+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Concerning Bolstered Gear vs. Ephemeral or Higher Gear

Bloodbourne are you testing this stuff with Vladd in PTS already? If what your saying is true, thank you for sharing the findings and clearing up old stuff that is always debated and never cleared up on.
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    You're in Steppes.... My relic procs in steppes. There's more wrong there than you're seeing...
    that's in conquest on pts. your relics do not proc in cq, the bolstering system there is the same as in any other warfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Xnats View Post
    Bloodbourne are you testing this stuff with Vladd in PTS already? If what your saying is true, thank you for sharing the findings and clearing up old stuff that is always debated and never cleared up on.
    http://i.imgur.com/KSSybtJ.gif
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Neither of those show.... anything even remotely relevant.

Since bolstering has been put in game, no consumables have worked on bolstered gear. This includes down bolstered gear. Put a Mrym weapon on and toss up vampiric and tell me how much it heals for. Been that way for as long as Bolstering has been about. Same with Runes/orbs/etc. I spent a great deal of time doing 50-59 PvP in SL, where everything is bolstered (except trinket/Crystal/Focus). I can tell you that on my little noob warrior on EU, insoles did nothing on my bolstered gear.

As you can clearly see based on these relevant screenshots, you're wrong.
    http://imgur.com/a/2DcmO
    During the PvP live stream, Daglar clearly stated bolstered items, both up and down, runes and orbs would apply. There was no mention of consumables but possibly an oversight?

Prophet of Telara

Neither of those show.... anything even remotely relevant.

Since bolstering has been put in game, no consumables have worked on bolstered gear. This includes down bolstered gear. Put a Mrym weapon on and toss up vampiric and tell me how much it heals for. Been that way for as long as Bolstering has been about. Same with Runes/orbs/etc. I spent a great deal of time doing 50-59 PvP in SL, where everything is bolstered (except trinket/Crystal/Focus). I can tell you that on my little noob warrior on EU, insoles did nothing on my bolstered gear.
    Runes will work on bolstered gear in WF but you won`t be able to see it if you apply the rune while in WF. You need to rezone to see the effect. I tested this recently to confirm Xveiled finding http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...on-t-work.html

Enchants don`t work even after rezoning. I still have to test the orbs but they might actually work too since they are almost like runes.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Rift Team

Item enchantments, both permanent (runes) and temporary (powerstones) *are* supposed to continue to work when your equipment is bolstered down. That they do not currently is a bug. An engineer will be looking into it in the near future.

just to further put Bloodbourne in his PvE place:

3.0 patchnotes (NMT launch notes):

PVP AND WARFRONTS
    * Bolstering has been updated for level 65!
    - When bolstering is active, your bolstered armor now gains the benefits of all your Runes, Temporary Enchants and Dream Orbs!
    - Bolstering now works in both directions: In addition to boosting up your gear that is too low for PVP, it now also replaces any gear that is more powerful than what's currently available in PVP.
    * Warfronts can now attempt to balance dedicated healers, damagers, or people on losing streaks on each team.
    * The warfront summary screen now includes healing values from indirect heal spells, like Justicar's Salvation.
    * Player corpses no longer need to be looted to receive rewards. Coin will be automatically looted, and any other rewards will show up in the Rift reward container.
    * Conquest Points and Conquest Perks have been removed from Conquest Mode.
    * PVP Rifts have been retired, and can no longer be opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Daglar said" The amount of vitriol spewed by many folks that are very into PvP is overwhelming" It is the little things like this, that don't get looked into until months later, which brings all the hate into the forums. Thank you Pithos and Vladd for looking into this and communicating with the community.
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Rift Team

Updated original post in thread.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Updated original post in thread.
    Vladd/Pithos Will a Warfront Ascended Courage buff become available in PvP Dimensions?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-11-2015 at 11:40 AM.

> Marauder, Ephemeral, and Dreambreaker gear has had their budget distribution altered to closer match what is given by bolstered gear and, well, just about every other piece of gear. Before, there was a huge portion of the budget dedicated towards tertiary stat which was double what is normally budgeted. Now, main stat, secondary stat and endurance get a larger piece of the budget.

Wait, if this change is retroactive, I won't like it. I have several pieces of Dreambreaker (read: lots of upgrade pieces spent) gear specifically because of the amount of CP on it. Please don't change that.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Wait, if this change is retroactive, I won't like it. I have several pieces of Dreambreaker (read: lots of upgrade pieces spent) gear specifically because of the amount of CP on it. Please don't change that.
    Unfortunately, this is a required part of the addressing the issue.

To touch on what I stated in the original post, bolstered gear and Marauder's were on two different ends of the spectrum. One was heavy main stat while the other was heavy tertiary stat. It literally was an apples and oranges comparison between the two. This is the core of the issue.

With this change, we are correcting the issue and both are being equalized and being made comparable. Thus, when you put on a piece of Marauder/Ephemeral/Dreambreaker, you should see a noticeable improvement on your stat sheet that doesn't require a spreadsheet calculator to see if it was an upgrade or not. That is the goal of this change.

Marauder, Ephemeral, and Dreambreaker gear has had their budget distribution altered to closer match what is given by bolstered gear and, well, just about every other piece of gear. Before, there was a huge portion of the budget dedicated towards tertiary stat which was double what is normally budgeted. Now, main stat, secondary stat and endurance get a larger piece of the budget.
    This is a great change.
    It's going to be hard to adjust since a tons of people will see their CP drop by a lot because of it, but well... no pain, no gain.

Is there still nothing that will be done to normalize the weapons procs from Dreambreaker versus Expert weapons?
    Especially now that Expert weapons can be upgraded to Dreambreaker level.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Unfortunately, this is a required part of the addressing the issue.

To touch on what I stated in the original post, bolstered gear and Marauder's were on two different ends of the spectrum. One was heavy main stat while the other was heavy tertiary stat. It literally was an apples and oranges comparison between the two. This is the core of the issue.

With this change, we are correcting the issue and both are being equalized and being made comparable. Thus, when you put on a piece of Marauder/Ephemeral/Dreambreaker, you should see a noticeable improvement on your stat sheet that doesn't require a spreadsheet calculator to see if it was an upgrade or not. That is the goal of this change.
    Translation: Because there are individuals that do not understand stat weights and how to min/max their character, we are literally screwing everyone who has been working since launch to gear their character properly.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Prophet of Telara

New Dreambreaker CP lesser (offensive one with low end):

Int 170
    Wis 115
    End 115
    CP 150

vs

Int 145
    Wis 78
    End 115
    CP 220
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

I'm not too sure about this. The high tertiary stat was what made Dreambreaker items good for capping CP. The new stats look pretty decent, but still. It looks like a dumbing down of the whole gearing system.

Edit: Actually 25 Intelligence will never be on par with 70 CP
    Last edited by Fusscle; 03-11-2015 at 01:58 PM.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast