it's the plat and marks spent on amenders and upgrade cells to sidegrade gear to keep myself at or near the crit power cap. from what i'm seeing on pts i'm going to need to sidegrade at least my belt, which is 4 cells and 2 amenders. not really happy about this.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Prophet of Telara

Well at least the pay to win crated gear is now best in slot .

Is this for real? The stats on the pvp gear have been ingame since NT launch and are the reason people have been farming and upgrading the very rare "perfect-stats" marauder/dreambreaker gear for months, which was extremely expensive (tons of crusader marks, you could either farm for months and of course buy with credits), now i am losing over 300 cp and i can actually trash most of the gear i upgraded and farmed, because now even upgraded expert gear is miles better. (Just compare weapons like upgraded Judgement of the King or Fang of Bear with the "downgraded" Dreambreaker weapons that will go live soon, pvp weapons are so much worse now).

Anyway - where is the diversity? Why does everything have to be simplified and dumped down? Some people like "building" a specific set, getting some rare pvp drops combined with raid items to have a unique character with unique stats etc. Now everything is streamlined..awesome.

Can you at least leave the old already acquired and upgraded (and paid for, farmed for etc.) gear untouched?
    Last edited by GenjuroK; 03-11-2015 at 08:26 PM.
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

Rift Disciple

This is such ********. You just screwed over a large portion of your community by doing this. Do you want people to quit? Because this is how you get them to quit.

Soulwalker

Please don't change the CP of pvp gear... all of our WF farming will go to waste but if you do, at least give them another upgrade because they'll be useless compared to dungeon drops.

They just made it so that any piece of gear that has Physical or Spell Crit is completely useless. You have to replace them with cp or ap/sp in order to get the max cp cap without losing too much sp/ap.

It really isn't as bad as it seems. They forcing us to fight for every little cp ugrade as possible or lose out on 4-5k dps and our maximum burst potential in pvp.

The worse thing that will happen is healers will get enormously buffed and we will go back to failed warfronts with stack healers because they can just laugh through the burst. At least they finally fixed some of the exploited trinkets in pvp that healers were using to get basically god mode.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-11-2015 at 09:41 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by oddiescell View Post
    Lol i was regretting not looking up cp cap last week when i was 200 over. ..suddenly I'm going to come out ahead. Sorry for the rest of you though. Kind of.
    The warrior class seems to be the only class that is coming out ahead. LMAO. Figures Vladd will itemize in favor of the warrior class.

Telaran

Dear Vladd,

The change is sensible but please adjust the main stat on these items so as to not make us outright lose 400 to 500 dps per item changed.

Spending 56,000 ACM (and 600,000 Favor) on a 2h weapon upgrade specifically for a set CP increase and then having a good chunk of that CP removed means that a lot (and I mean a lot!) of my playtime in the last weeks would have better been spent upgrading other items.

More main stat, thank you.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    With this change, we are correcting the issue and both are being equalized and being made comparable. Thus, when you put on a piece of Marauder/Ephemeral/Dreambreaker, you should see a noticeable improvement on your stat sheet that doesn't require a spreadsheet calculator to see if it was an upgrade or not. That is the goal of this change.
    If that's the goal of this change, I completely fail to see why it's retro-active.

Those that have this gear and have upgraded are likely to be only teh people that are aware of the weighting of the stats in terms of how much DPS each stat adds as compared to other stats.

Those who are unaware of the stat weighting, likely trashed the gear by looking solely at main stat and deeming it inferior.

PVP gear was buffed a couple months ago IIRC, yet that change was not retro-active. Now it's nerfed and suddenly it needs to be retro-active for players that likely don't even have the gear... I would imagine that this change can be made so it is not retro-active from a technical standpoint.

To me this seems like 1 of 3 things (or a combination)

1. Mis-communication on the goal of the change and/or the details of the change
    2. An oversight on how this will affect those that currently have this gear and/or an oversight as far as who actually will have this gear (noteably have it and also have it upgraded)
    3. Someone is trying to pull the wool over our eyes

This change affects me very little, I think i was lucky enough to get 1 piece of CP gear, most of my dreambreaker stuff is SP. However, I do hope that the issue here isn't door #3, no one likes to be deceived.
    Last edited by Amshala; 03-11-2015 at 11:24 PM.

does that affect bostering in pve ?

Plane Touched

This must be an early aprils fool, there is no way trion could seriously think that people would like this change.

This is a big roundhouse kick for the loyalst playerbase that stood behind trion for a long time.

The biggest concern i have right now is, that Trion is hardcore lying his community. Lets go back 2 months where all marauder gear was boosted because no one needet Items with no second stat and a high endurance stat. Trion told us: there is no way "gained" items could be retroactive changed. Now they tell us there is no way any item "gained" could not be retroactive changed.

So seriously Trion, do you think your playerbase is completly brainless? This and some other big kicks Trion gave me over the last months are the reasons why i NEVER will spent one penny on this company.

Make your changes Trion without the backup of your community and soon you won't have any community anymore. Runes of Magic (Frogster) did the same some years ago, see how well their game is running now.

IMHO esc2heaven
    a very frustrated and angry customer
    Last edited by esc2heaven; 03-12-2015 at 12:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast